Claudia Gadelha is now a 1st degree black belt

Darwinambrosius

Thought you had a friend, boy?
@Black
Reaction score
t7c8Rl8.jpg

A graduação significa, além do aprendizado, toda uma renúncia em busca de um objetivo, significa disciplina, foco, vontade e se resume numa filosofia de vida, a qual você escolhe para viver. Hoje recebo das mãos do Mestre @jairlourencoknu meu primeiro grau na faixa preta e agradeço por todo conhecimento adquirido. Muitas vidas foram transformadas dentro desta academia, a minha foi uma delas. Kimura Nova União... Ossss || Graduation means, beyond learning a whole resignation in pursuit of a goal, means discipline, focus, and will be summarized in a philosophy of life, which you choose to live. Today I receive from the hands of Master @jairlourencoknu my first degree in my black belt and I'm thankful for all the knowledge acquired. Many lives have been changed within this academy, mine was one of them. Kimura Nova Uniao ... Ossss

#teamgadelha #kimuranovauniao #knu #mma #bjj #bjjgirl #novauniao #blackbelt #bjjblackbelt #claudiagadelhamma #kvra #kvraco #somostodoskvra #ufc #strawweight
From her Facebook

Best female grappler in the UFC? Or would ronda take her arm home?

What rule set? I'm not sure how Ronda would do under a BJJ-oriented set of rules, but it would be cool to see.

Claudia and Jessica Penne would be interesting though.

Gotta love the side ponytail.

Claudia is an averaged sized 115lber while ronda is a huge 135er (there would be a good 25 to 30lb difference ).

BJJ rule set would be interesting

Claudia is an averaged sized 115lber while ronda is a huge 135er (there would be a good 25 to 30lb difference ).

BJJ rule set would be interesting

Averaged sized? That's not true at all. Claudia is one of, if not the biggest in the division and cuts a lot of weight to make 115.

BJJ as a community need to assure that our elders and pioneers are not discriminated against simply due to their sex. We don't want a Keiko Fukuda situation in bjj.

What rule set? I'm not sure how Ronda would do under a BJJ-oriented set of rules, but it would be cool to see.

Claudia and Jessica Penne would be interesting though.

Ronda would be fine in a BJJ setting. SHe's a tosser who hunts submissions.

I would definitely like to see how Ronda deals with open guard, though. She's an olympian with tons of experience, doubt the BJJ ruleset would faze her at all

I think Ronda would get tapped by claudia or someone like mackenzie in a
Bjj match. Mma is a different story tho. Ronda's striking is getting better, but I think claudia stands the best chance of going the distance against her in a fight.

Ronda would be well prepared for whatever match she appears in. Period.

Trains 1 year, gets KTFO by Ronda, and gets a black belt. lmao

Claudia could likely put Ronda on her back, especially with her wrestling takedowns that are pretty strong. Most Nova Uniao BJJ fighters are nothing less than proficient at takedowns and striking like many others.

If she were the same size as Ronda she would decimate her

Claudia could likely put Ronda on her back, especially with her wrestling takedowns that are pretty strong. Most Nova Uniao BJJ fighters are nothing less than proficient at takedowns and striking like many others.

If she were the same size as Ronda she would decimate her

Lol, just no. Claudia had a time getting JJ to the ground and did nothing when she did. There is absolutely no way claudia ever takes down Ronda. You have seen Ronda and Claudia fight in the UFC, correct?

Trains 1 year, gets KTFO by Ronda, and gets a black belt. lmao

Go back to the heavies, Queen. You're drunk.

You have seen Ronda and Claudia fight in the UFC, correct?

Incorrect.

I would definitely like to see how Ronda deals with open guard, though.
If you watch the second Tate fight, you can see Ronda try to pass the guard repeatedly. It didn't go well. Watch her guard passing at 2:50 and 8:10.

She's an olympian with tons of experience, doubt the BJJ ruleset would faze her at all

Travis Stevens is an olympian with tons of experience, and he couldn't beat Paulo Miyao with a 50 pound weight advantage.

cool story too bad Ronda will still take her arm from her

I think Ronda would get tapped by claudia or someone like mackenzie in a
Bjj match. Mma is a different story tho. Ronda's striking is getting better, but I think claudia stands the best chance of going the distance against her in a fight.

Ronda would last a helluva lot longer in a BJJ match than mackenzie would last in an MMA match, I can guarantee you that. That being said, I've often wondered why some of Rousey's opponents don't pull guard as a tactic-- pulling guard would minimize the transitions and counter-counters that make Rousey so dominant, and it would force her to engage in grappling positions that she is less comfortable in.

Congrats to her.

I don't know what the big deal is for stripes on a black belt - aside from the 2nd degree where you're allowed to promote others to black belt. Stripes at black is time served. A 3 stripe black belt doesn't mean you're better then a 1 stripe black belt. At some point it just means you're old. lol

Back