• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CONFIRMED: Germaine de Randamie vs. Aspen Ladd to headline in Sacramento

Aspen Ladd versus Germaine De Randamie ESPN + Full Fight Video Breakdown UFC Sacramento
Paulie G
Published on Jul 9, 2019

Reach advantage goes to De Randamie: 71 inches vs. 66 inches.

I posted in a different thread, but the UFC completely blocked off the second level of the arena for this card. The demand for this card is so low that they can’t even sell out the first level. So much for the people who early on in this thread said the event would be a near sell out!

This is a number one contenders fight. Striker vs. grappler. Both entertaining fighters. Almost a sure bet someone is getting their ass beat. Not sure how you can call it a flop.
Well, to begin with, she should not be fighting for any belt.
She had a belt and ducked a top contender. A top contender she KNEW she would have to fight.
Why should the UFC ever grant her a new title shot?

She had a belt and ducked a top contender. A top contender she KNEW she would have to fight.
Because Amanda is running out of legit challengers.

Because Amanda is running out of legit challengers.
Two wrongs don't make a right.
I mean she did lose to Amanda 3 fights back....
Besides, JDR is not popular nor a main eventer like Holm was.

They could pick other girls to prop for a title fight (i.e. Felicia).

Because she keeps winning and is ranked first in the division? That's how it's supposed to work.

Because she keeps winning and is ranked first in the division? That's how it's supposed to work.
keeps winning is a bit of a stretch.
She lost to Amanda 3 fights ago (in this WC).

keeps winning is a bit of a stretch.
She lost to Amanda 3 fights ago (in this WC).

5 fights ago. Almost 6 years ago. What is the point of giving her fights if it isn't eventually going to get her to a title shot?

5 fights ago. Almost 6 years ago. What is the point of giving her fights if it isn't eventually going to get her to a title shot?
she should have thought about this before ducking Cyborg and relinquishing the FW belt.

she should have thought about this before ducking Cyborg and relinquishing the FW belt.

So one mistake and she can never get a title shot again, no matter that she is ranked number one and keeps beating everyone? That's the dumbest thing I've heard today.

Also you've completely switched arguments. Your original post was calling this fight a flop. It's no 1 vs. no 4. Established vet vs. unbeaten new contender. Striker vs. grappler. Both exciting fighters. It's clearly a good fight.

taking GDR in a close decision, like 48-47.

Excited for this one, tough matchup but I think GDR will take this one

So one mistake and she can never get a title shot again, no matter that she is ranked number one and keeps beating everyone? That's the dumbest thing I've heard today.

Also you've completely switched arguments. Your original post was calling this fight a flop. It's no 1 vs. no 4. Established vet vs. unbeaten new contender. Striker vs. grappler. Both exciting fighters. It's clearly a good fight.
That's because you don't seem bright enough to follow what happened.

I noted it was a flop to make it a main because of her undeserving FW title shot (remember her dishonest punches after the bell?) and then the way she ducked Cyborg. Both of them incurred wrath from MMA fans. Meaning she is NOT a popular fighter.

Then we discussed the merit of her title shot, one thing you are being blatantly dishonest with repeating her beating "everyone" which actually means just 3 girls:
- Larissa Pacheco
- Anna Elmose
- Raquel Pennington (finally a recognizable name).

So no, she didn't beat everybody.
She beat 3 girls in the past 6 years (or...since her loss to Amanda).

I also don't think it was "a mistake" her dropping the belt. That was very well premeditated and done very much "on purpose" (EVERYONE knew the winner would fight Cyborg).
I gave GSP a hard time for running from WHittaker, why would I cut any flack to GDR for doing essentially the same?

So please stop with your rhetoric, and get your facts right before posting this asinine whiteKnighting.

If you want to talk "deserve", then Ketlen Vieira deserves a lot more.
She is 10-0 and beat names like Zingano or McMann in the past 2 years.

Besides, I don't think that inactive fighters deserve anything.
Didn't think Gus deserved a title shot against Jon and I don't think GDR deserves a tritle shot against Amanda.

But this was not about deserving. It was about the flop this card will be if they are counting on GDR's popularity. That was what I noted on my first post.
If you disagree, please show me how popular she really is. Because the one who changed the subject was not me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SporterGo
Back