International coach dead pill is red

Don’t countries have an obligation of sorts to protect their citizens?

They have a right to a representative of the embassy present to ensure their rights and welfare are taken care of, as ultimately it's the host nations decision on what custodial sentences/capital or corporal punishment is appropriate if laws have been broken.

They have a right to a representative of the embassy present to ensure their rights and welfare are taken care of, as ultimately it's the host nations decision on what custodial sentences/capital or corporal punishment is appropriate if laws have been broken.

I understand that. Even when abroad, people still have to abide by the laws of the land that they are in.

Gonzalo Lira was an interesting YouTuber. I remember watching some of his videos years ago, well before the war in Ukraine.

I didn’t agree with everything he said, but I found him mostly entertaining and he always had an interesting takeaway on world events and social issues that were different from the mainstream media.

Since, the war in Ukraine started, I remember thinking that he was being very brazen with his criticism of Ukraine, whilst still living in the country. I believe that people should have freedom of expression to a certain extent, but what he was doing just simply wasn’t a good idea in the middle of a warzone.

The last few videos I saw of his, he was smoking A LOT … like, chain smoking … and he looked very anxious and stressed. It is possible that he died from smoking too much, coupled with stress.

Whether you agree or disagree with any of his alternative views, I still believe that as a fellow human, he should be treated with some degree of dignity … even high ranking Nazis were given a trial after WW2.

Perhaps, his body can be sent to Chile to be buried?

This war in Ukraine ends with peace talks. I really hope they can happen sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Don’t countries have an obligation of sorts to protect their citizens?

They have to provide consular services but if you commit crimes and be a cunt you are on your own.

I understand that. Even when abroad, people still have to abide by the laws of the land that they are in.

Gonzalo Lira was an interesting YouTuber. I remember watching some of his videos years ago, well before the war in Ukraine.

I didn’t agree with everything he said, but I found him mostly entertaining and he always had an interesting takeaway on world events and social issues that were different from the mainstream media.

Since, the war in Ukraine started, I remember thinking that he was being very brazen with his criticism of Ukraine, whilst still living in the country. I believe that people should have freedom of expression to a certain extent, but what he was doing just simply wasn’t a good idea in the middle of a warzone.

The last few videos I saw of his, he was smoking A LOT … like, chain smoking … and he looked very anxious and stressed. It is possible that he died from smoking too much, coupled with stress.

Whether you agree or disagree with any of his alternative views, I still believe that as a fellow human, he should be treated with some degree of dignity … even high ranking Nazis were given a trial after WW2.

Perhaps, his body can be sent to Chile to be buried?

This war in Ukraine ends with peace talks. I really hope they can happen sooner rather than later.

I think it's more likely it was an unheated jail cell that finished him off, since daytime temps in Ukraine are still in the minus at the moment.

I know towards the end he was claiming to be in secret locations, hidden by his wife's family as he claimed the secret police were after him.

He pissed off a lot of content creators as he appeared as a guest on live streams and was ranting and raving when the others were telling him just to get out of the country. This was at the point all Ukrainian men were being prevented from leaving and being press ganged into the meat grinder.

I recall reading Lira was driven to recklessness by a chronic illness. Then again, Mr. Red Pill wasn't a reliable source.

Last edited:
They have to provide consular services but if you commit crimes and be a cunt you are on your own.

The US gives Ukraine hundreds of billions of dollars in money and in weaponry, and thus hold a lot of influence over Ukraine. If they wanted to, the US probably could have negotiated Gonzalo’s release and repatriation to either the US or Chile.

It seems as though they didn’t make any effort to save him mostly because they disagreed with his opinions (granted, Gonzalo didn’t help his case with his brazen videos, especially towards the end).

Didn’t the US recently exchange a highly dangerous weapon smuggler (nicknamed “the merchant of death”) in order to save a cannabis smoking female basketball player? … I guess it’s only because she held the right opinions?

images

My point is, surely your government has some kind of an obligation to protect you, regardless of your political viewpoint or celebrity status, right?

Last edited:
The US gives Ukraine hundreds of billions of dollars in money and in weaponry, and thus hold a lot of influence over Ukraine. If they wanted to, the US probably could have negotiated Gonzalo’s release and repatriation to either the US or Chile.

It seems as though they didn’t make any effort to save him mostly because they disagreed with his opinions (granted, Gonzalo didn’t help his case with his brazen videos, especially towards the end).

Didn’t the US recently exchange a highly dangerous weapon smuggler (nicknamed “the merchant of death”) in order to save a cannabis smoking female basketball player? … I guess it’s only because she held the right opinions?

images

My point is, surely your government has some kind of an obligation to protect you, regardless of your political viewpoint or celebrity status, right?

Can you comprehend that there may be a difference in how we treat citizens held on bullshit charges by and enemy nation; and citizens held on legit charges by an ally?

Can you comprehend that there may be a difference in how we treat citizens held on bullshit charges by and enemy nation; and citizens held on legit charges by an ally?

Carrying cannabis into another country may seem frivolous to you, but that would get you a prison sentence in a number of countries such as Japan, Singapore, Saudi Arabia. In Japan, it’s up to 20 years imprisonment for drug smuggling.

The US went above and beyond to secure her release. If Britney Griner was a Trump supporter, she probably would have been abandoned.

Last edited:
Carrying cannabis into another country may seem frivolous to you, but that would get you a prison sentence in a number of countries such as Japan, Singapore, Saudi Arabia. In Japan, it’s up to 20 years imprisonment for drug smuggling.

The US went above and beyond to secure her release. If Britney Griner was a Trump supporter, she probably would have been abandoned.

Keep on topic buddy. Can you see the difference between an ally imprisoning someone for espionage, and an enemy imprisoning someone for marijuana possession? Everyone else can make the distinction.

And no, the sentence given out to Griner was not even within the norms of Russia's own legal system. We all know what happened; Russia, like other great nations such as North Korea, can't get anything done diplomatically because they have nothing to offer the world. So they kidnap Americans on horseshit charges and come begging that way. And I'm sure they're happy to have you in their corner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back