Media Colby: "If anything happens in the next 12 hours I'm ready to fight"

So why didnt colby sign the fights then?.. why isnt colby fighting period? ..if hes so good he should be staying active ...

I never said how good or not good Colby was. I never spoke of Colby abilities at all in my post. I said it was the fight that made sense. Colby vs Jorge makes perfect sense stylistically. It was a fight that the UFC could market quiet easily and one that the general fan base was clamoring for.

Colby vs Usman makes more sense then this current fight as well simply because they put on a fight of the year type performance the first time they were paired up. The fight was competitive to the end with the outcome up in the air until the end. The Masvidal vs Usman fight was never in question.

I’ve spoken before how Colby remaining inactive isn’t good. It’s not good for any fighter period for a variety of reasons. Regardless though that doesn’t change the fact that Colby against either one of these two made more sense and would be interesting then this current fight.

Again, people really need to stop being so emotional on this site regarding the fighters.

Imagine thinking Colby is anything but a poor copy of McTapper and thinking 'He is a good guy'. He is there because shit happens and he could get a title shot, but also to promote his crappy brand.

Let's Usman beat him up again and send him to bellator.

I never said how good or not good Colby was. I never spoke of Colby abilities at all in my post. I said it was the fight that made sense. Colby vs Jorge makes perfect sense stylistically. It was a fight that the UFC could market quiet easily and one that the general fan base was clamoring for.

Colby vs Usman makes more sense then this current fight as well simply because they put on a fight of the year type performance the first time they were paired up. The fight was competitive to the end with the outcome up in the air until the end. The Masvidal vs Usman fight was never in question.

I’ve spoken before how Colby remaining inactive isn’t good. It’s not good for any fighter period for a variety of reasons. Regardless though that doesn’t change the fact that Colby against either one of these two made more sense and would be interesting then this current fight.

Again, people really need to stop being so emotional on this site regarding the fighters.

Nothing emotional about it..

Masvidal went the distance with the champion on like 6days notice...

He chirped him about ...the champion wants to save face or protect his legacy by giving him a full camp and beating him again so theres no excuses and nothing hanging over his legacy...
Cuz you know people will be like...oh man he didnt even really fight masvidal it was 6day notice wasn't a real fight dude is scared of real challenges... So he took the fight to smash him and too make sure everyone knows who's champ...now will it work...i dunno i like usmans chances but masvidal has shown up in big moments before..

So its not emotional... It just a natural progression from the last night...

Which colby had every opportunity to interject himself then about wanting to fight... We didnt hear much from him

those guys are douches and jones hasn't had a good fight to watch since gus 1. he stopped destroying fools before that and is a boring decision machine now

colby is just an obnoxious POS no punching power. generic wrestle boxer... yawn.

Colby's cardio is insane.
If he'd focused more on his stand up and stayed at a top level gym, he could've been great.

Instead, he'll go down as someone who goaded people into fighting stupidly and never could beat a top 5 fighter who was actually under 35 years of age.
Damn shame

I mean, how many of you still hate Colby here? He improved his image alot in past weeks
And that makes up for a few years of doing everything to appeal to the worst of society?

Naw.

Colby will be champ after his next fight.

Nothing emotional about it..

Masvidal went the distance with the champion on like 6days notice...

He chirped him about ...the champion wants to save face or protect his legacy by giving him a full camp and beating him again so theres no excuses and nothing hanging over his legacy...
Cuz you know people will be like...oh man he didnt even really fight masvidal it was 6day notice wasn't a real fight dude is scared of real challenges... So he took the fight to smash him and too make sure everyone knows who's champ...now will it work...i dunno i like usmans chances but masvidal has shown up in big moments before..

So its not emotional... It just a natural progression from the last night...

Which colby had every opportunity to interject himself then about wanting to fight... We didnt hear much from him

Didn’t hear much? Colby literally begged in every single interview for the Usman or Masvidal fight. I mean, non stop every chance he got he was asking for either one of the fights. I’m not sure how you can say you didn’t hear much from him. There wasn’t a single interview where Colby didn’t mentioned wanting those fights.

Now if you are saying Colby should have taken a different fight in the meantime....then that’s a different argument all together. I completely agree. The sport is always better when fighters are active, especially popular ones like Colby,

And also , Usman is taking this fight because of the pay day. It’s the biggest reward lowest risk option out there. I don’t blame him at all for taking the fight. It’s the reason why every one calls out Nate Diaz.

Feels like two separate and distinct Colby threads have been merged into one here... mods pretty merge-happy recently

In a perfect world, Colby would be the one fighting in this event. It was always the obvious choice. Members on this site get way too emotional about these things and let their personal feelings about Colby affect it.

Colby vs Masvidal
Colby vs Usman

Those were the two fights to make...without question.

Nah, Colby got his jaw broken and TKOd in his last fight with the champ. In a non-pandemic world, he'd have had to get at least 2 wins; or at *a bare minimum* 1 definitive win off a surging contender.

Beating a guy who got dominated for 50 minutes in a row wouldn't normally do it.

Last edited:
Didn’t hear much? Colby literally begged in every single interview for the Usman or Masvidal fight. I mean, non stop every chance he got he was asking for either one of the fights. I’m not sure how you can say you didn’t hear much from him. There wasn’t a single interview where Colby didn’t mentioned wanting those fights.

Now if you are saying Colby should have taken a different fight in the meantime....then that’s a different argument all together. I completely agree. The sport is always better when fighters are active, especially popular ones like Colby,

And also , Usman is taking this fight because of the pay day. It’s the biggest reward lowest risk option out there. I don’t blame him at all for taking the fight. It’s the reason why every one calls out Nate Diaz.

So true, everyone calls out Nate Diaz.

He already beat colby..broke his jaw and stopped him...

Facing colby isnt much of a risk for him either...and would do similar numbers to masvidal...

Colby barks alot...but does he bite? I dunno ...i find it hard to believe neither guy didnt accept a fight against him... especially considering usman stopped him the las lt time... and colbys last win was an injury win against woodley who unfortunately hasnt won in 4 fights...thats not #1 contender level stuff..

Im confident they will fight again...but if i was colby id be fighting to keep.myself relevant..

This is a good thing I think. It’s good to have a backup plan just in case we all know it’s not that uncommon.

He already beat colby..broke his jaw and stopped him...

Facing colby isnt much of a risk for him either...and would do similar numbers to masvidal...

Colby barks alot...but does he bite? I dunno ...i find it hard to believe neither guy didnt accept a fight against him... especially considering usman stopped him the las lt time... and colbys last win was an injury win against woodley who unfortunately hasnt won in 4 fights...thats not #1 contender level stuff..

Im confident they will fight again...but if i was colby id be fighting to keep.myself relevant..

From a stylistic and competitive point of view, Colby was the one person to have an interesting fight with Usman. That’s why it should have been run back. How anyone can say the Masvidal vs Usman deserves to be run back more then Colby is beyond me. Makes absolute no sense whatsoever.

Should Colby have remained active.? Of course. I’ve already repeated that time and time again.

However in your original post you stated that Colby hasn’t said anything about wanting these fights....and he absolute has multiple times. Financially it just makes more sense to fight Masvidal. Lower Risk, high reward. For Masvidal, this fight gives him a chance at the belt and a loss here doesn’t hurt as much as one to Colby does.

Masvidal has to maximize his opportunities at this stage Of his career. So choosing the title shot makes sense.

From a competitive and fan interest point of view though, it should still be Colby against either one of them.

Good PR stunt, chances slim but Colby found a way to get himself noticed a little bit, helps with his future bids.

- He is in Jacksonville
- Ready to Weigh-In
- Talks about Ms Masvidal (which seems a little weird and not sure what to think about that)
- Jorge is like the Jacksonville Jaguars of the UFC <45>
- Title fight next no matter against which opponent

Worst cliffs ever :)

You left out the most important part about Mrs Masvidal.

So Colby says that the chick on that photo is legally Jorge's wife. She's the mother of his kids. And that the chick that turns up on Google search when you google Masvidal wife, Kawa's sister, isn't Jorge's wife or longtime partner.

When he's asked about the nature of their relationship he kinds tries to insert some "reasonable doubt" about him banging her and whatnot but it doesn't really work. So there's nothing there, just a pic. Masvidal's wife is probably just trying to piss off Jorge over money or some shit but they're probably not doing anything.

Mystery solved.

Oh and Colby has a police officer in his corner :D So there won't be any calling the police if he gets in trouble with Jorge cause he already called the police beforehand :D

Last edited:
Masvidal wouldn’t accept that fight on short notice.
He should though. Usman is a high output wrestler and Colby is a high output wrestler. If Jorge is a good fighter he should be able to handle fighting anybody without a 3 month training camp.

- He is in Jacksonville
- Ready to Weigh-In
- Talks about Ms Masvidal (which seems a little weird and not sure what to think about that)
- Jorge is like the Jacksonville Jaguars of the UFC <45>
- Title fight next no matter against which opponent

I don't have a problem with Colby but that fake smile always irks me.

Back