Clinton didn't win because she was a woman.

Funnily enough, I think her gender played a big role in the minority turnout/surprising support for Trump, that might have put him over the top.

She lost because Republicans and Democrats have vile and often true stereotypes, that were and still are both pandered to and vilified.

Both sucked. Has nothing to do with gender.

I'm consistently amazed at just how bad Trump is. There is no rock bottom with him. So I'm also consistently bewildered by the fact that he won - and I'm convinced it was simply because he was running against a women..

OH Jesus.

It has shit to do with sexism, I know most of you came in here with raging anti SJW boners. Sad, this isn't your thread.

Says it has nothing to do with sexism, goes on to explain how it had everything to do with sexism.

Rather, because Clinton is a woman, her character transgressions weren't capable of being overshadowed by a "hero" mythos, a decidedly masculine narrative.

Totally. You nailed it. Probably had nothing to do with the fact that she's been seen as massively dislikable for the 35+ years she's been in the public eye, on top of the fact that she could never really come up with a reason as to why she was running or what she planned to achomplish.

I'm talking about optics here. Witness how despite Trump being a complete dumb Fuck, he was still presented as a strong businessman. That was the hero mythos working in his favor.

Trump despite not being a very good politician, is hardly a dumb person. This is what amazes me about the Left. Rants and raves about nonsense, then sticks with nonsensical arguments like "Trump is dumb" to double down on thier nonsense.

Whereas Clinton's image was shackled with a different, negative mythos, the Western Witch.

Probably because she's done literally every single thing she could during a lifetime in the public eye to create just that image.

Literally any male could have ran against Clinton and won.

I mean..... Bernie Sanders and Martin O'Malley couldn't have, but let's not let facts, logic, rational thought or even what actually happened here in reality interupt our virtue signaling.

I'm consistently amazed at just how bad Trump is. There is no rock bottom with him. So I'm also consistently bewildered by the fact that he won - and I'm convinced it was simply because he was running against a women.

I think that was a part of it but i think there was a large segment of the population that wanted to just say fuck you and fuck this and voted for trump. Just to piss people off.

She lost because she didn't convince enough white trash in the middle of the country and Trump took advantage of that lack of effort

I think she lost because she considered Americans in the middle of the country to be white trash who were not worth her effort.

Trump was easily beatable in the general election by anyone who didn't disdain half of America.

That's interesting because I found female Trump's statements as incoherent as male Trump's. And male Clinton sounds as scripted and fake as female Clinton.

The difference for me remained pretty much the same, I don't think Trump knows what he/she's talking about and Clinton isn't genuine.
So, literally like the South Park episode? :p

Regardless of what you think of Trump, at the time of the campaign he had actually achieved something in his life. It's no mean feat to become a billionaire. Clinton had literally achieved nothing except marry a future president and being lifted into politics to become a horrible senator and the worst SoS in the history of the U.S.

She was the chair of the Legal Services Corporation, a partner at an extremely prestigious law firm (obviously after having acquired a Yale law degree, and before that had been the first student commencement speaker in Wellesley history and generally a national figure as a student), was published in the Harvard Educational Review, was on the impeachment inquiry staff advising the House on Nixon, law professor, etc. She was highly accomplished before going into politics. Twice named by the National Law Journal one of the top 100 most influential lawyers in the country. And I bet you couldn't even name 15 previous SoSes without Googling it, much less provide any intelligent ranking of them. She's the "worst ever!" only because you're a raging partisan nutter.

In a really close race like 2016, it's silly to claim that the main reason a person lost is about mythological archetypes.

Did we just agree on something....?

clint_eastwood1_large.jpg

She was the chair of the Legal Services Corporation, a partner at an extremely prestigious law firm (obviously after having acquired a Yale law degree, and before that had been the first student commencement speaker in Wellesley history and generally a national figure as a student), was published in the Harvard Educational Review, was on the impeachment inquiry staff advising the House on Nixon, law professor, etc. She was highly accomplished before going into politics. Twice named by the National Law Journal one of the top 100 most influential lawyers in the country. And I bet you couldn't even name 15 previous SoSes without Googling it, much less provide any intelligent ranking of them. She's the "worst ever!" only because you're a raging partisan nutter.

doubt you could either, you're just a hillary fan

I think she lost because she considered Americans in the middle of the country to be white trash who were not worth her effort.

Trump was easily beatable in the general election by anyone who didn't disdain half of America.

This. Call millions of Americans a, "basket of Deplorables" who do you think they are going to vote for on election day?:rolleyes:

Funnily enough, I think her gender played a big role in the minority turnout/surprising support for Trump, that might have put him over the top.
Now this is an interesting question. What minorities do you mean? Hispanic culture is something I don't understand well enough to speculate, but in the black community, women are quite powerful.

Didn't all the Trump supporters cheer on Le Pen just a few months later?
Why wouldn't they? She's literally the only party leader in France who doesn't think that it's a great idea to flood the country with analphabets and war criminals with an average IQ of 70. I am amazed and appalled that the French people voted to keep destroying the country.

ONT: Clinton lost because she's a corrupt whore. Trump isn't a great president but he is less bad than Hillary by a wide margin.

"I'm with her" was about as bad as "Ross for boss". o_O Companies spend yuuge cas on researching memorable and meaningful slogans. Her best amounted to vote vagina...?

Not saying that's the reason she lost btw. But it was an ineffective means of communicating her message of, err, what difference does it make if deplorable cellphones aren't hammer resistant. Or something.

Just so there's no misunderstanding that I come at my dislike for Hillary from a misogynistic point of view - I would take her over our Canadian moron Trudeau to lead my nation.

It was better than "Ready for Hillary!?"

I believe that was her campaign slogan for a short time.

This. Call millions of Americans a, "basket of Deplorables" who do you think they are going to vote for on election day?:rolleyes:
How in the blue fuck did she think that was a good idea? Seriously.

It was better than "Ready for Hillary!?"

I believe that was her campaign slogan for a short time.
That's also an empty slogan. The only thing it says is the candidate is a woman, and in a way twists your arm to be a good little egalitarian and vote for vagina just because we haven't had one of those in power yet.

On second thought, it is better than ready for Hillary.

Back