clean/jerk form check

Chaseg1520

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I had made a post about shoulder pain on my clean but since I took Bacon's advice I have zero shoulder pain, but I figure I may as well post a form vid anyways. I know that this is an easy weight for me and that poor form would be more likely with heavy weight but I wanted to check it with lighter weight first... I realize it is tilted but I only had my camera phone at the time so I apologize...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aEmKXvNC9wQ"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aEmKXvNC9wQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Good path of the bar.
That's all I can say.

I am not a Weightlifter, so my knowledge is limited, but that looks like an excellent powerclean and jerk to me.

If you practice the form, you could full clean a shit ton more.

nice job though. didn't mean to sound like an ass. I'm new to it as well so I would like to hear what people have to say as well.

I think your comment was accurate, if you start with your ass that high you can't get proper hip extension on the second pull.

(Oly lifters, I knew what I was trying to say, it may have come out wrong)

nice job though. didn't mean to sound like an ass. I'm new to it as well so I would like to hear what people have to say as well.

lol I know you weren't being an ass... I am self-taught so ANY tips are helpful so I appreciate it!

Looked really good to me. Now you just have to full clean it. Or have the same success with heavier weight.

lol I know you weren't being an ass... I am self-taught so ANY tips are helpful so I appreciate it!

your form needs to be tighter. you bring the bar a little higher than your shoulders than you need to. wow that was a bad sentence.

squat clean ftw. And you need to practice your jerks, you should land in a karate front stance.

drop the hips and on the jerk, stabilize the clean and hold your hold body still for a second and then explode into the split and push up and back if you catch my meaning

all sounds good... well at least my starting form seems to be good then... just gotta tighten a few things up...

Looks decent, I'd bend your back leg a bit more in the jerk (should make it a bit more stable)

The jerk looked better than the power clean. You pulled in one motion from the floor. You will be able to clean more if you learn the double knee bend. Deadlift the bar to above the knees, rebend the knees slightly, and THEN explode. It looks like one movement when skilled lifters do it because its done so fast, but its two different movements. The bar should graze your thigh on the way up. It stayed way to far out in front of you. The best way to get a feel for the correct second pull position is to do hang cleans. Then its just a matter of deadlifting the bar to the hang clean position.

thanks for the vid JPC... I can definitely see the 2 steps thanks

Back