Condit after the brown fight

Rory should get the title shot if Hendricks wins.

GSP v Maia (if he wins) for No.1 contendership. GSP will probably get an immediate rematch though.

Condit needs to stop playing it safe to win against GSP or Hendrix.

Last edited:
never look past a fight as amazing as condit is brown has been wrecking people

You said it yourself. Condit ate every big punch Hendricks had. That's what won Hendricks the fight. The takedowns just sealed the deal. When you have a close and competitive round standing (as rounds 1 and 2 were), but one guy gets 4 takedowns and the other guy gets none, who the fuck is supposed to get that round?

If you use actual judging criteria, there is a convincing case Condit won the grappling exchanges. Unfortunately, the actual criteria is never used.

Oh Hendricks absolutely won the fight and I'm glad he did because I didn't want to see Condit vs GSP II (Then again, I never want to see GSP fight). But Hendricks vs Condit was exciting and competitive and would make a great 5 rounder if Hendricks became champ. I think it'd be a much better fight than Hendricks vs Maia

Yeah why have a repeat of arguably the 2012 FOTY.

In a 5 round fight he'd win against Hendricks, he would have anyhow. GSP would dominate him again (minus the headkick that GSP would avoid this time).

Nothing more needs to be said . Other them Maia should get the first crack if he beats shields condit could fight a rematch with Rory or the loser .

Condit vs the lawler/Rory winner I see it as a title eliminator

Maia should get a title shot if he wins against Shields, imo.

I think he (Condit) would beat Hendricks in the rematch (regardless of the amount of rounds).
I think GSP would beat Condit again, I would love to be wrong on this one though.

I agree with everything except condit beating Hendricks in a 3 rounder. Condit does finish Hendricks within 5 rounds.

The Immortal is known for his striking, heart, & power, Condit is just plain awesome, this fight has FOTN written all over it, hoping for a war, also hoping Brown comes out the victor

Condit needs another fight.

GSP wins vs Hendricks + Maia beats Shields = GSP/Maia and Condit/Rory II or Condit/Lawler

Hendricks wins + Maia + Rory = GSP/Hendricks rematch, Maia #1 contender, Rory/Condit II

GSP wins + Lawler + Maia = GSP/Maia, Condit/Lawler for #1 contender

Hendricks wins + Maia + Lawler = GSP/Hendricks rematch, Maia #1 contender, Condit/Lawler for future contender.

I haven't put anything down for Shields winning, because even though it would be a huge win for him I don't think it alone would get him into the title picture.

They'll probably go ahead with the Rory rematch like they initially planned on doing if both guys win their next fights.

Condit should get an hendricks rematch once George's done with him.
Brown could beat Condit but i don't see it happening.

I don't see any reason to give Carlos a title shot for beating Brown... his loss to GSP was too fresh, and rather convincing... and lets just be frank here, Matt Brown has been tearing through lower tier fighters... Carlos is a huge step up, and I suspect it is going to be a rather one-sided beatdown... I just don't see beating Kampmann & Brown pushing Condit to the forefront of the division, especially after he dropped the decision to Hendricks... It does depend on how Hendricks & GSP plays out, but I suspect that if GSP wins his fight with Jonny, that Damien Maia will be next in line, assuming that he beats Jake Shields... Should Carlos beat Brown, lets see him rematch with Rory Mac, while Maia gets his crack at the title... If Carlos can beat Rory again, then I suspect he will have positioned himself nicely for a rematch with either GSP or Hendricks..

This ^^^^^

Iv said that this same exact scenario and I think it's perfect. I'm glad someone else agrees with me.

It all hinges on Maia beating shields convincingly. But rory and Carlos should win their next fights and there rematch would be timed nicely. Probably in late spring/early summer. Gsp/Maia would happen a similar time so the winners would meet. If its Carlos great, if its rory well it's time for ares to switch camps then.

What has Maia done since he moved down? Beat Fitch and potentially beat Shields? That doesn't give you a title shot he needs to beat Rory for that.

Too early for a title shot for Carlos. If he passes Brown and Hendrix passes GSP, GSP will get a rematch and Carlos will have to fight anyway. (eventually in a 5 rd bout Condit would TKO Johnny when he gasses)

If Georges wins, and Carlos too, Maia* would be the next.

If Georges wins and Carlos loses, probably Maia* x Brown for TS or GSP x Maia.

*: obviously assuming Maia wins the Shields fight.

Back