Cody was winning before the stoppage

I mean, it really doesn't matter. Cody isn't disciplined. He has amazing skills, but he leaves himself too open against TJ. He got hit with that right hook three times. You'd think after the first or second, he'd develop a strategy against it. Nope.

Cody was too focussed on trying to finish. I mean it's good to have killer instinct, but it's not always wise to through caution to the wind when the opponent still has his wits about him. Maybe Cody miss read TJ or TJ knows Cody leaves himself exposed when head hunting. In either event, the same outcome happened. In the cage, between the two, TJ is better because he fights smarter.

Got knocked out in Round 1, yet he was winning?

Got dropped like twice and destroyed against the cage, didn't knock TJ down once.

But he was winning, hmmm...

Got dropped like twice and destroyed against the cage, didn't knock TJ down once.

Cody is 2-0 in winning before getting finished.

oh cool. sucks he lost then when he could of won the first round.

oh cool. sucks he lost then when he could of won the first round.

I doubt it matters at this point. In the first fight he couldn't keep it together for two rounds; this time he couldn't keep it together for one full round. It seems likely that he just can't put together a coherent game plan and fight smart against Killashaw; his adolescent grudges bring out his inner Neanderthal and he falls apart. At this point he's also shown it's possible he was from the beginning a UFC gatekeeper at best who happened to have had one night where he rose to occasion and functioned effectively at the best possible time.

He's clearly going to need to work his way up from a way lower rung from here on in. He needs a BW or maybe a FLyW outside the top 5 with no KO power. Sending him to Lineker or Moraes would be likely to send him ona downward spiral he won't be able to get out of. And he needs to seriously reconsider his training camps. The Alpha Males and their uncoordinated, frat brotherhood style and training may have worked at one point, though never enough to keep them from coming up short in title fights, but it clearly doesn't anymore. At this point it's clear Killashaw's fight iq was high enough that he saw a long time ago that there was a ceiling he was never gonna break training with that group.

Stopped reading when you said he was a gatekeeper who had his 1 night vs Dom.

You realize he was unbeaten and completely starched his opponents prior to Dom right?

This whole thing of saying a fighter sucked after a loss is such nonsense on here. Nobody was ever good after they lost. You gotta be undefeated n stay that way for fans to appreciate you.

Imagine how spoiled mma fans are that they think people can go whole careers without losing. The Fedor/Gsp/aldo/anderson era ruined people into thinking the only way you are a top level fighter is if you win a belt n hold it for 10 years.

I actually just re-watch that fight this morning and no at zero point was he winning. As usual the commentators cannot effectively call striking. They always say somebody got tagged hard when they did not. TJ slipped most of the heavy shots and was only partially hit on some of the haymakers that Cody threw.. TJ did all the damage up until the finish. Cody at no point was winning anything. He got destroyed.

I see where u coming from ts. I wouldn't say he was really winning. But you could definitly say he was not losing until he got KOd.

Every time Cody and TJ fight, TJ will body bag him quicker.

Eventually he'll starch him 5 seconds.

No Brains is simply too dumb.

There's no way his wife let's him hold the child without supervision.

The Amount of disrespect in the thread for a former champion is disgusting... yeah he lost a close fight, but that doesn’t mean he’s all of a sudden garbage. Pathetic

TJ was never rocked lol.

Cody got completely dismantled. He traded punch for punch and got beaten to the punch over and over because TJ is faster and has better placement and timing.

Tj’s face tells a completely different story. Cody just doesn’t have the chin to hang with TJ in that kind of fight and team alpha is a joke. Where great fighters go to always come up short. I used to have a hate on for TJ for leaving its hard to now. Wish Cody would go somewhere that actually improved him and gameplanned for his fights.

Cody was just unlucky.. he’s the better natural athlete

Is he though? As a fight athlete you kind of have to factor in all their physical gifts one of which is their durability. TJ clearly has a massive edge there. He can take all cody’s leather and still keep going.

The Amount of disrespect in the thread for a former champion is disgusting... yeah he lost a close fight, but that doesn’t mean he’s all of a sudden garbage. Pathetic

Close? You mean MM and Henry last night? Because Cody got starched for the 2nd time in 2 fights..

Back