Comeback Mitt Session

Haven't we talked about you being too arrogant already. You are young and could end being really good, but you aren't there yet. You ask for feedback and just brush off anything anyone says to you.

I don't get why you are so cocky. I watched those videos of you sparring and the friendly fight. If you are so good at being on the inside then why were you on your heels the entire time? Until you post a current sparring video, as far as i'm concerned, you are the tough guy when it comes to bag work and mitts but you crumble when it comes to someone being able to hit back.

You should get out after you throw your combos because if your only movement is side to side, you are incredibly easy to counter/ defend against.

Awful lot of assumptive finger-wagging going on in here.

Looks decent for a beginner.

Won't get sucked into the whole arrogance debate. I'll just comment on the vid.

1. Relax. I see this a lot on vids in here : shoulders tense muscles contracted. Leads to gassing quicker. You can here your heavy breathing in the vid.

2. Tighten up those uppers. Looks like your winding them up real low. That microsecond that you wind up the punch is all it takes to eat a straight shot and end a fight.

3. You seem to be very off balance throughout the session. Need more footwork work.

4. When rolling/weaving I was taught to keep the hands closer together to cover the front of the face. At the end when your weaving low your guard is pretty open and a good upper will sneak between the gloves and combined with your bad footwork/balance put you down

from what I can tell, you're not engaging your hips into your punches or rotating through your core. when I was watching your feet (chucks for boxing wins you points with me, btw) I couldn't tell when you were punching and when you were moving.

granted, I come from a dutch kickboxing background so there might be some secret western boxing monkey style kung fu reasoning, but I'm used to twisting my foot like I'm putting out a cigarette with punches to help generate power. arm punches have a place to give my opponent a false sense of my range, but that's about it.

I request a sparring video against someone competent.

Awful lot of assumptive finger-wagging going on in here.

I think anyone would get backlash from saying they have never been countered on the inside, therefore think it's not possible.

To the TS though: my 2 cents is to pull your fist back farther between your first and second jabs in your double jab. If you don't want to get out of the pocket, you can angle off and use some diff angles too without getting out.

Thats not what he actually said.

I punch and weave, never been countered in the inside before, to be honest,only a fool would try to counter an infighter inside o_O i wish someone would throw an upper or hook when im in the inside so III could counter them.

True. But in the inside, i am constantly hitting WHILE weaving, punch weave, punch weave, punch weave, its a pattern but i know how can i be countered with that pattern and if i know what punch is coming, i can also counter it. right?

He did sorts of said that, tbh.

No, he didnt. I'm not sure why but you guys seem particularly touchy about this to the degree that your brains are going somewhere they dont need to.

What he's saying is that why go back out when he did most of his work to get in? You know who asked me that same question once about 3 years ago? Mike McCallum. So you guys say: "yeah but you can get countered"...and his reply is that if he KNOWS he's applying a pattern (which guys like Tyson, Torres, and Patterson actually did) then cant he anticipate counters, and counter the counters? That's the basic philosophy of every good pressure fighter who wants to grind it out on the inside.

There seems to be a growing trend around here of wanting to knock people down a peg. Its not as if he doesnt have a coach, or isnt working towards a goal. Cockiness? Arrogance? Every fighter who was ever worth a shit had an ego, self-belief even when it seemed unreasonable. Floyd Jr. once said if you DON'T believe youre the best, you should never get in a ring. If he's to get his comuppance, we should remember two things: 1) nothing can prevent it, its bound to happen and 2) it aint gonna come from the internet.

I think it is become an issue with how he presented himself vs the footages he posted.

It is one thing to have an ego AND being able to back it up like Floyd. The guy spent hours in the gym perfecting his craft and always bring it whenver he steps in the ring. Nobody is going to question his ego because he always fight at 100% and back it up against competent boxers to prove that he is the best there is. His videos and his fights spoke for him.

But it is another thing to have an ego and haven't been able to back it up. Our guy often like to make lofty claims that often became borderline hilarious, which to me showed his rather unawareness of his own abilities and his sparring partners'. Like how his cross is very good, it is foolish to counter an inside fighter, his rear hook is awesome to the rate where when his footworks are fixed he will be able to rule a national division with it and his brother have a shin that can bend steel.

As for his infighting claims, while yes, it is the basic philosophy of anyone who like to fight inside. But have he prove his infighting skills with competent people to the level of being able to counter the counters consistently, and not possible to getting counter himself yet? Theory and philosophy is only good when it is proven to be able to work in live sparring against competent opponent. So far, there's no footage showed his infighting skills to back up his claims.

I don't think anybody here is shitting on him because he doesn't have a coach and doesn't have a goal, because he clearly said that he trained for 2 years and is a coach and a goal. But to me, his lofty claims and inabilities to prove his claims otherwise is why people are knocking him down like that.

I must have put my brain in wrong place again for this...but whatever.

He never once insinuated it was "not possible" to be countered. Youre adding that in yourself. And Im not really seeing any "lofty claims." I think you have put your brain in the wrong place, and it might be because he kind of mirrors yourself, only you yourself are often in his threads taking positions others have taken towards you.

He said he's not been harshly countered yet on the inside. If the contention to that is "well you havent sparred someone competent yet" then I find that interesting. For one, he's already said his coach kicked his ass. That must have been someone competent, or you're calling the coach incompetent. We've also learned that he'd recently had a sparring session where he was timed and rendered ineffective, but from my recollection that happened mostly at range (which is also likely with the coach given his height). So despite sparring competent people, perhaps its not unreasonable or lofty that he has yet to come across someone who can stay in the pocket and grind him up. Especially being that all he's going on right now is his physical strength and fitness. Have YOU ever sparred anyone like that? Someone who is fit, athletic, and comes forward no matter what you do? If memory serves me you have, and didnt have an easy time. Guys like that, even when sloppy, are a pain in the ass to be in there against.

A lot of the stuff you brought up is stuff thats already been discussed. I addressed his cross, and hook, and balance/footwork issue. So why bring it up again in another thread? Just because he believes that if he does the right thing he'll do well? Shall we go over your hand positioning again? Keep everything in perspective, even if HE doesnt. Rule a national division...ask yourself how difficult that is in Egypt. Ruling an international division will be the true task, but Id much rather train a guy who honestly believes he can do it, even if it seems "lofty."

I do agree comparing him to Tyson or Mayweather is absurd, but no more absurd than someone comparing what they do to...oh, Joe Louis, or Charley Burley. All things in perspective.

Fair enough. I just have a different perspective on him so i guess I will leave it at that.
I will just put myself on ignore now. It is his stuffs anyway and there's no reason for me to say anything else further.

Well I agree we shouldnt knock ourselves down like that, were all here to better ourselves as fighters and polish our technique

What got me was, only a fool would counter an inside fighter. Now that doesnt make any sense, anyways I see how some of his claims can seem funny to some ppl but its good to have goals and in egypt it may even be possible

Now Wheres that holiday spirit??? Lol

Back