Cody needs to improve mentally

MMAaddict

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Cody is one of the best strikers in the UFC, but mentally I think he has room for improvement. He matches up well against any fighters out there. It just seems like he wanted to beat TJ so bad that it clouded his thinking. The fight game is also a mental warfare and TJ is the more intelligent fighter. TJ is also better in dealing with being knocked down. In my opinion, Cody is physically more skilled. He needs to keep his composure and be more patient, drag the fight out longer. He has a much better chance to win if he doesn't go toe to toe against TJ.

He had a whole rematch camp to figure that out and he still didn't.

Cody's confidence is gone and he can't trust his chin. I don't take pleasure in seeing guys getting humbled but it's still fresh in my mind all his antics in the Cruz fight.

Cody's confidence is gone and he can't trust his chin. I don't take pleasure in seeing guys getting humbled but it's still fresh in my mind all his antics in the Cruz fight.

Cody needs to leave his beloved TAM to evolve as a fighter and a human being

Cody is one of the best strikers in the UFC, but mentally I think he has room for improvement. He matches up well against any fighters out there. It just seems like he wanted to beat TJ so bad that it clouded his thinking. The fight game is also a mental warfare and TJ is the more intelligent fighter. TJ is also better in dealing with being knocked down. In my opinion, Cody is physically more skilled. He needs to keep his composure and be more patient, drag the fight out longer. He has a much better chance to win if he doesn't go toe to toe against TJ.
I am loling that anyone believes Cody can improve mentally. The guy is a hotheaded tard

Really? You don’t think he needs to improve his striking?? Guy throws rights that can be seen a mile away, keeps his hands downs when he’s throwing(that’s how dillashaw got him) guy is way too overconfident in his hands and power and once again it backfired, he was getting countered all day long

More tats on his face might help. The ink might help cushion the blows.

Is it me or this site is extremely slow? It makes navigating it painful and everything is reposted 2x. On a different note, I think Cody needs an experienced mentor, a few minor adjustments and he could be right back in the game. Hopefully, the lost doesn't crumble him like it did to Rhonda.

Not gonna happen, TJ has killed half his brain cells by now.

Emotionally and intellectually challenged. The hallmark of someone with neck tats.

It is pretty clear his chin is on the fragile side. I would not classify TJ as a really big puncher either. His T-Rex arms mean he is always going to be in the pocket to hit.

It is pretty clear his chin is on the fragile side. I would not classify TJ as a really big puncher either. His T-Rex arms mean he is always going to be in the pocket to hit.

How is Cody more physically skilled? He just relies on power and speed. Nothing else.

Far too generous. He's had 1 impressive striking performance vs cruz, otherwise hes been a power puncher on a decent streak. Tj is far more versatile, and really just had to avoid getting clipped.
Now that his chin has been shattered, I doubt he will be able to string 3 wins together going forward. He had a good run, but some of you guys give too much credit to flash-in-the-pan achievements.

Cody needs to leave his beloved TAM to evolve as a fighter and a human being
I agree fully!
He wanted to KO TJ so bad he got extremely slopping head hunting...if he would have fought TJ like he did Dom he would have done much better....he actually started out find...but as soon as he though TJ was hurt he went full....well you know :).

But he wont leave...but ROFL if he did after everything he said about TJ.

Edit: I don't think I'm smart enough to only hit reply once

Last edited:
Nope that wont protect his chin as his boxing is horrendous when he charges in hands down winging punches like he is back out on the school yard.

I'm not accusing anyone, but if there was a brazilian looking FUCKING SHREDDED as TJ looks, there would be roids accusations flying around all the time.

He is the most ripped fighter in the roster, and did not always looked like that.

Back