Conor Actually Destroyed Mendes

Frankel

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I must say that Conor's recent antics have annoyed me and I've really started to dislike him but I Just watched the 189 main event and Conor was by far the superior fighter. Mendes took him down, sure, and hit him with some hard elbows... but at no point was Conor in danger and the whole time he had the mindset that he was the better fighter - and it showed.

The general theme is that Chad won the first round but having watched it again, all the power shots were Conor's and all the serious damage done was by McGregor. Taking someone down and having top control are great tools to win an MMA fight but if they don't win you the fight then the guy that's landing the big punches and kicks will defeat you.

I think if you watch the fight closely you can see the whole time that Chad isn't happy with how it's going. Whether that's down to his camp or not is another debate but Conor absolutely owned that fight. Annoyingly.

The first round was close but I gave it to Mendes, Mendes was also comfortably winning the 2nd round. It was a great, competitive fight and in no way was it a 'destruction'.

Weird time to make this thread. What are you afraid Ronda is getting more attention than your boy now?

Doesn't matter. Whether Chad was winning it all up till the end, or Conor was actually winning. Conor finished the fight, end of story.

The opening of the second round said it all.

The hardest part of the match for Conor was fixing his majestic, beautiful hair.

KABI8uN.jpg

I'm starting to think that some of these Connor fans have a poster of him on their ceilings.

Destroyed Mendes? Connor had to be behind on the cards up to the point that Mendes let him up and dropped his hands.

Yes, TS. Agreed. Those significant strikes are what won Conor the 1st round. He was hurting him, controlling him by walking him down and cutting him off (Octagon control) being the aggressor, and he was tagging him a lot. Chad was buckled by his left cross in that round too, surely the judges noticed that.

As for round 2, Chad was winning. The thing is, in that round he was finished by Conor so it's irrelevant.

in my eyes it was an even fight skill wise
mendes did not catch up to the damage conor laid on him in rd 1 no matter how many mins or secs he laid on conor just saying
those elbows were good but mostly just cut him and didnt take conor out of the fight like the body work took mendes out of the fight

"I must say that Conor's recent antics have annoyed me and I've really started to dislike him but I Just watched the 189 main event and Conor was by far the superior fighter. Mendes took him down, sure, and hit him with some hard elbows... but at no point was Conor in danger and the whole time he had the mindset that he was the better fighter - and it showed.

The general theme is that Chad won the first round but having watched it again, all the power shots were Conor's and all the serious damage done was by McGregor. Taking someone down and having top control are great tools to win an MMA fight but if they don't win you the fight then the guy that's landing the big punches and kicks will defeat you.

I think if you watch the fight closely you can see the whole time that Chad isn't happy with how it's going. Whether that's down to his camp or not is another debate but Conor absolutely owned that fight. Annoyingly.
"

-Joe Rogan, during his podcast The Joe Rogan Experience

Fixed that for you, TS. Thank you for reporting the news by the way.

Lol at everyone only reading the thread title (as usual.) The TS isn't a Conor fan you tards.

I think the fact that almost the entirety of the mma media scored round one for Mendes just shows how big of a wrestling bias there is when judging fights. Chad never looked comfortable in there, he was getting outstruck by a wide margin on the feet, was wincing every time Conor dug in with a good body shot, even on the ground he didn't seem anywhere near as collected as he usually does. He looked discouraged on the few occasions he did manage to land a big punch or elbow and Conor laughed it off and talked shit to him. Big difference in the way they reacted to being hit. He laid on him for a bit though so he clearly won.

I think Conor should have won the first round, but it wasn't close to being a dominant round.

Lol at everyone only reading the thread title (as usual.) The TS isn't a Conor fan you tards.

I think the fact that almost the entirety of the mma media scored round one for Mendes just shows how big of a wrestling bias there is when judging fights. Chad never looked comfortable in there, he was getting outstruck by a wide margin on the feet, was wincing every time Conor dug in with a good body shot, even on the ground he didn't seem anywhere near as collected as he usually does. He looked discouraged on the feew occasions he did manage to land a big punch or elbow and Conor laughed it off and talked shit to him. Big difference in the way they reacted to being hit.

"but Conor absolutely owned that fight."

It's funny because people didn't talk much about him being a Canner fanboy, but obviously talk about the fight in itself and how it wasn't a dominance from Canner McMario.

I particularly love how you say that the whole MMA media are biased towards wrestler to justify your position. Conor's fanboys are something (Yes, I am calling you a fanboy, not TS tho, because YOU clearly are one).

I think MMA judging has tainted people ability to tell who's winning a fight.

Conor won round 1 without a doubt, the majority of the round played out on the feet, and Conor was surgically taking him apart, Mendes got him down and landed a few elbows, but in no way did it negate Conors stand up dominance.

Round 1 = Conor

Mendes was winning round 2 due to most of the round taking place on the ground with Mendes in top control, although Conor was never in any real danger, whenever round 2 was on the feet Conor was hurting him badly and eventually he got back up and landed about 13 unanswered strikes to put Mendes away.

Round 2 (if Mendes had made it to the bell) = Conor

The fight was very one sided when it was on the feet and if it was a kickboxing match then I guess I would have to agree, but the wrestling takes away from the "destruction".

"but Conor absolutely owned that fight."

It's funny because people didn't talk much about him being a Canner fanboy, but obviously talk about the fight in itself and how it wasn't a dominance from Canner McMario.

I particularly love how you say that the whole MMA media are biased towards wrestler to justify your position. Conor's fanboys are something (Yes, I am calling you a fanboy, not TS tho, because YOU clearly are one).

Coming from you, i'll take that as a complement.

had chad not gassed he could of 50-45

had chad not gassed he could of 50-45

I personally disagree. Chad was eating some big shots on the feet and I think he would have fallen eventually anyway. Conor also had to change game plan significantly on two weeks notice. It's all just speculation though and it won't be settled unless there's a rematch.

It was like Anderson vs Weidman 1. Weidman was winning on points (like Mendes) but Anderson was just getting into the groove (like Conor). But the ending is quite different obviously haha.

Back