Coach Winklejohn: Holm is "pissed" about recent loss, talks about Holly's future and contenders.

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Holm's loss to Shevchenko

"Oh she’s p****d. She hates it, it sucks. There is no doubt about it,” he told Submission Radio.“She had surgery on her hand the other day. She did bust her thumb really bad in the fight, but that’s no excuse. That didn’t stop her from throwing it, that’s not what happened. But she’s gotta overcome that and get back in the gym and go back.“I’ll tell you, she’s lost a title before when she got knocked out and she’ll be back. That’s just Holly. She’s driven.”

His thoughts on Tate vs Nunes, Julianna Pena

“I like Pena. I really do, Julianna Pena is a tough, tough fighter, tough young lady and I think she can scrap. I think that somebody that’s willing to come at Amanda that way again, I was wrong with Miesha Tate. I figured Miesha Tate would wear down Amanda, but Amanda threw some hard punches and caught Miesha early on. I think that Amanda’s better than I thought she was, apparently, but I think that could be a great fight.”

When Holly will fight again.

"It will be towards the end of the year, It will at least take that long. So we haven’t even thought about it at this point or what’s next and we’ll see what unfolds.“l I’d like to see Holly get back on to get a couple of wins and get a shot back at getting toward the biggest women in the division again.”

Fighting Cris Cyborg

“It does not make sense at all this time, First off, they wanted Cyborg to fight in Brazil against Holly Holm and it doesn’t make sense right now to fight a bigger girl, out of your own weight division, in her home town, when you’re not known for knocking people out. So that’s not logical for starters, but does it not make sense at the moment. Holly would take the damn fight if I let her, cause she’ll fight anybody. But right now we just gotta get through fixing her thumb and let Cyborg come down to 135 and fight all these girls.

Oh at some point, yeah no doubt. There’s no doubt about it. Cause Holly’s a fighter, that’s what she does. Cyborg’s got a lot of holes. She just hits really hard and she’s just bigger than the girls she fights.So it’s one of those things that, come down in weight and Holly’s got no problem fighting her.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/mma/...ms-patchy-form-shes-pd-she-hates-it-it-sucks/

She has looked awful throughout her whole ufc career if you ignore the ronda fight

She's just an overrated fighter
Her debut was shit
Her 2nd fight was shit

Still

Bless her for knocking out ronda

I hope Holly comes back winning. I like her better than the other WMMA competitors. She has a sweet personality.

She has looked awful throughout her whole ufc career if you ignore the ronda fight

She's just an overrated fighter
Her debut was shit
Her 2nd fight was shit

Still

Bless her for knocking out ronda
I think you're overstating it a bit, which is understandable because people overreacted a lot to her skills after she beat Ronda. but she did not look awful. Raquel Pennington is no joke (in WBW), and despite the split decision result, Holm clearly won that fight imo. it's funny to read coach Winklejohn talk about how Cyborg has many holes in her game when Holm is very defficient in more than one way. but that's WBW. the most complete fighters are very good in one aspect of it, and then passable in the rest. for the division, Holm is a great fighter.

now maybe she'll fight like she's pissed

It's nice that her coach is helping her duck Cyborg.
I want to see all the Cyborg dream matches too but at this point, it makes no sense for any of the top girls to accept a fight with her. If they lose it destroys their credibility and doesn't help Cyborg any if she's never getting that 135 title. She's just gonna keep stomping jobbers in brazil

I want to see all the Cyborg dream matches too but at this point, it makes no sense for any of the top girls to accept a fight with her. If they lose it destroys their credibility and doesn't help Cyborg any if she's never getting that 135 title. She's just gonna keep stomping jobbers in brazil
I 100% agree but the UFC still wants it so it's still ducking.

As far as I can tell, Holly is a very skilled boxer without knock out power and who can't go to the ground. So really, she has to be a point fighter. I don't mind this.

It's nice that her coach is helping her duck Cyborg.
Cyborg is ducking the whole division, hasn't even tried to lose some weight so she can make 135lbs. She doesn't want to lose the benefits that her anabolic steroids gave her. Holm is mentally stronger than Tate & Rousey, she'll probably fight before both of them again even if she has had surgery. I'm a Rousey fan but I really don't get the hate & disrespect for Holm.

I think you're overstating it a bit, which is understandable because people overreacted a lot to her skills after she beat Ronda. but she did not look awful. Raquel Pennington is no joke (in WBW), and despite the split decision result, Holm clearly won that fight imo. it's funny to read coach Winklejohn talk about how Cyborg has many holes in her game when Holm is very defficient in more than one way. but that's WBW. the most complete fighters are very good in one aspect of it, and then passable in the rest. for the division, Holm is a great fighter.

I see this all the time on here, after a WBW loses, everyone points out their weaknesses and says they're overrated but it's all relative. Sure Holm has holes in her game, but 90% of the division is completely incapable of exploiting those holes so although she may not be as good as some people thoughtshe was, she can still be top 5 in the division, weaknesses and all

Holly dropped Schevdenkhole or whatever in the 1st and it was a close fight between the 2 most decorated strikers in womens boxing, kickboxing, mma .etc. Holly defo hurt her more then busted her hand. Either way it wasnt like she got merked it was a close fight lol she needs to get back on a win streak and then fight cyborg later

I think Cyborg merks the whole 135 division, but Holly getting a win and her title back is more important at the moment. Only girl to actually consider a fight with her

Cyborg is ducking the whole division, hasn't even tried to lose some weight so she can make 135lbs. She doesn't want to lose the benefits that her anabolic steroids gave her. Holm is mentally stronger than Tate & Rousey, she'll probably fight before both of them again even if she has had surgery. I'm a Rousey fan but I really don't get the hate & disrespect for Holm.
I don't hate her and I'm not disrespecting her but she said she'd Cyborg and now she's having her coach make nonsensical excuses. A win over Cyborg would surely get her a title shot. So why exactly does it not make sense? Cause she would lose. But as you said she doesn't want to fight a juiced Cyborg and that's understandable.

Holly just got out classed by a someone who weighed in 3 pounds under the allowance. I'd stay the fuck away from Cyborg too.

Still got mad love for that head kick KO though

I don't hate her and I'm not disrespecting her but she said she'd Cyborg and now she's having her coach make nonsensical excuses. A win over Cyborg would surely get her a title shot. So why exactly does it not make sense? Cause she would lose. But as you said she doesn't want to fight a juiced Cyborg and that's understandable.
Yeah, I'm not really directing the hate and disrespect towards you that was just to save me writing a separate post.

Cyborg getting Tormund's panties all wadded up again. Your tears make any thread mentioning Cyborg worth viewing.

Back