Coach: Fedor

It's going to be really annoying if he doesn't fix the 2 main problems that everyone knew he had a few years ago. 1. Needs to get real training camp, no more working out on the playground. That was awesome 10-15 years ago, but the rest of the field caught up and that doesn't cut it anymore. 2. Stop the head-hunting that he go into after the Tim Sylvia fight. Get back to his grappling roots, mixing up punches with throws like no one else did. It wasn't necessarily a loss of speed or athleticism that got him in his last couple of years, it was those things. I'm not saying he'll come back to '04 form, but he is definitely better than he showed of late.

The division has gotten seemingly worse than from Fedors reign.
His losses have nothing to do with his training facilities, more a lack proper training dedication due to interest in politics & religious beliefs. The division is full of the same guys it was 10 years ago, gyms and teams may be a lot more advanced than what they were for mma 10+ years ago, but Fedors training facilities and old school regimes made him one of the best heavyweight conditioned athletes the sport had to offer. He was a solid but flabby 230-240 guy who could make 205, but still had solid cardio, amazing speed and functional strength.

In his last few fights he looked like he was working on some things. Like showing reserve and control when he had Monson hurt. He didn't try to swarm him like he did against Werdum. He was much more calculated in his last 3 fights. People tend to forget that.

I noticed this as well. Things could get really interesting in the UFC if we see the thinking man's fighter in Fedor. That is if he ever signs, but I have a strong feeling that he does.

The division has gotten seemingly worse than from Fedors reign.
His losses have nothing to do with his training facilities, more a lack proper training dedication due to interest in politics & religious beliefs. The division is full of the same guys it was 10 years ago, gyms and teams may be a lot more advanced than what they were for mma 10+ years ago, but Fedors training facilities and old school regimes made him one of the best heavyweight conditioned athletes the sport had to offer. He was a solid but flabby 230-240 guy who could make 205, but still had solid cardio, amazing speed and functional strength.

Whatever the reason don't expect him at 100% for a few fights. The big reason I want him in Bellator first.

His potantial is obviously lower than it was before. He is older and has been out of the game for a long time.

It's going to be really annoying if he doesn't fix the 2 main problems that everyone knew he had a few years ago. 1. Needs to get real training camp, no more working out on the playground. That was awesome 10-15 years ago, but the rest of the field caught up and that doesn't cut it anymore. 2. Stop the head-hunting that he go into after the Tim Sylvia fight. Get back to his grappling roots, mixing up punches with throws like no one else did. It wasn't necessarily a loss of speed or athleticism that got him in his last couple of years, it was those things. I'm not saying he'll come back to '04 form, but he is definitely better than he showed of late.

I am not making excuses but I think his decline was more mental that head hunting and see no problem in training in nature , we have seen guys with great camps and many high tech stuff that get beaten, I think he loves to do many stuff a al Karelin

Really I would say the big thing with "modern training" is weight cutting which isn't an issue if he's staying at HW.

The issue towards the end of his career was I'd say more than he simply wasnt as committed to that training although he did make adjustments in his last few fights and looked more motivated.

Wasn't Voronov the guy who said Bigfoot Silva used telepathic mind control to beat Fedor? His coaches suck. Same old shit and same routine they put him through and they are and were way behind the times.

He really made a good case for Fedor being "potentially better". Not. In order to be better Fedor would have to have been dealing with injuries at the time of retirement that have now healed and/or he has learned new techniques to close holes in his game. And both of those would have to offset the fact that he is now in his late thirties instead of his mid-thirties.

Back