Cliff jumpers

I've gone cliff jumping into water a few times this summer. Many times throughout life. Just this last weekend dove from around 30 feet, at a new spot my buddy showed me. I'll hit back flips from that height too. Good times.

But I did once flop on a gainer in front of mad people. It was embarrassing. Actually heard a women scream right before I hit the water lol.

Lots of times. To be honest it's fun at first, but the it wore out pretty quick. Having water go up your nose, and the initial splash may not be painful, but it's not comfortable either. Guess I just got old.

I quit all together after I jumped off a 60 cliff and the ruptured an ear drum when I hit the water.

I did a 40 ft cliff in Costa Rica on my honeymoon. Didn't quite land right so it hurt but it was a rush.

whats it like when you land?
how high can somone safely jump into water withoit getting hurt?
whats it like when you land?
how high can somone safely jump into water withoit getting hurt?
You can jump in from hundreds of feet. Theres videos of people doing it. You just got to land right which is feet first or hands first and your body must always be vertical, not horizontal. As for how it was, you jump, feel your velocity pick up, hear nothing but wind rapidly blowing in your ear, and splash, youre in. It all happens quickly

You can jump in from hundreds of feet. Theres videos of people doing it. You just got to land right which is feet first or hands first and your body must always be vertical, not horizontal. As for how it was, you jump, feel your velocity pick up, hear nothing but wind rapidly blowing in your ear, and splash, youre in. It all happens quickly
is it a hard splash? does it hurt?

these kids are dbags, but this looks hella fun

This guy actually has a really cool channel. Dudes just fly around everywhere cliff jumping. Crazy mofos.

Used to do it quite a bit in my younger days. One cliff was easily 50ft, maybe more like 70 or 80 (who knows really)...that was a rush.

These days, I have an issue with water getting in my nose whenever I jump in from any height at all. Never used to happen at all, now I can count of 4 days of pure congestion if I don't plug my nose going in. I used to laugh at pussies like me.

is it a hard splash? does it hurt?
You seem like one of those guys who thinks too much. Just DO IT FRANKENSTEIN!!! DO IT!! JUMP!!!! Where do you live? Ill come personally assure you jump bro.

It doesn't hurt at all, and the world record is 220 ft. This dude did it in Switzerland, he had safety equipment like a helmet on and jumped off of a man made ramp.

I hear the real record is around 300 ft, from this girl who attempted suicide and survived. ha...ha yeah not funny but true story I think

Surprised me how much force there was diving from ~40 ft. It was a bit of a bonk on the head, and felt like it would tear my shoulders out. Good fun though, used to deep water solo climb a bit too (never fell from very high thankfully). Eardrums are a precious resource, etc.

Lots of times. To be honest it's fun at first, but the it wore out pretty quick. Having water go up your nose, and the initial splash may not be painful, but it's not comfortable either. Guess I just got old.

I quit all together after I jumped off a 60 cliff and the ruptured an ear drum when I hit the water.
curious, how did you rupture an ear drum? you must have landed wrong. Did you make a mistake?

big_1435518846_image.jpg

My dumb drunk friend jumped from the top of this bridge and belly flopped. He KO'd himself and we had to rescue him. lol

cliff jumping is for girls.
have you tried jumping from a plane at 25k feet into a net with no parachute? now that's alpha.

Cliffhanging is more badass, just ask Gabe Walker.

I did a 60 foot climb once. I was little, so I didn't display any of the reasonable fear that you'd expect from an adult with a little common sense.

No way is someone jumping into a body of water from hundreds of feet. You'd break your leg on impact with the water. Newton's Third Law is a motherfucker...

That's great, but it's no reason to shit on the two others that didn't jump.

It's a piss poor and very immature attitude to have towards this stuff.

And if you bring that attitude around other adrenaline seekers, sooner rather than later you're gonna find out pretty quick who the real bitch is.
Hey big man in the room, nowhere did i shit on somebody for not jumping. I used two examples as to how jumping can scare people. I didnt call them pussies or anything. In fact i encouraged one of them to jump, he even thanked me.

You knew that though. Youre the big man! The miserable guy that looks for negativity everywhere even if he has to twist what people say.

Sure shits fun, but I am not going to be an idiot and jump into something I am not familiar with.

Hey big man in the room, nowhere did i shit on somebody for not jumping. I used two examples as to how jumping can scare people. I didnt call them pussies or anything. In fact i encouraged one of them to jump, he even thanked me.

You knew that though. Youre the big man! The miserable guy that looks for negativity everywhere even if he has to twist what people say.

By all means, explain the positivity I missed in this

This grown man was too scared to jump after me. this teenage kid took like an hour to jump, only to jump after constant reassurance from his family and friends.

People stay in their little comfortable bubbles distracting themselves from a truly miserable life.

I jumped out of a plane once. It was like 6 years ago. It was either 12500 or 14000 feet. I think they gave me an option.

Cliff diving can get you injured. You cats are crazy so close to rocks and the ground.

I jumped off a cliff which i think was about 30 ft into this nice clear pool area which was part of a creek. You gotta overcome the negative thoughts of breaking your leg and shit, plus the excuses your mind comes up with. Its a split second of falling very fast, then splash!! You feel awesome, and people smile at you cause you showed balls. This grown man was too scared to jump after me. this teenage kid took like an hour to jump, only to jump after constant reassurance from his family and friends.

Alot of people go thier whole lives not taking risks, or doing things that are scary. People stay in their little comfortable bubbles distracting themselves from a truly miserable life. I am refusing living like that. I hope some of you are too.

So.. any thrill seeking, cliff jumpers here? Now that i did 30,im scopin out this 60 ft waterfall i heard about in CA. It scares the crap out of me, but thats the point!

do you wear Tapout shirts and end a lot of sentences with 'bro'?

Back