• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Combat Sports Deal of the Day It's Back!!!

I had to stop my wife and talk her out of contacting the better business bureau :D

i'm having a bad feeling that they won't honor the price on the grant gloves

I had multiple problems with CSI also!!! Three days to process and order. Unanswered emails to customer service. Substitution of advertised shorts without permission. Stuff that is supposed to be instock is not. Website prices are supposed to be accurate, but never seem to be accurate. It seems like they are trying to backdoor people with charges. Also, anyone that sold something on ebay know how much of a ripoff their shipping costs are, especially to Canada.

I had multiple problems with CSI also!!! Three days to process and order. Unanswered emails to customer service. Substitution of advertised shorts without permission. Stuff that is supposed to be instock is not. Website prices are supposed to be accurate, but never seem to be accurate. It seems like they are trying to backdoor people with charges. Also, anyone that sold something on ebay know how much of a ripoff their shipping costs are, especially to Canada.

Curiously, how much are the shipping charges to Canada?

they do end to be slow in replying to emails, that's why i send them several emails :D

I guess online sites don't have to abide by the law where if you advertise something for a certain price, you have to give it to them for that much?

I do want to add that I have had some problems with their customer service in the past, not a lot but a couple things. However, outside of the their customer service I have never had a problem with combat sports. I have always had my items shipped right away and never got anything I wasn't supposed to or go shorted something I should of got. Just lately with their pricing problems, i have had a rough time with them. I understand an occasional error in pricing but it has been several times for me in the last couple weeks, something is very wrong there.

I agree. Does anyone know if online sites are legally allowed to change prices like that? Because I know stores aren't allowed to charge you full price if it's mislabeled.

Somebody skim this....it's the Uniform Commerical Code article relating to sales...I took a business law class like 3 semesters ago and I'm pretty sure once there's been a valid offer containing a good/service with price per quantity, usually an "order confirmation" (the e-mails we get...which are considered in writing)...and an acceptance...AND a charge on our credit cards/paypal (which constitutes a sale)...then they're obligated...don't quote me on all that, though...b/c like I said, I took that class like 3 semesters ago and I got a B in it...

http://www.law.cornell.edu/ucc/2/overview.html#PART 3

I've always had problems with ringside, csi, and title being out of shit or price changes except Ringside stuck to it since I was the only one to find they're typo.

I've only purchased from CSI once. I buy from Title a few times a year, even custom stuff and haven't had any problems.

:eek:

Dude...YOu told your WIFE????

Yeah she works in customer service and I thought it would be funny conversation for lunch. She didn't think it was funny thought it was bad customer service and not legal.

Somebody skim this....it's the Uniform Commerical Code article relating to sales...I took a business law class like 3 semesters ago and I'm pretty sure once there's been a valid offer containing a good/service with price per quantity, usually an "order confirmation" (the e-mails we get...which are considered in writing)...and an acceptance...AND a charge on our credit cards/paypal (which constitutes a sale)...then they're obligated...don't quote me on all that, though...b/c like I said, I took that class like 3 semesters ago and I got a B in it...

http://www.law.cornell.edu/ucc/2/overview.html#PART 3

You are correct. A contract is an instrument that contains an offer, an acceptance and consideration.

If A advertises a product at a certain price and B buys the product because he relied on the price, A cannot raise the price unknowingly on B after B has purchased the product in reliance on the price quoted by A.

A can however at any time withdraw the price as long as B did not act in reliance on the offer.

Example: Valid Contract: B see's an ad that A is selling gloves for 10 dollars. B goes to the website, confirms the price, and purchases the gloves. A cannot raise the price of the gloves and charge B the newer higher price. This is a valid contract containing an offer, acceptance and consideration.

I contacted the Better Business Bureau about this matter and I'm waiting for them to respond back. After reading these last few posts I believe that we should have some protection as consumers.

Thank god for my accounting background!

W00T!

Just got these today! The foam feels a lot thicker and firmer than the pride-style thunder fight gear gloves, should be good hand protection. The synthetic leather does not look or feel cheap, and seems fairly thick. Little worried about some of the finger seams, could potentially irritate my fingers when making a fist. First impressions seem OK so far, may well try them out tonight on a load of pads and whatnot, could be good, and probably post up pics and a review later. Fairly happy with $15 gloves...

W00T!

Just got these today! The foam feels a lot thicker and firmer than the pride-style thunder fight gear gloves, should be good hand protection. The synthetic leather does not look or feel cheap, and seems fairly thick. Little worried about some of the finger seams, could potentially irritate my fingers when making a fist. First impressions seem OK so far, may well try them out tonight on a load of pads and whatnot, could be good, and probably post up pics and a review later. Fairly happy with $15 gloves...

post pics!!!!!!!!!!

My grant gloves were canceled.

What was this Grant deal you speak of?...

And what the hell is this?! ANOTHER posted price (offer), which received confirmation (acceptance)...which was also charged on a CC...and the offer was cancelled...?

This shit's getting out of hand...

They must have a disgruntled employee or something who's having a great time messing around with their sales/customer service department....or HORRIBLE internal controls as to who gets to determine and post sale prices...

What was this Grant deal you speak of?...

And what the hell is this?! ANOTHER posted price (offer), which received confirmation (acceptance)...which was also charged on a CC...and the offer was cancelled...?

This shit's getting out of hand...

They must have a disgruntled employee or something who's having a great time messing around with their sales/customer service department....or HORRIBLE internal controls as to who gets to determine and post sale prices...

As long as I get my shorts I don't care. Those were charged to my credit card at the time I placed the order.

If you get your shorts than thats more fire we can add because everyone elses were cancelled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back