Clean shoulder pain

Chaseg1520

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I haven't been doing cleans for too long and whenever I practice them I use a moderately easy weight just for form... but I keep having a stinging or burning type pain in my shoulders on the catch... is this a signal of something specifically wrong with my form? Sorry no video....

It's going to be hard for anyone to give you good advice without more detail. Where in you shoulder does it hurt? Is it your dominant or non-dominant arm? Did you play baseball growing up? Is your clean form self-taught?

No video and totally vague description of the pain.

Survey says:

Red-x.jpg

unfortunately it is self-taught, I did play baseball till about age 13?, and it is in both shoulders more towards the front... if that helps?

Chase...we get it.. your an ass... get outa my thread and go learn what a suitcase dead is before posting vids of it...

unfortunately it is self-taught, I did play baseball till about age 13?, and it is in both shoulders more towards the front... if that helps?

I wasn't asking about sports in general. Just baseball. Some kids tear their RC's up playing baseball. Basketball just makes you tall.

Is it an aching pain that seems to come from inside the shoulder joints or does it feel like it's in the outer muscles?

Great Take's here...

Here comes the "B0rt is finally helping someone" comment.

Yeah it is def. an aching/burning inside the joints toward the front... maybe I am not shrugging it straight up my body enough? Maybe to far in front?

I'm not a doctor, but your RC's are fucked. Start taking Cissus with Vitamin C 2x a day and find, watch, and implement the diesel crew shoulder rehab videos into your routine.

Stop cleaning, rowing, oh pressing, benching, and anything else that bothers your shoulders until they don't hurt anymore.

+1 on the Diesel Crew rehab videos. I use them with every upper body workout.

I'm not a doctor, but your RC's are fucked. Start taking Cissus with Vitamin C 2x a day and find, watch, and implement the diesel crew shoulder rehab videos into your routine.

Stop cleaning, rowing, oh pressing, benching, and anything else that bothers your shoulders until they don't hurt anymore.

... that doesn't sound good... anyways, only cleaning hurts the shoulders so I will def stop doing that...

I'm cyclical. Like the warming and cooling of the earth.

Yeah it is def. an aching/burning inside the joints toward the front... maybe I am not shrugging it straight up my body enough? Maybe to far in front?

When you catch the weight at the top, are your arms taking the load, or is the bar laying across your shoulders/clavicle in front squat posistion?

umm... I think my arms may being taking too much of the load for sure... I guess I need to work on that a lot more...

umm... I think my arms may being taking too much of the load for sure... I guess I need to work on that a lot more...

Watch some of the "pros" do it. Their arms aren't supporting any of the weight in the catch position. Their finger tips are touching, but that's it. If you're catching the load with your arms, you're feeding all that force into your shoulder joint. In short...don't do dat.

Back