Cody was winning before the stoppage

He was possibly winning until he got decisively beaten? I'm sure that's a great consolation to him.

mean, its true, but so what LOL? Im a huge Cody fan but for whatever reason he's just tooooooooo emotional for this fight. As soon as TJ hits him he freaks out and its like 'LETS BANG!!!111!!' and he just isnt going to win like that.

He was possibly winning until he got decisively beaten? I'm sure that's a great consolation to him.

I doubt it matters at this point. In the first fight he couldn't keep it together for two rounds; this time he couldn't keep it together for one full round. It seems likely that he just can't put together a coherent game plan and fight smart against Killashaw; his adolescent grudges bring out his inner Neanderthal and he falls apart. At this point he's also shown it's possible he was from the beginning a UFC gatekeeper at best who happened to have had one night where he rose to occasion and functioned effectively at the best possible time.

He's clearly going to need to work his way up from a way lower rung from here on in. He needs a BW or maybe a FLyW outside the top 5 with no KO power. Sending him to Lineker or Moraes would be likely to send him ona downward spiral he won't be able to get out of. And he needs to seriously reconsider his training camps. The Alpha Males and their uncoordinated, frat brotherhood style and training may have worked at one point, though never enough to keep them from coming up short in title fights, but it clearly doesn't anymore. At this point it's clear Killashaw's fight iq was high enough that he saw a long time ago that there was a ceiling he was never gonna break training with that group.
INNER neanderthal?

I doubt it matters at this point. In the first fight he couldn't keep it together for two rounds; this time he couldn't keep it together for one full round. It seems likely that he just can't put together a coherent game plan and fight smart against Killashaw; his adolescent grudges bring out his inner Neanderthal and he falls apart. At this point he's also shown it's possible he was from the beginning a UFC gatekeeper at best who happened to have had one night where he rose to occasion and functioned effectively at the best possible time.

He's clearly going to need to work his way up from a way lower rung from here on in. He needs a BW or maybe a FLyW outside the top 5 with no KO power. Sending him to Lineker or Moraes would be likely to send him ona downward spiral he won't be able to get out of. And he needs to seriously reconsider his training camps. The Alpha Males and their uncoordinated, frat brotherhood style and training may have worked at one point, though never enough to keep them from coming up short in title fights, but it clearly doesn't anymore. At this point it's clear Killashaw's fight iq was high enough that he saw a long time ago that there was a ceiling he was never gonna break training with that group.
INNER neanderthal?

Aldo beat Conor for 12 seconds.

Aldo > Conor

He was landing the faster, crisper shots and with more power than Dillashaw..

I think he would have gone on to win the round.
I think you're right in that assessment. Without reading the comments, I suppose there's enough room for people to argue for dillashaw to have been winning. But the fact of the matter is that in both fights cody abandoned his game plan and got wild. I see cody as somebody with a lot of potential, but until he controls his emotion he's going to let himself down.

don't think many of Cody's punches were nearly as crisp, fast or powerful as the ones TJ landed to knock him out

don't think many of Cody's punches were nearly as crisp, fast or powerful as the ones TJ landed to knock him out

TJ was never rocked lol.

Cody got completely dismantled. He traded punch for punch and got beaten to the punch over and over because TJ is faster and has better placement and timing.
Tj looked faster and hands wayyy tighter. Cody looked slow and tense. Very weird

I wanted Cody to win, but it doesn't matter if he was or not. Simple fact is he got KTFO.

I wanted Cody to win, but it doesn't matter if he was or not. Simple fact is he got KTFO.

Just before the first knockdown TJ hit Cody with the same right hook 3 times and floored him with the last one. Cody is nowhere near as technical as people say he is, if the fight had gone on any longer it was inevitable he was going to lose.

I will bet you all of the times. Come to me first.

Jon Jones was driving before he hit a car and was running from a pregnant lady.

If that was a street fight, Cody would have still lost.

I was surprised how badly TJ outclassed him. I think Cody is better than we saw last night, but if you can’t bring your A game to a title fight then you need to step aside for those who can. His issues are in his head, which can be harder to overcome than physical ones.

Yeah I agree, they should fight for a 3rd time!

Actually they should just fight until Cody wins!

Great idea, right guys?!

So he was winning right up until he lost.

Cool. Solid breakdown.

Yeah I agree, they should fight for a 3rd time!

Actually they should just fight until Cody wins!

Great idea, right guys?!

Wow, can you imagine what would happen to Nowin's head if he keeps getting KO'd again and again by the guy he is holding a childish grudge over?!?

He'll probably turn feminine.

Back