Cody Garbrandt's head movement is nonexistent

You know, you really should read the rest of the thread before you post. It's been established that Cody's head movement is great when he's playing defense, but when he starts fighting offensively he has numerous defensive liabilities such as leaving his head up, keeping his head on the center line, and failing to bring his hands back to his face. TJ exploited this because he happily engaged Cody in the pocket, Dom never did.

Cruz definitely did come forward recklessly when he knew he was losing, and that's when Garbrandt tended to really capitalize. For whatever reason he didn't consistently box against Dillashaw after their first round in the first fight. It's a massive shame as he has a ton of talent and real boxing ability. It all comes back to the old idiom: "You can't fix stupid, and you can't teach speed."

You know, you really should read the rest of the thread before you post. It's been established that Cody's head movement is great when he's playing defense, but when he starts fighting offensively he has numerous defensive liabilities such as leaving his head up, keeping his head on the center line, and failing to bring his hands back to his face. TJ exploited this because he happily engaged Cody in the pocket, Dom never did.

I've actually said it a few times, he has Amir Khan similarities. He has perhaps the best combination of hand speed and power in the sport, but he stands straight up in the pocket, and he loves forcing pocket exchanges. It's a terribly combination, but even that poor tendency can't possibly answer for the stupidity that he showed loading up on those massively telegraphed right hands in the exchange before he first got floored. Like what in the fuck was that? Completely insane stuff. Again, from a guy who can clearly box and has excellent power in both hands. Craziness. Get a fucking boxing coach, man, and get far away from the yes men at AlphaMale.

READ THE REST OF THE THREAD?? Hmm it could make sense... but in my defence... it was pretty long. My bad.

Yeah I can see some similarities with Khan even if Cody is more of a counter fighter.

The problem I would say is that before he faced TJ Cody never really had to look at his wider game, being a stalking counter fighter was always enough as he could either control matches as vs Cruz or was not having to put himself in much danger following up, opponents were either done or they didn't have the coolness under pressure of Dillashaw to fire back.

Even in the Dom fight, he pretty much just ducked all the time. Very dangerous when facing someone with any threat of a kick

Only because tj took him out if that elenent. Cody fought like an idiot against tj because of emotions and TJ capitalized off it. Shows how mentally weak Cody actually is. My opinion anyway

eP4ihmX.gif
he never says *it's*

Back