• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

CM Punk on Colby Covington: It's racist. I get what Colby is doing but I don't appreciate it.

Do you agree with CM Punk on Colby Covington?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get it. What is Punk saying was racist?

I am Irish and that is technically racist, but not the worst I heard. English used to put up signs in places saying 'No Blacks No Dogs No Irish'. If we both worked in a large organisation in England say and you said that in front of me and I brought it to HR you would get a warning at least. From a personal perspective I would have to be a dick and have to act like it really offended me (I personally have thicker skin than that and been known to drink and fight a lot in my younger days) but you would be in a bit of trouble and does come under racism in Britain. Wasn't a good example since there has been a long history of racism towards Irish in Britain my No Blacks, No Dogs, No Irish example above.

How is it racist? There has to be a difference between generalizing and stereotyping and racism. Irish isn't a race, I am white, Irish people are white (another generalization)... so how can that be racist?

Also.... they also like potatoes lol

Anyone have Mike the truth Jackson’s take on this polarizing topic?

Colby is doing a pitiful WWE shtick to get attention. In fact, it's less genuine than an 80s heel. I don't know how anyone takes it seriously.
At least it has made everyone forget what a boring fighter he is in the ring... his cringeworthy trash talk, is entertaining because it is so bad and lacked any form of sincerity... not sure if it is racist, but it is awkward.

Man people need to get off Colbys nuts about him being racist he ain't racist wtf has he said that's racist? I don't get it. I don't see anyone in here pointing to racist things he has said, they're just calling him a racist because.. well I'm not too sure. Maybe they don't like him or something, idk.

The word racist sure has lost alot of meaning these days though, I do know that much.
Haven't you heard? Anyone right of Karl Marx these days is a racist.

Who gives a shit what an 0-2 MMA failure thinks?
This. Not only does CM Punk suck at fighting, he’s an arrogant ass clown who is obviously fucking retarded too, if he thinks Colby is being “racist” by supporting the President.

Colby is basically spouting off Fox News talking points bc he thinks controversy will make him popular. His fights aren't entertaining enough for him to be popular without controversy.

Pat Tillman was a hero, but his widow has came forward saying that Pat would support those kneeling for the anthem, just like the guy who killed Osama Bin Laden. Meanwhile, Trump doesn't know what colors are in the flag or the words to the anthem. He also loves Tim Tebow, who was the first guy to kneel for the anthem.
If COlby gave 2 shits about Pat Tillman, he'd question the ideologies that got him killed. He was killed by carelessness in a dog and pony show of a war.

Colby himself isn't racist. But he's spreading ignorance. His fans emulate him. Not saying it's the end of the world, but to be completely blind to it is willful ignorance imo.

Kind of like Colby's daddy, Trump. He's the poster boy for this behavior. If you're from the southwest you can attest to the ballsy behavior from white teens, that simply wasn't there before. At least not on this scale. Ignorance inspires ignorance, the same way greatness inspires greatness. It's a two way street.
How is he spreading ‘ignroance’ you imbecile? Lol you must be a snow flake

How is it racist? There has to be a difference between generalizing and stereotyping and racism. Irish isn't a race, I am white, Irish people are white (another generalization)... so how can that be racist?

Also.... they also like potatoes lol

Look at my other posts here, including the UN definition of racial discrimination I quoted, it is enforced back in 1969 and still in force. Not having two arguments here. I am out of here.

This definition is from the UN International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination and was way back in 1969 (Well entered into force in 69, convention was adopted in 65). Way before this SJW BS.

"...any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life."

But serious I am done. Wasted days trying to educate dumb Sherdogers last time, learnt my lesson. Half an hour on here in between doing other things is my limit this time.
lol @ the UN. The biggest leftist SJW organization around. No thanks.

They took Tilman, a man who would have returned and spoken against what he had been involved in, was killed, and turned into a rallying idol. Fucking sad.
What makes it even worse is the details surrounding Tillman’s death are sketchy at best, downright dishonest and despicable at worst. They killed that man and then burned his journal and other personal belongings to cover up evidence. I imagine a man like Tillman would have been completely disillusioned at what was actually happening in this war, and him having the platform for his thoughts to actually reach millions of people... they weren’t goin to let a man like that come home ruin the illusion for the common people.

EVERYTHING is RACIST to everyone nowadays, especially the left every god damn thing is an ISM to them.

I HOPE COLBY beats Tyrone cause maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan the racism bullshit will turn up 100000000000 percent win or lose lol

What makes it even worse is the details surrounding Tillman’s death are sketchy at best, downright dishonest and despicable at worst. They killed that man and then burned his journal and other personal belongings to cover up evidence. I imagine a man like Tillman would have been completely disillusioned at what was actually happening in this war, and him having the platform for his thoughts to actually reach millions of people... they weren’t goin to let a man like that come home ruin the illusion for the common people.
I debated my phrasing and chose to walk around what you said, but, yes, sketchy at best complicit at worst.

lol @ all the dorks in this thread trying to explain why literally everything is racist.

I dont like colby, but i havent seen anything explicitly racist.

At best, his support for donald trump, which isnt exactly that, but many people(mostly liberals and black people, like snoop) will claim it is

He was jon jones room mate for a long time, and they dont like each other nowadays. But jones never said anything about that. Which i imagine he would since this is the case

That makes waaaayyy too much sense for your average SJW or race hustler.

Saying Colby is racist is watering down the word.

A word that has already been significantly altered.

Currently, if you are ever mean to a minority, for any reason, you are a racist.

This is the world we live in, gentlemen.

Colby is controversial and tries to sell fights, but is a good MMA fighter. Brock was also controversial and a former fake wrestler, but still a legit MMA fighter--even if one-dimensional.

CM Punk is a fake fighter and a complete joke of an MMA fighter. He can debate Colby, but I view it the same way as Snoop and Colby debating. It has nothing to do with MMA.

EVERYTHING is RACIST to everyone nowadays, especially the left every god damn thing is an ISM to them.

I HOPE COLBY beats Tyrone cause maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan the racism bullshit will turn up 100000000000 percent win or lose lol

It's called moral posturing, and it's how they argue. If they can position themselves on the moral high ground, then your argument doesn't matter, because they are morally superior to you. If they can't raise themselves above you, they try to sink you below them. This is where the "isms" come in. Very few political debates remain about the issue, or policy; the vast majority are rapidly altered to be about who is morally superior. It's especially stupid when it comes to things like economics, where morality should have no say.

Colby is disgusting but nothing he wrote in those tweets is racist. Being a Trump supporter often goes hand in hand with being an idiot and a racist but I don't think Colby is, he's just putting on a poor man's McGregor act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsalaanx
Back