Confirmed List of SF Coming to the UFC.

I never click links lol
i just assume you guys starting threads are already providing all relevant information

first lesson of sherdog, assume everyone else is an idiot and you'll be right 99% of the time.

Barnett and Kharitonov will get signed, everyone chill out. Both top 10 guys. Dana will pay them. He might have to pay Barnett a bit more to get him to stop his Japan pro wrestling but it'll get done.

Sergei was a free agent for most part of 2012. This summer he said he was offered UFC contract and he didn't like the money they offered.
So he's not coming over.

barnett isn't coming over imo, he pretty much has been saying it for months now, only leaving the possibility out there in case zuffa folds to his purse demands.

i dont think ufc will pay him 250k a fight, and i think he could probably go do small pro wrestling for more money than the ufc would offer him.

So far, since/as of Zuffa acquisition in 2011, "Strikeforce Fighters" have held their own:

Strikeforce > UFC:
Overeem > Brock
Werdum > Roy Nelso
Werdum > Russow
Big Foot > Browne
Lavar > Barry
Lavar > Beltran
Hendo > Shogun
Cung > Franklin
Cung > Cote
Brunson > Leben (?)
Diaz > BJ Penn
Scaffiedine > Marquardt^
Jacare > Ed Herman
Peralta > Mike Lullo (?)
Peralta > Jason Young (?)
---
UFC > Strikeforce:
Big Foot > Velasquez
Lavar < Struve
Shane < Stipe
Shane < Barry
Griggs < Browne
Griggs < Diabate
Miller < Bisping (?)
Miller < Dollaway (?)
Cung < Wanderlei
Nick < Condit
Woodley < Marquardt^

Missing any?

(?) - Not sure if Peralta or Brunson was officially signed with Strikeforce BEFORE the Zuffa acquisition happened. Not sure if Jason Miller was still with Strikeforce at the time.
^ - Not "released" due to poor fight performance

P.S. - Not counting fights that happened BEFORE Zuffa acquisition (e.g., Jake Shields was already with the UFC as of March/April 2011):
Shields > Kampmann
Shields > Ed Herman
Shields > Akiyama
Nick > Paul Daley^
Woodley > Paul Daley^
Kazuo Misaki > Paul Daley^
---
Shields < GSP
Shields < Ellenberger
Scott Smith < Paul Daley^

P.P.S. -Not counting fighters who were signed with Strikeforce AFTER the Zuffa acquisition happened:
Shawn Jordan > Oli Thomson
---
Shawn Jordan < Kongo
Maximo Blanco < Marcus Brimage

you trying to tell me that minor league, strikefarce fighters are capable of winning fights in the superbowl of mma? :eek:

sorry if this has been covered but i didn't go through all 5 pages.

but has Roger Gracie been confirmed? the only bit of news i'm aware of in regards to that is his interview with Helwani where he states that he's interested in signing with the UFC but there's no contract yet.

Roger is definitely not ready to face the top of his division yet but like Maia, i think he will improved at a rapid rate once in the UFC.

reallyyyyy hope to see him sign!

barnett isn't coming over imo, he pretty much has been saying it for months now, only leaving the possibility out there in case zuffa folds to his purse demands.

i dont think ufc will pay him 250k a fight, and i think he could probably go do small pro wrestling for more money than the ufc would offer him.

Good points. Barnett has to realize that there is no market for his services outside of the UFC. Bellator just said they're not interested. That leaves WSOF and let's be honest all they have is Arlovski for him and it would not be a good move for them at this point.

Barnett does not draw as much as people think, the lowest Strikeforce on Showtime was the one Barnett headlined opposite Kharitonov.

Barnett can claim he is going to go around beating nobodies in small organizations or try professional wrestling, but the reality is if he wants to save his career, he needs to take a big pay cut and prove he is worth the big money he desires by winning a few fights in the UFC.

Barnett has proved that he can pass a steroid test as of late, but how bad would it look for the UFC if they ever put him in a main event/co-main and he tests positive for THE 4TH TIME!!!

They really need to sign several more fighters. My personal picks would be: Feijao, OSP, Barnett, Masvidal, Guto Inocente, Quinn Mulhern, Justin Wilcox, Adlan Amagov, and Sarah Kaufman. Especially Barnett and Sarah though.

Dissapointed in no Barnett but it's still a great list and not complete apparently things just got interesting.

Here is the full list of fighters that were active members of Strikeforce's roster as of its closing that have yet to be officially signed by the UFC.

HW
Dion Staring
Nandor Guelmino
Josh Barnett - now a free agent

LHW
Rafael Cavalcante - currently serving a suspension
Ovince St.Preux
Yoel Romero
Guto Inocente
Mike Kyle - Supposedly retiring
TJ Cook
Virgil Zwicker

MW
Adlan Amagov
Anthony Smith - His manager said he signed w/UFC
Lumumba Sayers
Trevor Smith
Keith Jardine
Benji Radach
Nate James
Yancy Medeiros
Keith Berry

WW
Jorge Santiago
Christopher Spang - Manager said he signed w/UFC
Quinn Mulhern
Tyler Stinson
Nate Moore
Yuri Villefort
Nah-Shon Burrell
Ryan LaFlare
Brian Melancon

LW
Jorge Masvidal
Justin Wilcox
Matt Ricehouse
Billy Evangelista
James Terry
Joe Duarte
Jorge Gurgel
Michael Bravo

i hope i saw barnett on the list. maybe i missed it or so...

Barnett was done for roids long ago for ufc. they don't want him

Jacare, Kennedy, Rockhold, Larkin, Gracie, Belfort, Bisping, Stann, Weidman, Belcher, Okami, Palhares, Lombard, Boetsch, Carmont, Brunson, Cung Le, Franklin, Munoz, Phillipou, Shields, Ring. Mw is officially stacked.

Back