Opinion Complete and utter disgrace.....

Personally, no, it's fine. We should have been out a long time ago.

But, if you think we should have done more to save more supplies and people, then you should absolutely take issue with Trump's dealings with the Taliban without involving the Afghan government. The impossible time table set and the lack of effort between signing the agreement and leaving office.

Why would Trump involve the fake Gov that Biden is now throwing under the bus as a band of pussies.

Seems Trump knew exactly who he needed to deal with.

This is about the pentagon and State Dept fucking up the withdrawal. Has nothing to do with Trump and not much to do with Biden

I’m assuming some cans of Willy Pete were dropped into the engines of all of those pieces of equipment were left behind, right? No, really, I’m ignorant and it’s a long thread. Surely an effort was made to disable gear on the way out?

He didn't continue it as VP. In fact it's been reported that he tried to convince Obama to stop listening to the generals who were requesting a troop surge which Obama did anyways. He was only the VP he can't stop the war as the VP only the President can. When he became President he stopped the war.

He did literally nothing to stop the war. He never spoke about it and never even made mention of it during his 8 years in office. He was the #2 man in charge, that makes him pretty damn responsible in my book.

I’m assuming some cans of Willy Pete were dropped into the engines of all of those pieces of equipment were left behind, right? No, really, I’m ignorant and it’s a long thread. Surely an effort was made to disable gear on the way out?

Nope. Just left it all there as it is.

Nope. Just left it all there as it is.

You can’t be serious. No attempt was made to disable the gear left behind???

Is there any info out there on this? That’s unbelievable. It takes thirty seconds to take the firing pin out of an M model and who wouldn’t love destroying military equipment for fun when you’re getting screwed over. Really?

I suppose that’s a way to look at it.

I have an opinion about 9/11 though.

Not full on tin-foil, but I believe it could have been prevented. I’ll just leave it at that.
Loose Change bro! Controlled demolition bro! 3k Americans living secret lives on an island, bro!

Everyone wants to get out, but when getting out is messy the finger pointing and armchair quarterbacking begins. As though there's any way to withdraw cleanly from a war that hasn't been a war that never really ended. Our country tried for 20 years to do the right thing for Afghanistan; It took Joe Biden to finally do the right thing for our country.
I kinda agree with that, even though im a Trump supporter. There was absolutely no point in being there, specially after seeing that even the afeghans themselves dont give a fuck(army).

Still the withdrawl, could had been much better, more than 12 americans died for stupid incompetence. Biden have blood in his hands.

I kinda agree with that, even though im a Trump supporter. There was absolutely no point in being there, specially after seeing that even the afeghans themselves dont give a fuck(army).

Still the withdrawl, could had been much better, more than 12 americans died for stupid incompetence. Biden have blood in his hands.
Was Joe supposed to predict a suicide bomber?

Was Joe supposed to predict a suicide bomber?
But the order of the withdrawl made no sense. First the people, than the equipament, than the army. Even a child have more common sense.

As if there's a neat, orderly way to evacuate from a war you've lost. It was the same with Vietnam. As far as the equipment left behind, it's no threat to us, and the Taliban aren't inclined to attack their neighbors so, I'm not so worried about it.

Loose Change bro! Controlled demolition bro! 3k Americans living secret lives on an island, bro!

I’m not your bro, son.

I’m of the opinion that it could have been prevented if some in our intelligence agencies and the highest ups wanted to. I don’t believe this was all just a blunder that resulted from a lack of information sharing.

We needed a pretext for a long war to feed the MIC. Cheney and Rumsfeld certainly weren’t above that kind of decision making and Bush Sr wouldn’t have given 2 fucks and Jr wouldn’t have been calling shots anyways. Powell could have been sold on it being for “the good” after the fact, and look at how he kind of separated himself from those people as time went on.

Wouldn’t be the first time folks in our gov’t did something like that.

3,000 people living on an island, huh? Must be there with 2Pac and Elvis, I bet the concerts kick ass.

I’m not your bro, son.

I’m of the opinion that it could have been prevented if some in our intelligence agencies and the highest ups wanted to. I don’t believe this was all just a blunder that resulted from a lack of information sharing.

We needed a pretext for a long war to feed the MIC. Cheney and Rumsfeld certainly weren’t above that kind of decision making and Bush Sr wouldn’t have given 2 fucks and Jr wouldn’t have been calling shots anyways. Powell could have been sold on it being for “the good” after the fact, and look at how he kind of separated himself from those people as time went on.

Wouldn’t be the first time folks in our gov’t did something like that.

3,000 people living on an island, huh? Must be there with 2Pac and Elvis, I bet the concerts kick ass.
I was kidding around with you. Those are the ridiculous theories I've heard. From the planes actually being cruise missiles to everyone that's dead living on an island somewhere. Its unreal the shit people believe. Jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams apparently.

I was kidding around with you. Those are the ridiculous theories I've heard. From the planes actually being cruise missiles to everyone that's dead living on an island somewhere. Its unreal the shit people believe. Jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams apparently.

Ah ok.

I know some people think what I responded to you with is ridiculous as well, but hey, I’m no groundhog expert.

For all you people bitching about equipment left behind.

Good luck flying these.

I know there are other brother/sisters in arms that are watching the Afgan situation and are angered and disgusted by what we are seeing. I've tried to tune in out but I just saw a pic of a Taliban fighter taking pics in an C-130 that was left behind and it's hard to describe the feeling.

I'm SO fucking angry right now!!!
So disappointed
So saddened
So frustrated

The culmination of the failures in our leaders is astounding. 20 Years lost, $2 Trillion+ wasted, 2,400 servicemen dead, who knows how many innocent civilians..... From Bush, to Obama, to Trump, and finally Biden. All fucked things up.

That said, this current fuck up is completely on Biden. The withdrawal was a complete failure. Biden owns every bit of it. I voted for him and I say that.

There's also the difficult realization that we lost. We lost the war in Afghanistan. You can't look at it any other way.
Brih, this bullshit had been going on WAY longer than Bush Jr.

I'm pretty sure Trump was the one who started this domino effect funny how some of yall fucks aren't pissed at him. So i think its funny that Trump touted, hooted, an hollered how the war was a waste of money(which it was tbf) started pulling troops out and then suddenly Biden's fault? Ya needed to be done way way better that i will agree with, but i do agree with leaving finally.
Also, wasn't it dubya and Cheney who invaded then decided we should should invade Iraq for reasons that make no sense? Honestly I'm tired of American's dying for people who after 20 years couldn't hold they're country together. I'm tired of our shit ass government getting involved with stupid ass middle eastern country's who i'd hardly call our allies...

Back