Cody, Bucks Recently Turned Down Seven Figures from WWE

Good. Cody and the Bucks wouldn’t make anything on RAW better.

Good for them. WWE is fucking garbage

Will All Elite Wrestling give them a reduced schedule, favored nations and creative control?

Good...now they just need to drive off a bridge over an active volcano and everything will be super.

What were they thinking?

The WWE I mean. 7 figures for those guys?

What were they thinking?

The WWE I mean. 7 figures for those guys?
You must aint been paying attention
The Elite is the hottest thing in wrestling right now

AEW FOE LIFE!!!!!

If what they are doing is working for them then it's probably for the best.

7 figures for them to come in and get buried half way to China?
I don't like them but they did the right thing considering how successful they've proven to be outside of WWE; especially Cody.

Seeing how they handle tag team wrestling why would the Bucks ever go there? Plus all of them would get buried so bad for the success they've had outside of WWE. A couple of years ago at Mania they still had to get over on WCW becuase putting them out of business 16 years prior just wasnt enough

i am glad they did. i have never seen anything but short clips of the young bucks, and cody never entertained me in wwe. so i for one, will be glad they are not coming to my tv anytime soon

They'd put on some great matches with the current NXT roster, but they should stay far, far away from the main roster.

They know the WWE would crush their steam and job them out.
Absolutely, they would've gotten no shot under Vince's watch, because they dared to get over on their own. The Bucks would be jobber fodder worse than Gallows and Anderson, and Cody would be reduced to a comedy act again.

Vince is so scared of the fact that people with real money are backing AEW.

Honestly I don’t think AEW will be a threat to the WWE’s business model. I feel like the majority of AEW crowds consume the WWE product (even if they say they don’t). It’s an obvious move to try to snuff out the organization though.

I noticed something with Vince a little while back. He has two business models, one for a competitive market and another for a non competitive market. In a non competitive market Vince actually wants to give a more vanilla and safe product which helps attract advertisers. In a more competitive market Vince is actually willing to lose the safe advertisers to help maintain/build a fan base but shortly after the competition is vanquished the non competitive market strategy returns.

Sucks for the fans.

7 figures for them to come in and get buried half way to China?
I don't like them but they did the right thing considering how successful they've proven to be outside of WWE; especially Cody.
It's likely true, but the offer the bucks got was intriguing none the less. They were offered the big money, plus an unprescedented contract option of being able to legally opt out within 6 months if they don't like what's going on. Hangman page was offered 7 figures to just wrestle as a top character in nxt. But word also is AEW is offering similar to wwe money, so that makes it fun to watch where these guys are going to land, wwe's soon to be free agents included. But yeah given these guys are all still young, they shouldn't take the wwe money yet. Take it late 30's when you're hustling is over in building your name and you're undeniable.

Back