Cody vs TJ

I thought TJ looked stunning against Lineker however could TJ hit those takedowns against Cody?

I am not so sure

Cruz will probably get a rematch anyway so TJ might have to wait...

TJ's definitely better everywhere, other than boxing, and more so just straight power and speed.

this is going to be a fucking war, can't wait... TJ is an animal and Cody definitely isn't going try to outpoint him.. They're going to clash..

Cruz made the little boy look like an amateur for the first 3 rounds.
1,2,3 Cruz
4,5 Silly Dilly

Deal with it.
giphy.gif

I got Cody Warbrandt.TJ has a similar attack to Cruz albeit a bit powerful. Obviously they are not completely the same but their philosophy in fighting is similar. They have quick feet and move around on the outside, throw a lot of feints, show different looks, changing stances and when they have their opponent hesitating and reacting they come in FROM A DISTANCE throw their strikes then get out or land a take down. This style is tough to deal with unless you have Cody's attributes.

Against slower flat footed fighters, especially grapplers/wrestlers their style will always win barring a lucky punch. Cody has better boxing than both, just as fast and has a lot more power. While they jump around on the outside, Cody is waiting ready to unleash his combos, when they jump in FROM A DISTANCE normally against slower and mediocre boxers they can get away with it because those guys are not ready to strike and therefore end up covering up from strikes, swing at air or get taken down. Cody has the boxing and athleticism to meet them as they come in and Cody's tighter boxing will prevail.

I feel that Cody is going to knock him out if Cruz had trouble trying to get him down i do not see TJ doing it either. Not to mention Cody hands are insane his boxing is good rare for this sport.

Cody has been training boxing since he was a little boy, TJ didn't know how to even strike when he joined TAM, but TJ has the better boxing fundamentals :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

Cody should have went to a better gym with real coaches, maybe with someone like Bang Ludwig.

giphy.gif

Cody should have went to a better gym with real coaches, maybe with someone like Bang Ludwig.
I think what happened there is Garbrandt thought that he still had Dillashaw hurt and went in a little reckless because of the first round "TKO" where the bell saved Dillashaw. If he had stuck with his game plan, he would have caught Dillashaw again. We see this all of the time in MMA... fighter A has fighter B hurt, charges in and gets clipped.

I think what happened there is Garbrandt thought that he still had Dillashaw hurt and went in a little reckless because of the first round "TKO" where the bell saved Dillashaw. If he had stuck with his game plan, he would have caught Dillashaw again. We see this all of the time in MMA... fighter A has fighter B hurt, charges in and gets clipped.
There was nothing reckless about that exchange. Cody wasn't flying after TJ going crazy throwing bombs in the exchange he got clipped in. TJ was moving forward and pressuring while Cody was looking to counter.
If anything TJ got more reckless after getting hit and started moving forward much more aggressively looking to tag Cody and it worked.

Cody clipped TJ at the end of the round 1, but was nowhere near finishing him. TJ was still bobbing and weaving and Cody tried throwing at him after he hit him and while shaky, TJ was still aware and defensively moving.

Even had the fight been 30 more seconds, Cody likely does not finish him there despite what his fans want to make themselves believe. TJ was wobbly but completely aware and weaving to get out of that situation.

There was nothing reckless about that exchange. Cody wasn't flying after TJ going crazy throwing bombs in the exchange he got clipped in. TJ was moving forward and pressuring while Cody was looking to counter.
If anything TJ got more reckless after getting hit and started moving forward much more aggressively looking to tag Cody and it worked.

Cody clipped TJ at the end of the round 1, but was nowhere near finishing him. TJ was still bobbing and weaving and Cody tried throwing at him after he hit him and while shaky, TJ was still aware and defensively moving.

Even had the fight been 30 more seconds, Cody likely does not finish him there despite what his fans want to make themselves believe. TJ was wobbly but completely aware and weaving to get out of that situation.
I'm not even a Garbrandt fan but if you can't admit that Dillashaw was done at the end of that round, then your "TJ" colored glasses are blinding you. He barely made it to his corner after the bell. Most fighters stick and move but I think Garbrandt got a little complacent because of the damage he administered and left himself open to a "charging" Dillashaw.

I'm not even a Garbrandt fan but if you can't admit that Dillashaw was done at the end of that round, then your "TJ" colored glasses are blinding you. He barely made it to his corner after the bell. Most fighters stick and move but I think Garbrandt got a little complacent because of the damage he administered and left himself open to a "charging" Dillashaw.
I am not a fan of either of them, I just dislike Cody more because his intelligence level is so low. he is not Junie Browning level, but he falls into that category of "Durrrr?"

If you actually think TJ was done just because he got clipped(yet still kept moving, dodging, weaving his head while Cody was throwing when he was down), then you don't know fighting.

I am not a fan of either of them, I just dislike Cody more because his intelligence level is so low. he is not Junie Browning level, but he falls into that category of "Durrrr?"

If you actually think TJ was done just because he got clipped(yet still kept moving, dodging, weaving his head while Cody was throwing when he was down), then you don't know fighting.
How do you think he recovers from that while still getting punched in the head? He was one more solid shot away from going limp.

Yeah right.

TJ set him up for that headkick and after that Cody's head was spinning.

He was easy pickins after that.

TJ was "done", yet Cody missed all 5 of his follow up shots? Then after 60 seconds he got up and stomped Cody?

How come?

Cody had a chance to finish TJ when he knocked him down.Cody tried to hit him with hammer fists but TJ was moving his head side by side . He lit Cody up in the second round, dropped him twice and got the win.And it is more impressive to come back and win a fight after getting hit by an opponent who hits very hard.

Back