Cody Garbrandt won me over last night

sirmorbach

These violent delights have violent ends
@Black
Reaction score
As some of you are already aware of, I'm a huge Dominick Cruz fan and, as the fight was coming up, I've supported the former champion and picked him to be the winner of this fight. I've always admired Dominick's capacity of implementing strategies inside the octagon, his fantastic speed, movement and footwork, and more importantly, his discipline and love for competition.

Cody Garbrandt, on the other hand... I must say I used to dislike him. I always saw him as an unitelligent short-fused individual, a little temper temper with some neck tatttoos, who probably had nothing but a punch for Dominick in the fight.

But that fact is, Cody absolutely won me over last night. First off, he seems like a pretty good person, and his story with that kid Maddux is incredible. Garbrandt has stated that the kid has helped him to redirect his life, which was supposedly going the wrong way, by showing him the most important values in life. While we have some guys like Johny Hendricks (and I mean no disrespect to him, don't get me wrong), who don't let other people even touch the belt (he didn't let a journalist wrap it on her shoulder for a picture), the first thing Cody did with his belt was putting it around Maddux's waist.

Second, what a fucking masterpiece by Cody last night's fight was. That display of boxing was second to none, Jesus.

So, as a huge Dominick Cruz fan, I feel like I have to say Cody Garbrandt definitely got some new fans last night too. Well, I do know I can speak at least for myself, and as I've said, he absolutely won me over last night.

War Cruz.

But also WAR CODY GARBRANDT!

1797468_645440248851032_1462079629_n.jpg

tl;dr: Cody Garbrandt is a pretty good fighter, a very nice person, and we're all a bunch of pussies if we're so easily triggered with tattoos.

fuck you you fairweather bitch i see through your act now

<33>

Huge Cruz fan here. I though Cody came off as kind of a punk before the fight, but I suspected it was mostly an act. The kid owned last night and seems like an alright cat so: Cody Bless.

Me too man, I don't know what happens to him 99% of the time to make him such a douchebro but he was definitely humble as hell last night when he didn't have to be.

Definition of a badwagoner right here folks

fuck you you fairweather bitch i see through your act now

<33>

@KONE, please tell this individual to fuck off since apparently you're his master now.

I don't have to justify myself to you. You call it bandwagon effect, I call it acknowledging someone who I used to dislike as actually a good person.

No, it's called being a normal human being and realizing disliking someone over a neck tattoo is retarded

You said Garbrandt wouldn't touch Cruz and said Ronda would beat Nunes. You didn't have a very good night

I like him. I was waiting to see if he won to jump on board. I'm sold.

he won me after i watched the Almeida fight. i was reluctant to actually enter the hype train but he managed to make Cruz's footwork like an amateur.

Wait a minute, dude walked out with a kid with cancer and THEN put on that performance? Wow. I might have to hop on the bandwagon.

That's bad ass. Respect.

No, it's called being a normal human being and realizing disliking someone over a neck tattoo is retarded

You said Garbrandt wouldn't touch Cruz and said Ronda would beat Nunes. You didn't have a very good night

"Cody Garbrandt, on the other hand... I must say I used to dislike him. I always saw him as an unitelligent short-fused individual, a little temper temper with some neck tatttoos, who probably had nothing but a punch for Dominick in the fight."

Dude, it's nothing new what he did to the kid, he has already done it in the past, TS is a badwagoner

He had a very good night. Put on a hell of a show and then nailed his interview with Rogan.

Dana may have found his new McGregor.

Got to eat crow as well. Thought dom was going to overwhelm him and make him look amateur. Putting that kid out there was cool as well.

Still think the neck tats are a bad life decision and look stupid though.

I feel the same man, i was expecting him to just shit talk during his interview and say Cruz is nothing and he owned him and all that jazz but he just gave Cruz props and said nothing bad or cocky and does seem like an okay guy, other then all this stuff he's a fcking beast, seriously no joke

Cody was relaxed in there which I thought was very impressive and put on a show making Dom look old and slow. He earned my respect last night.

He was doing stuff like this forever, I remember watching him walk off the podium after winning one of the biggest tournaments in the state and a teammates younger brother about 7 years walked up and was fascinated by his trophy, without hesitation, Cody says "here you can have it" and gave it him right on the spot like was nothing.

He gave his belt to the kid straight shot after the fight.

Conor would be like, don't touch my belt you little fooker!

As some of you are already aware of, I'm a huge Dominick Cruz fan and, as the fight was coming up, I've supported the former champion and picked him to be the winner of this fight. I've always admired Dominick's capacity of implementing strategies inside the octagon, his fantastic speed, movement and footwork, and more importantly, his discipline and love for competition.

Cody Garbrandt, on the other hand... I must say I used to dislike him. I always saw him as an unitelligent short-fused individual, a little temper temper with some neck tatttoos, who probably had nothing but a punch for Dominick in the fight.

But that fact is, Cody absolutely won me over last night. First off, he seems like a pretty good person, and his story with that kid Maddux is incredible. Garbrandt has stated that the kid has helped him to redirect his life, which was supposedly going the wrong way, by showing him the most important values in life. While we have some guys like Johny Hendricks (and I mean no disrespect to him, don't get me wrong), who don't let other people even touch the belt (he didn't let a journalist wrap it on her shoulder for a picture), the first thing Cody did with his belt was putting it around Maddux's waist.

Second, what a fucking masterpiece by Cody last night's fight was. That display of boxing was second to none, Jesus.

So, as a huge Dominick Cruz fan, I feel like I have to say Cody Garbrandt definitely got some new fans last night too. Well, I do know I can speak at least for myself, and as I've said, he absolutely won me over last night.

War Cruz.

But also WAR CODY GARBRANDT!

1797468_645440248851032_1462079629_n.jpg

tl;dr: Cody Garbrandt is a pretty good fighter, a very nice person, and we're all a bunch of pussies if we're so easily triggered with tattoos.
Boa mestre... Agora que o Cody venceu estou esperando o reencontro dele com o Thominhas... Acho q o Almeida ainda pode ser campeão dessa categoria!

This is the sad part OP. You believed all the bullshit Dominick was spewing, and thought Cody was an incompetent douche and hated him for no reason. The world is a terrible place because of easy to convince morons like you.

Back