Congrats to Colton Smith

Prime Shane Douglas

The Franchise
@red
Reaction score
I have not followed TUF in a long time, but I did DVR the event last night. To my surprise Colton Smith was in the TUF finale co main event. I watched him fight on his debut fight in Norfolk at an M1 show.

After he won, he came out and was greeting the fans. He stopped by our table and talked to us for a few moments. Smith was extremely nice and cool and we both thanked him for his military service and then wished him luck in his career.

I do not know if he posts or views this forum, but if you do congrats and it was really cool to see you both start in the fight game and now gain success at the highest level. Honestly wish you further success in your career. Congrats.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f61/first-live-event-last-night-1608091/

Just don't offer to give him a high five. He'll shoot on you.

He's almost as bad as Tim Kennedy for referencing the military every 2 milliseconds - I find it pretty irritating to be honest.

He gets you down and holds you there. Boring as shit. The whole cast was bad and it was the worst season on TUF to date. Sorry but it's the truth.

Time to pack it in with the ultimate wrestler.

Was happy he beat Ricci. Ricci was an arrogant douche and just rubbed me the wrong way.

I dislike LnP wrestlers, hate people who preach about god post fight, hate people who preach military shit, hate people who fake glove tap, but for some reason I don't dislike Colton lol.

not a fan dude just rubs me the wrong way not to mention i dont think hes got an exciting style

He is still young in his career. Remember Kos in TUF??? He will evolve in his game.

IRT religion, seriously if you dont believe fine. He does and chooses to thank God. A ton of athletes do. Not really an issue tbh...

The fake glove was unfortunate. Its not cool, but so is other things fighters do. Flipping off guys because your losing for one. That doesnt seem to get much hate though. Not sure why he did it. Im not a fighter either though. Maybe nerves or maybe it is what it is, a dirty move.

As far as the military thing, those guys are proud of their service. No shame in that either.

Either way I thought it was cool to see a guy fight his very first fight, then less than two years later be a TUF winner.

He is still young in his career. Remember Kos in TUF??? He will evolve in his game.

IRT religion, seriously if you dont believe fine. He does and chooses to thank God. A ton of athletes do. Not really an issue tbh...

The fake glove was unfortunate. Its not cool, but so is other things fighters do. Flipping off guys because your losing for one. That doesnt seem to get much hate though. Not sure why he did it. Im not a fighter either though. Maybe nerves or maybe it is what it is, a dirty move.

As far as the military thing, those guys are proud of their service. No shame in that either.

Either way I thought it was cool to see a guy fight his very first fight, then less than two years later be a TUF winner.

Why are you defending him so hard?

Was happy he beat Ricci. Ricci was an arrogant douche and just rubbed me the wrong way.

I dislike LnP wrestlers, hate people who preach about god post fight, hate people who preach military shit, hate people who fake glove tap, but for some reason I don't dislike Colton lol.

You sound like a confused and absolute hypocrite.

Strangely I agree with you. First I Ricci was the "good guy", and glad his pompous attitude got derailed.

i actually dont dislike him either. in fact, even watching the ricci fight i didnt think stylistically he looked that dull (didnt watch this season of TUF but ive heard some stories about his snoozers). fake glove taps are ridiculous but i like struve a lot and im pretty sure he used a touch of gloves to immediately set up a strike in one of his ufc fights. nature of the game- there should be a sense of honor and integrity but at the end of the day its defend yourself at all times.

if anything im a little surprised that ricci, a guy who trains with st.-pierre and rory was not able to prevent the wrestling dominance that colton put on him. ricci will be better served back at LW. but then again so will smith.

Evolve into pawing with the left hand open and throwing an overhand right from Antarctica? I hope not.

Kos is one of the least evolved fighters I've ever seen and I don't get why people give him so much love. His striking is so bad it is embarrassing. 9 year old kids in my gym have way better technique, he just knocks people out because he has good power and speed.

He's also a great wrestler and hardly ever uses his top game unless it's to LnP a dangerous striker.

A better example of an evolved wrestler is someone like Mendes. Used to just lay on people, now he has a really good technical striking game and some nasty chokes.

Back