Coaches and Parents Behaving Badly

Its just a sign of the times. Showing respect for your fellow human being is no longer a priority.

This is not a new issue. Parents have been keeping it real with each other at youth sporting events for a very long time.

Combine multiple hypercompetitive manchildren with alcohol and screaming and it's bound to happen.

lol

you will see the worst in people at these sporting events

it makes me laugh

When I played High School sports our basketball team would sometimes go on the road with the girls team for budgetary reasons and we would instigate the hell out of the away parents/fans. It was funny at the time but I grew up and wouldn't do it now.

My proudest moment in teenage assholery relating to sports came at a hockey game. My school was playing our rival school and we found out that their best player who was 16 had been fooling around with a 13 year old girl. We taunted him until he became so infuriated that the coach had to pull him from the game and we wound up winning.

On the flipside I was at a university hockey game when I was in college and this one guy there was just going crazy and making everybody uncomfortable. The rink seats were like these long bench seats and no one was sitting within arms length of him so I went over and sat very close to him, like leg to leg. So he starts saying shit like "What the fuck are you doing, go sit somewhere else" I just ignored him looked straight ahead. He gets up and starts yelling at the ref/players and I stood up and kind of stuck my body half in front of him without acknowledging him at all. He changed seats and I followed him and kept doing it until he finally just left the rink. My friends still get a chuckle out of it till this day.

Used to see this years ago when I played Little League and when I was umpiring in my teens. Its horrible.

Witnessed a number of times a parent, more times it was mothers, going after an umpire after the game.

When I was in Little League, there were always three head coaches who had the best teams. I was on one of them. Whenever we played the other coaches' teams, the coaches would fucking destroy the umpires. And they'd argue with each other non-stop. It was hilarious to me, being 9 - 12 at the time. To be fair, the umpires intentionally made bad calls to fuck with them sometimes. So they deserved it.

When I played High School sports our basketball team would sometimes go on the road with the girls team for budgetary reasons and we would instigate the hell out of the away parents/fans. It was funny at the time but I grew up and wouldn't do it now.

My proudest moment in teenage assholery relating to sports came at a hockey game. My school was playing our rival school and we found out that their best player who was 16 had been fooling around with a 13 year old girl. We taunted him until he became so infuriated that the coach had to pull him from the game and we wound up winning.

On the flipside I was at a university hockey game when I was in college and this one guy there was just going crazy and making everybody uncomfortable. The rink seats were like these long bench seats and no one was sitting within arms length of him so I went over and sat very close to him, like leg to leg. So he starts saying shit like "What the fuck are you doing, go sit somewhere else" I just ignored him looked straight ahead. He gets up and starts yelling at the ref/players and I stood up and kind of stuck my body half in front of him without acknowledging him at all. He changed seats and I followed him and kept doing it until he finally just left the rink. My friends still get a chuckle out of it till this day.

In California, we didn't have much ice hockey. But we had roller hockey. The funniest shit was when our team captain was getting thrown out of the game, as usual, and the score keeper who knew him from another competitive league was talking shit. He hit the score keeper with his stick. Still makes me laugh to this day.

Back