Cody vs TJ

Cam Zink

Disorderly Conduct
Banned
Reaction score
How do you see Cody vs TJ playing out?
For now i don't really know for sure, these guys balance each other out pretty well.

TJ is still champion in my eyes. He never lost that belt.

I thought TJ looked stunning against Lineker however could TJ hit those takedowns against Cody?

I am not so sure

Cruz will probably get a rematch anyway so TJ might have to wait...

TJ is still champion in my eyes. He never lost that belt.
So the guy that never beat the linear champ for the belt, and then lost his fake belt to the linear champ.....is still the "real champ"?

Cody is going to smoke TJ. TJ won't be able to take him down, and Cody is a level above him in boxing. Cody also has the speed advantage, and power.

I thought TJ looked stunning against Lineker however could TJ hit those takedowns against Cody?

I am not so sure

Cruz will probably get a rematch anyway so TJ might have to wait...

If he does this its clear and obvious bias in his favour, hopefully Cody has shown himself to be marketable enough that the UFC don't try and cling onto Cruz as the 1435lb golden boy but you never know, once Dana has a favourite he tends to stick with them.

As far as TJ/Cody goes I suspect a big issue will be can Dillashaw control Cody from the outside with kicks? I think his kicking game is significantly better than Cruz's but obviously he'd giving up some reach. If he can then I think that makes takedowns potentially easily to get as he could catch Cody off balance coming forward.

Equally though I do think TJ is both a better wrestler and has better boxing fundamentals than Cruz, he doesn't have Cruz's ability to defend backing up and land counters whilst going so but Cody already showed he has the answer to that.

TJ by KO.

Cody made Cruz come to him which is something Cruz isn't used to, TJ knows how to lead a fight. Also, although it was a pretty amazing performance Cody still got tagged by Cruz a fair few times and TJ is a much more dangerous striker than Cruz.

Cody is going to smoke TJ. TJ won't be able to take him down, and Cody is a level above him in boxing. Cody also has the speed advantage, and power.

He's the bigger man too.

TJ by KO.

Cody made Cruz come to him which is something Cruz isn't used to, TJ knows how to lead a fight. Also, although it was a pretty amazing performance Cody still got tagged by Cruz a fair few times and TJ is a much more dangerous striker than Cruz.

LOL Cruz never struck TJ?

If he does this its clear and obvious bias in his favour, hopefully Cody has shown himself to be marketable enough that the UFC don't try and cling onto Cruz as the 1435lb golden boy but you never know, once Dana has a favourite he tends to stick with them.

As far as TJ/Cody goes I suspect a big issue will be can Dillashaw control Cody from the outside with kicks? I think his kicking game is significantly better than Cruz's but obviously he'd giving up some reach. If he can then I think that makes takedowns potentially easily to get as he could catch Cody off balance coming forward.

Equally though I do think TJ is both a better wrestler and has better boxing fundamentals than Cruz, he doesn't have Cruz's ability to defend backing up and land counters whilst going so but Cody already showed he has the answer to that.

Cody has been training boxing since he was a little boy, TJ didn't know how to even strike when he joined TAM, but TJ has the better boxing fundamentals :rolleyes:

This is a legitimate superfight and I can't wait. I think Cody has the edge due to speed and KO power, but TJ is very adaptive.

Cody has definitely has better hands overall but TJ is far more unpredictable wiht his striking/wrestling combo.

I think TJ more than makes up for the boxing disadvantage with his amazing kicks. Wrestling wise, TJ will embarass Cody if goes to the ground. Stand up fight will be interesting, both fighters are good at fighting with range but I'd give the nod to TJ with the way he moves around, not point style like Dom, more about range. With good range, better reach, and much better kicks than Cody, I'd still see TJ getting the better of Cody in the standup unless he tries to get close and trade. If I had to put my money on one, Dillashaw for sure, man is a beast whose been on a tear ever since his controversial loss to Dodson back in the day and that's pretty amazing imo.

TJ late TKO in a highly technical war, one of the best ever

Tj just too good. Love both fighters tho but Tj has always been my boy.

Back