Cody, Bucks Recently Turned Down Seven Figures from WWE

I applaud them for this, WWE has taken a huge nosedive in quality and they need a kick in the ass

I have no doubt if AEW becomes a big hit and starts appealing to an older crowd like ECW did, then it'll make Vince change things up and fix the WWE

I can't see it competing against WWE anytime soon, but it doesn't have to, it should be looked at as an alternative promotion that appeals to professional wrestling fans that are sick of the trash PG WWE "sports entertainment"

I applaud them for this, WWE has taken a huge nosedive in quality and they need a kick in the ass

I have no doubt if AEW becomes a big hit and starts appealing to an older crowd like ECW did, then it'll make Vince change things up and fix the WWE

I can't see it competing against WWE anytime soon, but it doesn't have to, it should be looked at as an alternative promotion that appeals to professional wrestling fans that are sick of the trash PG WWE "sports entertainment"

Agreed. I don't think it's possible to compete with the E, but you can offer fans an option.

Anything that causes change to the stagnant product WWE is pushing is OK with me.

Sure. Where's that picture again of Cody and Billy Gunn shaking hands in some fucking backyard. They're backed by a "billionaire" but everything looks cheap. They're going nowhere near as competition even to Impact.

Absolutely, they would've gotten no shot under Vince's watch, because they dared to get over on their own. The Bucks would be jobber fodder worse than Gallows and Anderson, and Cody would be reduced to a comedy act again.

Gallows and Anderson were white hot before they went over there. That was a real shame.

Sure. Where's that picture again of Cody and Billy Gunn shaking hands in some fucking backyard. They're backed by a "billionaire" but everything looks cheap. They're going nowhere near as competition even to Impact.

I think it would be dumb to try to go head to head with WWE. The way WWE is doing business isn't working, so why copy them?

WWE doing this tells dudes like Nak, Cesaro, Ryder, Zayn maybe even AJ hard all or to move to AEW.

I’ll make a separate thread on this.
Yeah, I don't necessarily think it is a coincidence that Finn Balor is in the main event of the Royal Rumble all of a sudden.

Good.
I think it would be dumb to try to go head to head with WWE. The way WWE is doing business isn't working, so why copy them?
WWE is more profitable than it ever was, I believe.

I agree that they cannot be copied, but that is because their business model-- becoming a publicly traded company, having their own subscription Network, big contracts with two major TV networks-- is out of reach to any competitor for the foreseeable future.

Back