Competition , how do you prepare?

so 1 big and 2 small comp and you are sober for 6 months of the year?

Yeah sucks huh! Which is why hit it pretty hard when I can.

I don't cut weight and I train 4-5 times a week any way so I just try to work on things I have problems with, also my last competition I drank pretty much every weekend leading up, I wouldn't drink the night before but unless your cutting weight I don't see drinking affecting you that much.

We drink pretty crazy and hard. I guess it may not affect you too much, but just saying to help w/ cardio. I am always lazy etc the day after I drink.

I just train as much as possible, ussualy 4 days a week. Then when I compete I stick to a very simple game plan that consists of moves I am good at...

for local competitions I just show up, no extra prep at all usually. I get 7 or 8 training sessions in a week and eat healthy most of the time so I am always prepared. It feels great to be able to go into a competition confident on a weeks notice or less. For big competitions I go to the same number of classes and keep my diet even cleaner than usual and I do some extra curricular conditioning 3 times a week, leading up to big competitions we up the intensity in class a lot as well.

Back