Coker wants to co-promote a superfight with Lima and Usman

These guys are trying to use the UFC to promote their fighters. LOL

If Lima was that good, then he would be fighting in the UFC. MMA is a sport where an athlete can truly say "I am betting on my myself," and go all out.

If you are fighter with a little clout like Lima and MVP, and you are not fighting in the best organization, then it has to be partly because you don't believe that much in yourself.

losing to rory within the last two years is disgraceful. no top welterweight would do that.

who has lima knocked out recently cept for mvp? usman and ufc welters would maul lima and show that he is just a b grade fighter. who performs well against c grade fighters and washed up ufc rejects.
<DisgustingHHH>

Are there any UFC fighters Dana has a Chuck-like relationship where he'd loan them out to another org?

Bellator is already such a far away 2nd place, so even if a Bellator fighter wrecks a UFC fighter, that won't make viewers leave UFC to watch Bellator.

By kill you mean lay on him for 25 minutes?
absolutely breakdown, shut down and dismantle like he did to woodley, or absolutely destroy like he did colby.

lima aint on usmans level.

losing to rory within the last two years is disgraceful. no top welterweight would do that.

who has lima knocked out recently cept for mvp? usman and ufc welters would maul lima and show that he is just a b grade fighter. who performs well against c grade fighters and washed up ufc rejects.

I mean he lost but it was more a case of him conceding rounds and willingly engaging grappling with Rory in the last round when Rory could barely walk. He showed improvements in the rematch and proved he was the better fighter. His grappling has come a long way, maybe not enough to beat a guy like Usman but who knows.

Lima's biggest issue is his passiveness and questionable fight IQ sometimes. Calling him a B level fighter is bullshit though, Id take him over the #1 contender Masvidal any day.

Yes. Just like how Masvidal improved his submission defense after getting choked out by BW Toby Imada in Bellator
View attachment 727169

Not that I really give a shit but when did Toby fight at 135? I only seen him try to fight under 155 once and missed weight for 146...he's also fought multiple times at 170, 185 and 205. Not saying he hasn't, but I would like to see proof, or is it just something you heard on Sherdog? Or something you're making up?

Lima got beat by Askren wrestling; Usman would do the same and Colby as well

This was 8 years ago, he got outwrestled by Koreshkov too then they rematched.. and Koreshkov got starched. Fighters can improve, fascinating I know.

I mean he lost but it was more a case of him conceding rounds and willingly engaging grappling with Rory in the last round when Rory could barely walk. He showed improvements in the rematch and proved he was the better fighter. His grappling has come a long way, maybe not enough to beat a guy like Usman but who knows.

Lima's biggest issue is his passiveness and questionable fight IQ sometimes. Calling him a B level fighter is bullshit though, Id take him over the #1 contender Masvidal any day.
i really doubt lima beats mas currently. he would get starched.

sometimes its better to flourish against lower comp then try to jump up and get proven why you dont belong there. happened with askren.

>Location: Australia

I should’ve looked at location before I bothered replying to your $h*tpost...

1486725850208.png

Lima got beat by Askren wrestling; Usman would do the same and Colby as well

This is the equivalent of saying Lima would choke Usman out like some random dude did a few years ago... are you guys really this stupid?

20130528115635_827Q9049.JPG

why would UFC ever consider co promote? the whole idea is absurd. why would UFC help out their competition? UFC gains absolute nothing from it. UFC would just sign Lima when he's contract is up

Dana White still owes a loaner to SEG for when they sent Royce Gracie to the UFC to face Matt Hughes.

If he hadn't gotten burned 2 times...
Once by PRIDE having Wanderlei showing up to hype a chuck fight that didn't manifest, and the 2nd time was when the purchase of PRIDE amounted to a big film library and the 6 fighters that did come to Zuffa, Dana has every reason to shit on the idea of cross promotion.

Usman Lima would be insane, but Dana does this for legacy now.

Back