Condit after the brown fight

KevinL314

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I think Condit will get the next title Shot assuming he beats brown. How do you think he would do against Johnny or GSP? Both fights would be rematches so its interesting. IMO he beats either of them

In a 5 round fight he'd win against Hendricks, he would have anyhow. GSP would dominate him again (minus the headkick that GSP would avoid this time).

Maia should get a title shot if he wins against Shields, imo.

I think he (Condit) would beat Hendricks in the rematch (regardless of the amount of rounds).
I think GSP would beat Condit again, I would love to be wrong on this one though.

I'd take Condit in a rematch with Hendricks, but not with GSP. I think GSP would UD him again.

But man, am I ever excited for his fight with Brown. Should be awesome.

I don't see any reason to give Carlos a title shot for beating Brown... his loss to GSP was too fresh, and rather convincing... and lets just be frank here, Matt Brown has been tearing through lower tier fighters... Carlos is a huge step up, and I suspect it is going to be a rather one-sided beatdown... I just don't see beating Kampmann & Brown pushing Condit to the forefront of the division, especially after he dropped the decision to Hendricks... It does depend on how Hendricks & GSP plays out, but I suspect that if GSP wins his fight with Jonny, that Damien Maia will be next in line, assuming that he beats Jake Shields... Should Carlos beat Brown, lets see him rematch with Rory Mac, while Maia gets his crack at the title... If Carlos can beat Rory again, then I suspect he will have positioned himself nicely for a rematch with either GSP or Hendricks..

He should get the next shot if Hendricks win or give Maia the shot if GSP's still champ. Throw Condit against Ellenberger or McDonald.

I'm actually real interested in Carlos lately ever after the Hendricks loss. It seems he had a serious realization how much he has neglected to train his wrestling. I remember shortly after the loss Winklejohn was talking about how great of a wrester Khabilov was, and how he was repeatedly taking down a high level WW in their camp. Shortly afterwards Carlos made a statement how he wanted to take time off to seriously work on his wrestling, which to me obviously shows he was the one Winklejohn was talking about.

I think he's been keeping to his word, as he's been seen with Team Alpha Male, so I actually have high hopes he can do much better against Georges and Johnny if his training pans out. Carlos with actual TDD = a completely different fighter as his striking will be much more deadly and cause his opponents to be weary to shoot.

If he beats Brown, I say give him a high level wrestler who will spam TDs like Pierce or even Maia, or better yet a rematch with Rory. If he gets by them that'll be more than enough in my eyes to take on GSP again.

Browns going to finish him.

After seeing Condit eat Hendricks' loaded right hands, I don't think Brown wins by KO/TKO. And I have an even harder time seeing Brown subbing him.

I'm still expecting an all out brawl though.

Did Carlos get new running shoes? I was disappointed that he did not show us his amazing track skills again in his last fight, but if brown has good hands I suspect we will see the "natural born track star" turn his back and run again.
Track is the original martial art, and Carlos is not afraid to turn his back and show us his blackbelt in shuttle-run.

Seriously though, he looked pretty good against Kampman.

If Condit can get his wrestling (particularly his takedown defense) up to a level that could even be considered mediocre, I think he'd be a major threat to anyone including GSP. I wouldn't be surprised if he spends a little time as champion by beating either GSP or Hendricks in a rematch. The 5 round format really works in his favor because he is almost impossible to finish, can get stoppage wins of his own, and seems to never get tired.

I think he'll need one more win before being considered for a title shot. Condit/Brown vs. Rory/Lawler for the title shot. Maia should get a shot with a win against Shields

If Hendricks actually beat GSP (and Grease didn't get the instant rematch), than Condit should get the next shot because that fight was close.

It looked like a solid 2 rounds to 1 for Hendricks to me deserving of the unanimous decision that it was.

I have forever failed to see any argument that Condit could have won round 1 or 2.

Oh Hendricks absolutely won the fight and I'm glad he did because I didn't want to see Condit vs GSP II (Then again, I never want to see GSP fight). But Hendricks vs Condit was exciting and competitive and would make a great 5 rounder if Hendricks became champ. I think it'd be a much better fight than Hendricks vs Maia

I hope you're aware that if GSP loses to Hendricks his next fight would be a rematch against Hendricks. That's just a fact.

I think he needs one more fight, Maia or Rory would be great exciting matchups for him at this point where no matter who wins in each of the two matchups the winner would deserve a shot.

Unfortunately yes but I don't think he'd deserve one if he got ko'd. Anderson didn't deserve a rematch either but the "revenge" angle is a strong seller so it makes sense

It's not about "deserve" or "revenge" it's about the fact that the UFC wants Anderson and GSP to have every reasonable opportunity to be champion of their divisions for as long as possible because they know exactly what they have in those guys in terms PPV revenue. A UFC without GSP and Anderson in title fights scares the hell out of Dana and I can't blame him. Those 2 guys have been the backbone of the UFC for a good while now.

Sorry but Maia should get the next shot. Condit should face the winner of Rory/Lawler.

Sorry but Maia should get the next shot.

Maia has to beat Jake before he can do anything else. While I definitely think Maia should win that fight, it's hard to ever count Jake out. He is deceptively very good. And if Hendricks beats GSP, GSP is the automatic #1 contender and gets next shot regardless of how anyone feels about it.

Back