Combat Sports? NEVER AGAIN

Combat Sports has some SERIOUS issues with backorders and such. Some items will tell you they are backordered AFTER they are added to the cart (unlike most stores that will have the stock on the item's page), some items that are backordered won't appear as backordered until you get your invoice. Also, their tracking system is terrible. When you go to your order status page there is a link to track, except that this link doesn't tell you the tracking number... it comes up with it's own tracking page. It can be 2-3 DAYS before you get an email saying the items have shipped and a tracking number even though it's trackable on their page. They also don't do a good job of updating you on item status. I have a pair of wraps that were supposed to ship two weeks ago and they still haven't come...

They also don't respond to emails.

With all this said I wouldn't hesitate to order from them in the future simply because of the ability to chat with a sales representative online. They are quick and friendly, and I've always had my questions and concerns dealt with quickly.

I think a lot of MMA sites need to do a better job of updating their inventory status. I ordered an Adidas Rio Contest gi from a site recently, for a price I was quite satisfied with, only to receive an e-mail two days later that it would be on backorder till late March. It creates a lose-lose situation for both retailer and customer.

There is no excuse to not have live inventory... it's very simple to implement and will save a lot of money/strife in the long run.

seeing how they don't respond to emails, it's kinda hard to confirm if they actually have a certain instock or not. >_<

It's a damn shame reading this about them when their parent company, Ringside, seems to have such better customer service. I would just keep sending them complaints and if you can get John Brown's email I would send him complaints too.

I've a suspicion that perhaps the demand for combat sports gear has outgrown a lot of companies' capacity to deal with, both in terms of stocking and attentive customer service.

being that CSI offers products from so many third parties leads me to wonder if they don't get tied up w/ these vendors being lax on the inventory supply info. follow me?

I know this thread is old, but I figure there is no point starting the same thread over again.

I just had the exact same thing happen to me. I ordered two pairs of shorts. Shipping was $14.00. Totally BS, but I didn't mind since I was ordering two pairs of shorts and they were on sale.

Order goes through fine, and then one of them is on backorder. I made the purchase on August 4th and they said that the shorts are on back order until October. When I asked why they didn't say that the shorts were not in stock when I ordered them, I was told it was because they had other shorts (for far more money) that were in stock.

Their solution was for me to buy the other pair of shorts for $40 extra. Which I assume is just the same shorts but not on sale because I can't even find them on their site.

You necroed an almost 6 year old thread?

Yea, I mentioned that in my post.

Would you prefer that I started the exact same post but it had a fresher original date? It's clearly something they have had an issue with in the past and I had the same issue today.

At least it's still relevant!Someone the other day did that and told the T/S that they needed to wear wraps.After 5 years I hope they would have worked it out..

And nice use of search function btw,it's annoying when people don't use it when it works and post something about the 15th time...and yes,I am a grumpy old fucker tonight.

I know this thread is old, but I figure there is no point starting the same thread over again.

I just had the exact same thing happen to me. I ordered two pairs of shorts. Shipping was $14.00. Totally BS, but I didn't mind since I was ordering two pairs of shorts and they were on sale.

Order goes through fine, and then one of them is on backorder. I made the purchase on August 4th and they said that the shorts are on back order until October. When I asked why they didn't say that the shorts were not in stock when I ordered them, I was told it was because they had other shorts (for far more money) that were in stock.

Their solution was for me to buy the other pair of shorts for $40 extra. Which I assume is just the same shorts but not on sale because I can't even find them on their site.

Anyone that does business with combat sports is taking a bad risk, after all these years they still havent got their act together.

And, cue the CSI shills and employees...

I've only recently ordered from CSI and couldn't be happier.

Also, I think the Combat Sports/Ringside question thread is probably more constructive for G&E posters to give feedback in or have questions answered. A lot of people have had their questions answered there (myself included).

The link is here: All Ringside/Combat Sports Gear Questions Post Here

30986447.jpg

I want to like CSI but their shipping is mind blowing.

And, cue the CSI shills and employees...

And here I am right on cue... Thanks for the lead in MMAhistorian. Fact of the matter is that we honestly care about our customers and want to help out when we can. I will never say that we're perfect but we like to try and fix it when we screw up. That's the whole reason we post on here.
To ISWThunder. Drop me a line and I will see what I can do to fix this issue for you.

Thanks guys,
Justin
913-689-2300 Ext 869
[email protected]

Back