Claudia Gadelha is now a 1st degree black belt

Alexis Davis isn't the most talented bb, I don't rate her very highly. She wouldn't win adcc or worlds.

Gomes got tapped by evinger, that's all that needs to be said there.

Obviously claudias a better grappler than tate/zingano. She's Brazilian and neither taste/zingano are highly ranked in bjj as they come from wrestling backgrounds. I compared her to mackenzie because she's the only active female bjj competitor I know (Hillary's retired right?)

Obviously claudias a better grappler than tate/zingano. She's Brazilian and neither taste/zingano are highly ranked in bjj as they come from wrestling backgrounds.

Pure grappling probably yes (although not certainly considering non-BJJ purists like Barnett, Kerr and inexperienced Weidman have had success in pure grappling), MMA grappling there is no great evidence either way. 'She's Brazilian' is really poor logic though considering Gomes is also Brazilian and evidence that the belt color alone doesn't mean much.

It's kind of nuts you were rating her above Tate/Zingano without knowing she was a champion and just on the basis of her black belt.

If you actually mean MMA grappling, then you're seriously overrating out of MMA credentials as guys like Jon Jones have good arguments for being best MMA grappler without much in the way of BJJ creds. It's like saying Hunt is 'obviously' a better striker than JDS or Roger Gracie is 'obviously' a better grappler than Tim Kennedy.

Pure grappling probably yes (although not certainly considering non-BJJ purists like Barnett, Kerr and inexperienced Weidman have had success in pure grappling), MMA grappling there is no great evidence either way. 'She's Brazilian' is really poor logic though considering Gomes is also Brazilian and evidence that the belt color alone doesn't mean much.

It's kind of nuts you were rating her above Tate/Zingano without knowing she was a champion and just on the basis of her black belt.

If you actually mean MMA grappling, then you're seriously overrating out of MMA credentials as guys like Jon Jones have good arguments for being best MMA grappler without much in the way of BJJ creds. It's like saying Hunt is 'obviously' a better striker than JDS or Roger Gracie is 'obviously' a better grappler than Tim Kennedy.

You're going way off track here so I'm going to stick to the part that matters. Of course I thought she was better than tate/zingano. She got her bb from nova uniao.

I had no idea about her comp record because I don't watch bjj anymore.

You could argue hunt is a better striker than jds, but I don't think you could argue Kennedy is better at grappling than roger due to an mma fight that ended in a dec.

You're going way off track here so I'm going to stick to the part that matters. Of course I thought she was better than tate/zingano. She got her bb from nova uniao.

I had no idea about her comp record because I don't watch bjj anymore.

You could argue hunt is a better striker than jds, but I don't think you could argue Kennedy is better at grappling than roger due to an mma fight that ended in a dec.

So you thought she was better based on a belt without knowing she had any accomplishments in competition... yeah that's nuts.

You could argue Kennedy is a better MMA grappler which is the whole distinction I'm trying to make.

How's that nuts? Claudia's a young fighter, she obviously didn't get her belt due to time served. Just because I didn't know her comp record doesn't mean I thought she'd never competed before.

If Kennedy out grappled roger during the mma fight he'd be a better mma grappler. I don't think he out grappled him tho.

Roger actually took down Tim easily and was chilling on his back in the first round. Then was half dead in the next too rounds due to being completly and utterly shit at weight cutting. He could have been armbarred by Ronda Rousey if Tim tagged her in the third round.

Back