Cleto Reyes imported from Mexico?

yeah the guys cool.. and you will diff like the quality and fit of the glove.. your sparring partner wont like them though lol

Which is why I got yellow 18oz'ers. Even though they're Reyes, he'd look like a complete pussy complaining about yellow 18oz gloves. lol

The only thing that sucks is the gloves were not in stock and had to be ordered. He said they'd take 6 weeks to be handmade, so it'll be a while before I see 'em. I guess I could've gone for the more readily available 16oz'ers, but I was in the market for 18s.

Damn, check out this UK site: WBCME, Cleto Reyes, WBC, Boxing Gloves, Championship Belts, Boxing Equipment, Boxing Supplies.

They are an official distributor of Cleto Reyes, and from the looks of it they carry the Mexican market gloves (I could be wrong, but they look very similar based on the pics) including the hook-n-loop version that Ringside doesn't carry. But bear in mind the prices are in British pounds, so the gloves are almost twice the price of the ones on Ringside! Practically the same price as Winning gloves. Yikes.

extremely silly question, but it pertains exactly to my future cleto purchase, what's the standard glove size for a professional contest? Is it 8oz or 10oz? Or either or? I'd like a pair of cletos for competition(so I don't get chased out the gym for using them in spars) but forgot the standard size.

extremely silly question, but it pertains exactly to my future cleto purchase, what's the standard glove size for a professional contest? Is it 8oz or 10oz? Or either or? I'd like a pair of cletos for competition(so I don't get chased out the gym for using them in spars) but forgot the standard size.

It depends where you fight. In Nevada, I think its 10oz for 135 and above. Its 8 oz for lower weightclasses. Some places might let you where 8s for bigger fighters. Its not that hard to look the athletic comission rules for your state.

^Once again thanks for the answers guys, I know you're probably like "this stupid jackass" but I like knowing as much as possible before starting anything.

SO has anyone tried both the authentic "Mexican" Cleto Reyes and the Ringside Cleto Reyes? I have seen the pics and they look very different and I know they are not the same because I talked to a Ringside manager and questioned him and I was told that the ones distributed to RIngside are made to their qualifications and are adjusted to their standards, making them very different gloves that just have the Cleto Reyes name essentially.

i bought a pair of 12oz cletos from pitbullgear about 4 months ago. it was a really smooth transaction. couple things to note: if he says it will take six weeks it will usually be four or less. i got mine in 3 1/2 and my friend got his in about 4. Another thing is that the gloves are actually 2.5 to 2.75 oz heavier than expected. my 12 oz gloves actually weighed 14.7 oz and my friends 16 oz gloves were approx. 18.6oz. Not sure why, but the wrist strap is very heavy duty (btw i bout the laces with a velcro strap style glove). I also just picked up a pair of winning gloves from their american location in socal. i bought a pair of 10oz and they actually weighed like 9.95oz or something like that. I was very impressed with accuracy of the weight. i also ordered it at like midnight on a tuesday and it was at my house by friday (i live in sacramento so the shipping distance was only like 400 miles or so), but still very impressive. the only odd thing about the site is that you cant review your order like most american websites. so i emailed the company and the owner gave me a tracking number to follow my package through usps.com. anyways, i'm very satisfied with both gloves and will be purchasing again from both companys.

peace

hey crossdx, so you mentioned you got the yellow ones from him? could you please put some pics up of them? I always wanted to see how the yellow ones looked like from him as he gets the authentic ones

hey crossdx, so you mentioned you got the yellow ones from him? could you please put some pics up of them? I always wanted to see how the yellow ones looked like from him as he gets the authentic ones

Ah crap, my grammar slipped up on that first sentence, sorry about that. I meant to say I was going to get a pair of yellow 18oz'ers. I had just ordered them prior to posting that.

mfugee1234 said:
i bought a pair of 12oz cletos from pitbullgear about 4 months ago. it was a really smooth transaction. couple things to note: if he says it will take six weeks it will usually be four or less. i got mine in 3 1/2 and my friend got his in about 4. Another thing is that the gloves are actually 2.5 to 2.75 oz heavier than expected. my 12 oz gloves actually weighed 14.7 oz and my friends 16 oz gloves were approx. 18.6oz. Not sure why, but the wrist strap is very heavy duty (btw i bout the laces with a velcro strap style glove). I also just picked up a pair of winning gloves from their american location in socal. i bought a pair of 10oz and they actually weighed like 9.95oz or something like that. I was very impressed with accuracy of the weight. i also ordered it at like midnight on a tuesday and it was at my house by friday (i live in sacramento so the shipping distance was only like 400 miles or so), but still very impressive. the only odd thing about the site is that you cant review your order like most american websites. so i emailed the company and the owner gave me a tracking number to follow my package through usps.com. anyways, i'm very satisfied with both gloves and will be purchasing again from both companys.

peace
Thanks, it's nice to know I might get them sooner than I thought. And thanks for the info on your experience ordering Winning gloves too. I'm getting the lace up Cleto's without the hook-n-loop velcro closure. Maybe the velcro strap is what makes the gloves slightly heavier? That'd be my guess.

I don't think so. I got the Cleto Reyes from RIngside (stay away) and they felt heavier than 16 oz even though they were 16 oz. I think its cause the mexican style of the glove has so much compact padding in the glove so its closer to your hand and they can fit alot more padding into the same boxing glove size so they probably just add in more for the hell of it. that means you are getting a deal if its smaller than the actual size but weighs more. I feel the winning may be a bit lighter because it is the complete opposite of the reyes, as the padding is fluffy and distributed further around so there is less space for more padding so thus, lighte glove for the physical size and oz weight. I have had the winning gloves for about 1 year and I should do a review on them

I don't think so. I got the Cleto Reyes from RIngside (stay away) and they felt heavier than 16 oz even though they were 16 oz. I think its cause the mexican style of the glove has so much compact padding in the glove so its closer to your hand and they can fit alot more padding into the same boxing glove size so they probably just add in more for the hell of it. that means you are getting a deal if its smaller than the actual size but weighs more. I feel the winning may be a bit lighter because it is the complete opposite of the reyes, as the padding is fluffy and distributed further around so there is less space for more padding so thus, lighte glove for the physical size and oz weight. I have had the winning gloves for about 1 year and I should do a review on them

thats true. i put my 12 oz cleto (technically 14.7...) side by side to my 10 oz winning and the length of the padding above the knuckles is very much the same; but the density is very much different. the winning really has a pillow like protection. and for anyone that is thinking about getting a pair, they fit much tighter than any other glove i've used. i cant wrap my hand to the extent i usually do (with the 180 inch wraps). And my hand is medium sized, whatever that means.

peace

Im getting a pair of white w/laces and strap 16oz. Hopefully it will get here by friday.

They are going to be for sparring. Now simma down na, Im 135 lbs and my fist is 3.5x3.5 inches. So I think that is more than enough. Well soon see anyway...

If it isnt I can always get another winning glove, or try out that ultimate classic training glove, which I think may be on par with the reyes or grants. They just dont look as pretty and dont have the huge name. If I had to guess, they are manufactured by Legacy Boxing for ringside.

Ill give a pre-review when I receive them, and longer term comparison w/my winnings which as of right now, are second to none. You can bang all day with those things...

man, I feel bad about my Winnings cause I only had them for about a year. THey are white but now turned brownish/blackish and the padding is quite starting to get jacked and I did spend good money on them. has anyone tried Grant gloves? Not the Campeon line but the pro line

man, I feel bad about my Winnings cause I only had them for about a year. THey are white but now turned brownish/blackish and the padding is quite starting to get jacked and I did spend good money on them. has anyone tried Grant gloves? Not the Campeon line but the pro line

That's the downside to getting white gloves that you're gonna be using mainly for bag and padwork. I'm a bit suprised to hear about the padding getting jacked though, I thought Winning would have great durability in that area.

I almost went with Grant over Reyes initially, because I read in some threads that they were better for sparring, but eventually went with Reyes 18oz because for the most part I've heard Reyes > Grant, plus I heard Reyes had the tightest hand compartment, another selling point for me. Speaking of which, I'm also suprised to hear Winning has a tighter hand compartment, according to mfugee1234's last post. I guess I got the impression it wasn't tight by looking at the gloves.

well the Winnings are durable but I just used it for lots of rounds of bag and padwork for 4-6 days a weeks for nearly a year so as the padding is fine, I feel almost like I have somewhat rearranged it from its orginal state, not damaging it quite yet. btw, its just on the right hand, the left hand glove is fine

Back