Coming off 2 losses and fight for title???

yekmurat

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Yoel is 0-2 and fighting for title is this 1st time in UFC???

I think Holly did that as well, but I could be wrong.

Edited.

Yeah, I just checked. She lost her belt to Tate, and then lost to Valentina. Then fought GDR for the FW belt.

Cheesus christ this thread again? lol. Get over it, either watch it or don't fuck stop complaining. This is the WME era y'all should be use to it by now.....

4fcxRsX.gif

Aldo too. there's been countless threads about this

The Aldo situation is worse because Yoel is in effect just stepping in for the #1 contender who is injured.

It was a title eliminator fight with Costa. Costa won, but he's injured, so Israel needs an opponent... so.... what do you want? No fight?

Yoel never really got destroyed in those losses and it could be argued that he should have won them. Before you flip your social justice warrior hair, this is only from observation of other opinions.

We are talking about Yoel fookin Romero mate.

As others have said Yoel is coming off a controversial loss in which many people thought he beat Costa (myself included), with Costa injured it makes sense to give that shot to Yoel. Oh and also it's YOEL FRICKIN' ROMERO!!!

Some fighters seem to have a title shot deal in their UFC contact.

Romero, Edgar, and probably a few others i forget.

1. Either one of those losses could've gone the other way. We wouldn't be having this conversation if just one of them had.
2. Izzy asked for the guy. Just like Cejudo, Dana has a full on erection for Adesanya.
3. The only reason he's going now is because Costa is out until the summer and there's nobody else who's obvious.

What a very original thread. Haven't seen this before.

They have no faith in any other legit fighter selling the card.

AND YOU GUYS BITCH ABOUT CONOR GETTING JUSTIFIED TITLE SHOTS

<Y2JSmirk>

you morons disgust me

<DisgustingHHH>

Edgar also received a title shot coming of two loses at lightweight, the first time he fought for the featherweight title

Back