Cody weighed the same as DJ on fight night

When did they weigh in?
Were they completely rehydrated when they weighed in?
Cody seems like he might have had a botched weight cut, he came in very light
He doesn't look like he cuts a lot. If you watch the first fight he looks pretty much the same. TJ is a bit shorter but looks a helluva lot more filled out compared to Cody. Cody could probably make 125 from the look of things.

Not sure if I agree with "Cody is a fucking stick" especially relative to TJ. You also refer to TJ as "pretty jacked". I mean he's shredded but he doesn't really have bulky muscle mass. You seem to be exaggerating a bit on both accounts.

235_Cody_Garbrandt_and_TJ_Dillashaw.jpg

But my point is just that weight can be a little deceptive or this information is a little deceptive. For example Henry is clearly bigger than MM. His arms, back, and legs look bigger plus he's taller but somehow weighed less than MM.
You are not taking into account bone density or how big someone’s lower body is. Just because someone looks bigger doesn’t mean they are

There was flyweights that put on 20lbs so it’s not that crazy for a guy that weighed in 60lbs heavier to put on 5 more lbs.

Yeah I get that it happens in every weight class, I just don't like it. It reminds me of High School wrestling but much more extreme.

They should do this more often. Very interesting seeing how much guys actually weigh.

TJ weighed more but Cody looks like the bigger guy.

Henry actually weighed a lb less than MM. Wow.
It's a CSAC rule, that's why they do it. Fighters can't weight over 10% of contracted fight weight, or they can be recommended to fight at the higher weight class, and in some cases even fined. Rarely is it endorsed, but being that other Commissions are looking into adopting the 10% rule by the end of the yr, the penalties may begin to be enforced come 2019.

Yeah I get that it happens in every weight class, I just don't like it. It reminds me of High School wrestling but much more extreme.
For sure. I’m just saying it’s not that extreme for a guy that big to put on 25. It’s actuslly a lot crazier for guys weighing 125 to put on 20lbs. I don’t think most people know how weight cutting works tho. It’s not all water weight the day of. I woke up on Thursday morning at 152. I got in the sauna, dropped to 145.6 and then on Friday before I went to the venue weighed 164 and I only cut 7lbs of water the day of the weigh in.

Back