Confirmed List of SF Coming to the UFC.

Solid list. Where did you get your information?

TS needs to add these tidbits into the OP so we wouldn't have to read the same shitty-ass questions over and over:

- The list is NOT final, as there are fighters still in negotiation (males AND females).

- This list only include fighters who was signed AFTER the final Strikeforce event, and therefore ommits the ones whose arrival have already been announced prior to that (Lawler, Mein, etc).

So far, since/as of Zuffa acquisition in 2011, "Strikeforce Fighters" have held their own:

Strikeforce > UFC:
Overeem > Brock
Werdum > Roy Nelso
Werdum > Russow
Big Foot > Browne
Lavar > Barry
Lavar > Beltran
Hendo > Shogun
Cung > Franklin
Cung > Cote
Brunson > Leben (?)
Diaz > BJ Penn
Scaffiedine > Marquardt^
Jacare > Ed Herman
Peralta > Mike Lullo (?)
Peralta > Jason Young (?)
---
UFC > Strikeforce:
Big Foot > Velasquez
Lavar < Struve
Shane < Stipe
Shane < Barry
Griggs < Browne
Griggs < Diabate
Miller < Bisping (?)
Miller < Dollaway (?)
Cung < Wanderlei
Nick < Condit
Woodley < Marquardt^

Missing any?

(?) - Not sure if Peralta or Brunson was officially signed with Strikeforce BEFORE the Zuffa acquisition happened. Not sure if Jason Miller was still with Strikeforce at the time.
^ - Not "released" due to poor fight performance

P.S. - Not counting fights that happened BEFORE Zuffa acquisition (e.g., Jake Shields was already with the UFC as of March/April 2011):
Shields > Kampmann
Shields > Ed Herman
Shields > Akiyama
Nick > Paul Daley^
Woodley > Paul Daley^
Kazuo Misaki > Paul Daley^
---
Shields < GSP
Shields < Ellenberger
Scott Smith < Paul Daley^

P.P.S. -Not counting fighters who were signed with Strikeforce AFTER the Zuffa acquisition happened:
Shawn Jordan > Oli Thomson
---
Shawn Jordan < Kongo
Maximo Blanco < Marcus Brimage

you trying to tell me that minor league, strikefarce fighters are capable of winning fights in the superbowl of mma? :eek:

.... evidently.

Guys any word on Ovince St. Preux coming over as well? I think he would be a good addition at LHW.

I really feel that Matt Ricehouse should be signed as well. He has beaten Ryan Couture and Bill The Grill Cooper, even though he lost to Bobby Green in his last fight. There is no shame in losing to Green IMHO as he is a veteran at this stage and has stopped the likes of Cruickshank as well. The man surely can hang with middle of the road LWs at least and I enjoy watching his fights. If Holobaugh was signed, I see no reason as to why Ricehouse shouldn't be. If not the UFC, hopefully Bellator picks him up.

I counted 9 really good acquisitions

HEAVYWEIGHT
Daniel Cormier (11-0 MMA, 8-0 SF)

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT
Gegard Mousasi (33-3-2 MMA, 4-1-1 SF)

MIDDLEWEIGHT
Lorenz Larkin (13-0 MMA, 4-0 SF)
Champ Luke Rockhold (10-1 MMA, 9-0 SF)
Ronaldo Souza (17-3 MMA, 7-1 SF)

WELTERWEIGHT
Nate Marquardt (32-11-2 MMA, 1-1 SF, 10-4 UFC)
Champ Tarec Saffiedine (14-3 MMA, 6-1 SF)

LIGHTWEIGHT
Champ Gilbert Melendez (21-2 MMA, 11-1 SF)
Josh Thomson (19-5 MMA, 10-3 SF, 2-1 UFC)

you trying to tell me that minor league, strikefarce fighters are capable of winning fights in the superbowl of mma? :eek:

Its amazing how a fighter can suddenly become "legit" and "a real contender" with literally the stroke of a pen.

Remember when Dana said Marquardt won't ever be back in the UFC. I'm so glad he was talking out of his ass.

Back