Coach: Fedor

woodlanddog

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The return of Fedor Emelianenko continues to be a topic that attracts attention from pundits and fans alike, as many eagerly anticipate the end of the sweepstakes for the Russian heavyweight to determine where he will fight in the near future.

Yet while most are excited about the return of one of the greatest fighters in the history of Mixed Martial Arts, some question whether the decision is the correct one for his legacy. His longtime coach, Vladimir Voronov, believes Fedor's potential could potentially be greater now than before his retirement in 2012.

"Fedor called and said he had such a wish [to return to MMA]," Voronov said during an interview at M-1 Challenge 60. "I fully supported him. I think that Fedor's potential is bigger than he achieved before. I know him from childhood. If he decided to return, it will be very serious."

While it remains unclear which promotion will bid the highest for Fedor's services, the former Pride FC champion recently revealed that the UFC had approached him with an offer but they were yet to begin negotiations.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/8/1...ential-ufc-greater-before-retirement-mma-news

Hope he goes Bellator and fights Volkov to start than works his way up.

Well, that can never be proved against the Bellator HW roster.

It's going to be really annoying if he doesn't fix the 2 main problems that everyone knew he had a few years ago. 1. Needs to get real training camp, no more working out on the playground. That was awesome 10-15 years ago, but the rest of the field caught up and that doesn't cut it anymore. 2. Stop the head-hunting that he go into after the Tim Sylvia fight. Get back to his grappling roots, mixing up punches with throws like no one else did. It wasn't necessarily a loss of speed or athleticism that got him in his last couple of years, it was those things. I'm not saying he'll come back to '04 form, but he is definitely better than he showed of late.

Fairy tales this is.

Fedor is way behind his prime, as much as I don't want to admit it. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Yet I still expect great things from him.

Fairy tales this is.

Fedor is way behind his prime, as much as I don't want to admit it. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

This pretty much sums up how I feel as well.

It's going to be really annoying if he doesn't fix the 2 main problems that everyone knew he had a few years ago. 1. Needs to get real training camp, no more working out on the playground. That was awesome 10-15 years ago, but the rest of the field caught up and that doesn't cut it anymore. 2. Stop the head-hunting that he go into after the Tim Sylvia fight. Get back to his grappling roots, mixing up punches with throws like no one else did. It wasn't necessarily a loss of speed or athleticism that got him in his last couple of years, it was those things. I'm not saying he'll come back to '04 form, but he is definitely better than he showed of late.

This is so god damn much.

Voronov is a great guy but Fedor needs way better coach (team) now.

Fairy tales this is.

TBF he said better than in 2012 after Fedor seemed to have lost interest for years. He didn't say better than in his prime.

curious as to why they couldn't build a great camp around Fedor so that he doesn't need to leave stary oskol?

Russia has amazing boxers and wrestlers... I know very little about ground/submission, and much less so from Russia (I imagine there are some elite practitioners) - with such a strong sense of nationalism amongst Russians, why hasn't this materialized? Is it sheer stubbornness?

Well, that can never be proved against the Bellator HW roster.

Well if he goes UFC right away he will be given the worst match ups. He is past prime, has three years of ring rust, and didn't look good in his last outings against top comp.

Give him Volkov to start and he can work up. If he gets to the top of Bellator than go UFC.

I know I am going to get shit for this, but Fedor has a real chance of becoming the heavyweight champ once again. People give him shit for being round and out of shape, that he should lose weight, etc. He is the only heavyweight I have ever seen fight and fight and not gas out. Including Velasquez. If UFC happens if he wins his first fight and he fights like he did against Rizzo,"the sky is the limit" just like Bas Rutten said. Since the whole Reebok thing I have been searching for official Fedor shirts all over the internet. Almost nothing on Ebay, I have new and close to new extras if anybody wants to trade sell, or buy. If anyone has seen anything Fedor clothing wise let me know. Lets hope Fedor goes to the UFC.

"Buy used car. Better than new car. 50 rubles".

Agree 100%. Ditch the "yes-men", train like a modern athlete, with trainers, dietitians, therapists, and and sparring partners who will challenge you, rather than just go with the flow.

In his last few fights he looked like he was working on some things. Like showing reserve and control when he had Monson hurt. He didn't try to swarm him like he did against Werdum. He was much more calculated in his last 3 fights. People tend to forget that.

Who know what kind of injuries Fedor was dealing with after that 10 year run. Perhaps these last 3 years allowed him to rebuild and heal up. We will see. Either way its so exciting to think Fedor is back! The GOAT of mixfight.

Interested to see Wren's comeback and to see what Lorenzo Hood is about this friday

Fairy tales this is.

My thoughts exactly.

In his last few fights he looked like he was working on some things. Like showing reserve and control when he had Monson hurt. He didn't try to swarm him like he did against Werdum. He was much more calculated in his last 3 fights. People tend to forget that.

The late 2011 and 2012 Fedor is UFC HW champ material.

I'm 100 %.

Will he come back the same and with the same approach? We will see.

Back