Cody being overlooked?

Martialarts123

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Before the first fight, Cody was a sizable favorite among the people on this forum. A fair amount of people thought T.J. was in over his head and would be handled quite easily. This time around, it seems Cody is the one not given his due respect. Sooooo many people think a T.J. win is a foregone conclusion. Anyone else feel the same way or is it just me?

Anyone else feel the same way or is it just me?

Nah, I kind of get that vibe as well, both here and in alot of the MMA media.

Seems like Cody is a more sizable underdog than he should be imo.

I do get it, because of the decisive ending of their first fight, but Cody certainly had his moments in that fight.

It's Sherdog, homes. If fighter A beats fighter B once, then they are just better and will beat them 100,000 times straight.

I don't get why. Is the way of Sherdog though, but as Arm said, it seems to be spread across the board with MMA media. I think Cody wins the rematch if he comes with the same heat did against Cruz. I would be happy to see people upset with the outcome.

I'm kinda the same, Cody could definitely ko him, but I think TJ has too many tools, and has too high of a fight iq for Cody.

Unfortunate, I like Cody far more.

That's normally what happens when you get knocked out in the first fight

I don't get why. Is the way of Sherdog though, but as Arm said, it seems to be spread across the board with MMA media. I think Cody wins the rematch if he comes with the same heat did against Cruz. I would be happy to see people upset with the outcome.

The same "heat" he did against Cruz, tf does that even mean lol.

What actual adjustments can Cody make to his game?

From what I saw today the odds have it as a tossup, both guys around -110.

If Cody is healthy and his back is solid I'm picking him.

Is this your first day here?

Cody lost. That means he sucks, sucked all along, is overrated, and will never win another fight

The problem with the Cruz gameplay is that TJ is a different fighter, tho many think they are the same. TJ Andy Bang also know Cody well, so they know how to exploit his weaknesses that Cruz can not. Plus, Cruz is the def of a pillow fitted fighter, while TJ has some decent power for the class and Cody could have a glass chin.

like dc said, there are levels to this. i just feel that tj is ahead of cody.

but everyone makes mistakes and in mma, mistakes are unforgiving. so let's see who fucks up first on saturday.

He seemed the better fighter, I'll give you that, but then he got caught and everything changed. The first round looked like Cruz NeckTats2 and then everything changed in a heartbeat.

I still think Bang is the secret weapon here. Say what you want, but the guy has dedicated more to one fighter than any other coach and he clearly has a good mind for striking. He also knows Cody as much as anyone.

Odds are 1.8 to 2.00 where I bet, which means that Cody is a very small underdog.

From what I saw today the odds have it as a tossup, both guys around -110.

Has Cody had back problems? I've never heard that

I thought it was going to look a lot like the first fight. Now I'm thinking Cody will sit back and counter strike super patient like he did in the Cruz fight. It's gonna go longer than last time. Still have to take TJ again.

Has Cody had back problems? I've never heard that

Claims to have had 8 injections into his disks before the TJ fight and couldn't pull out because he needed the money.

Nah, I kind of get that vibe as well, both here and in alot of the MMA media.

Seems like Cody is a more sizable underdog than he should be imo.

I do get it, because of the decisive ending of their first fight, but Cody certainly had his moments in that fight.
It was an awesome and very entertaining fight.

I think Cody finishes TJ.

He knocked him down in sparring and then again in the first fight.

He'll probably get him again but this time finish it.

he also had a fucked back for months before having to try train for the fight... i beleive he will win the rematch and the trilogy

I have a feeling this time Cody will get the job done.

Back