Coaches and Parents Behaving Badly

Uptown Swinger

--⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆- ✡ -⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆--
@Black
Reaction score
Recently at a wrestling tournament I saw 2 fathers have to be restrained from fighting eachother because one father told the other's son that he's a dirty wrestler.
They began yelling then one charged and there was a bit of chaos in front of all the kids.

A couple of years ago at a Judo tournament I saw a kid about 10-13 yrs old lose a match and start to cry as he walked off the mat. He walked straight over to his Sensei (coach) who may have been his father. His Sensei said something to him in what I think was Russian then slapped the living shit out of him. The whole gym said "Oohhhhh'" but nothing more was said or done.

I'm sure I can think of more. I know there's plenty of fights on youtube that we can't post but: Have you ever seen a Parent or a Coach act like an asshole at their kid's sporting events? Any examples?

Used to see this years ago when I played Little League and when I was umpiring in my teens. Its horrible.

Witnessed a number of times a parent, more times it was mothers, going after an umpire after the game.

I was at my nieces softball game a few years back and saw a woman attack the umpire for calling her daughter out at first.

I have never seen it like I have in youth hockey. It can be bad w/ the little ones, but once they reach 13 y/o, they start checking. And, so do the parents. The 18 and under games are an indictment upon society - or at least, a sub-section of it.

I have never seen it like I have in youth hockey. It can be bad w/ the little ones, but once they reach 13 y/o, they start checking. And, so do the parents. The 18 and under games are an indictment upon society - or at least, a sub-section of it.

I played youth hockey. Some parents never grew up, that's for sure.

I haven't seen anything too awful like parents fighting, but a couple months ago, the refs at my son's basketball game lost complete control of the crowd.

A kid on the other team elbowed a kid on our team right in the face. It was really blatant and clearly not accidental. In response, our player pushed that kid away. Our player got a technical foul.

The crowd would not stop yelling at the refs for the rest of the game.

My dad got kicked out of one of my soccer games for threatening to knock the refs teeth out.

Just some racial slurs.

Yeah there have little league football and soccer games at a field by house and i seen a couple fights in the crowd between parents, but no refs. Its sicken to me, i talk to a few of the parents and they say the rules claim that if any parent fights, their kid is kick out of the league but the rule is never enforced.

The worst one i saw started cause 2 moms were yelling at each and when they started shoving the husband came in swinging and one guy got stomped by 2 others before other adults broke it up. He walked away all bloodied up and i remember his little girl crying as they walked to the car. It was sad.

Its just a sign of the times. Showing respect for your fellow human being is no longer a priority.

I never saw that in my highschool. You're lucky if you do, though.

Another guy I know, just last year, got banned from coaching little league because he smacked a kid in the head last year. He was kinda nuts. During games he would scream at the kids and just act like a total maniac. Off the field you'd never know it though. Total laid back and very nice guy.

It's not really any different than all the road rage you see nowadays. It's not something you use to see in the past.

Regardless of the circumstances, parents losing control in public in full view of their children is one of the most disgraceful displays someone can do to their child.

I try to coach youth basketball as often as I can. I am a volunteer not a parent and I seem to be the most into it/invested as a coach (and my team usually had the best record). One season when coaching 15-18 yr olds we were undefeated going into the second to last game (game 9 out of 10). Since we crushed every other team they thought losing wasn't an option, this was a big lesson for me. It was a close game throughout and we loss in the last minute due to some questionable calls. So I was heated and told the ref he missed a call or whatever and what followed was madness and a complete nightmare.

The team follows my lead and all start complaining. I tell them to relax and things escalate quickly. The next thing I see is a kid throw a basketball and connect at the refs face, another kid throwing metal chairs onto the court, a kid on freaking knees pounding his fists onto the bball court and screaming like a savage, and the rest of my team cussing out and giving the bird to the other team. It was far to much for me to handle. I look up at the parents expecting help and they are all either looking away out of embarrassment or staring at me with devil eyes letting me know its my problem.

Half my team was suspended for the last game and we only had 4 on the court for it. I realized I should have set an example and instead of (or at least before i) complain to ref told my team they did great and sometimes you lose and go congratulate the other team ect (which I was going to say after I chewed out the ref)

My kids are almost at the age to start joining competitive sports teams. It wouldn't bother me if they wanted to play the piano instead.

It was so much the opposite from when I was a youth. My dad would go to almost all my football, baseball, basketball & hockey games and would always side with the officials when a call was made against me or with the coaches if I got pulled out of a game. He always cheered me on though.

A couple years ago there was a kid on my son's soccer team whose dad was just a total moron like this. Just a stereotype of a loudmouth idiot who is trying to live vicariously through his kids accomplishments and is just obnoxious about it. He was always losing it on the refs, the coach/players on the other team and the coach of our team as well. Like if a kid would slide tackle his son he would start screaming for a foul to be called. Our coach basically told him to fuck off and at one point the league suspended him from coming to games, he waited in his suv in the parking lot. His son was a good kid and was super embarrased by his dad, same with his wife who was a total milf and a very nice lady despite this guy being a loudmouth fat slob.

Both of my boys(8 & 10)wrestle and play football. I've seen some disgusting things from parents and coaches. One of the worst was at a meet earlier this yr. A dad/coach picked his 7 year old kid up by the head and shook him while screaming at him because he lost while wrestling up a weight class. Then he and his wife got into a nasty screaming match. It was nasty.

Back