1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Ciryl Gane new sparing partner against Volkov.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by KillaZs, Apr 12, 2021.

1. KillaZs Karlos "The MASTURBATOR" Vemola

Slovakian Fighter "Tomas Mozny" is gonna help Cyril gane against Volkov. ( He declassified it to czech medias in interview)
    He is around same height 6"7 and fights in glory. http://www.glorykickboxing.com/fighters/tomas-mozny:d72a2076-f7b9-42db-9075-35e145d901a5
    That is smart move.
    Btw Tomas Mozny trains in slovakian Spartakus fight gym in Trnava (same gym as Klein or Martin Buday - potentionally the new UFC HW soon.)

Here is fight with Daniel Skvor - guy who just recently went into mma, he lost in his debut, however its a hard man.
    “Oslovil mě Fernando Lopez, což he hlavní trenér gymu MMA Factory Paris, kde se připravuje i Ciryl Gane (donedávna i Francis Ngannou). Přišla mi zpráva, jestli bych nemohl pomoct Cirylovi v přípravě na 2 měsíce. Já však na 2 měsíce nemohu odejít, ale na pár týdnů bych mohl. Řešíme letenky a další věci… Viděl jsem, že jde s Volkovem, takže mi je jasné, proč si vybrali zrovna mě. Volkov má také tuším přes 2 metry, takže potřebují nějakého vysokého postojář

Translation of his words:

" I got called by Fernando Lopez, thats a head coach of MMA Factory Paris, where is preparing Ciryl Gane and until recently also Francis Ngannou. I got a message, if I cannot help Ciryl in preparation for 2 months. I canno´t help him for 2 months, however for few weeks I can come. We are solving fly tickets and other things. I saw he goes with Volkov, so Im sure, why they chose exactly me. Volkov has also around 2 meters (6"7), so they need some tall stand upper."

On his instagram he also added " Its a big glory for me to be chosen by them”

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
  2. Jean-MMA Green Belt

Curious to know how much is a sparring partner of this caliber

SouthSide971 and mxer31 like this.
  3. MartiniSIDe Purple Belt

At our gym, when we get guys of this caliber, it always depend on hotel, food and everything. Normally, it's around tree fiddy.

4. KillaZs Karlos "The MASTURBATOR" Vemola

Yep he said he is happy they choose him. At the end of the day its a training for him too. Daily routine with good sparings.

5. Sonny Qc 86,425 Likes

Champagne Room of a Stripclub, Eating Arse.
    Smart, Gane seem to have a great camp tbh.

6. The Chosen Black Belt

I really want Gane to take this, he’ll probably be in a top contender spot if he wins. Gane vs Ngannou needs to happen

7. Zebra Cheeks Sweet Cheeks Staff Member Senior Moderator

I think this has potential to be a fantastic fight.

r-harper-1, lsa and Safton like this.
  8. Jean-MMA Green Belt

Tbh MMA Factory doesn't get enough credit with what they done with Big Franck. When Luke Thomas asked Erick Nicksen after Stipe 2 how much did they need to train Francis, he told that MMA Factory did a hell of a good job and the skills was already there. Xtreme couture done just a few adjustment.

Celeron, Goldentrophy and jjresq like this.
  9. KillaZs Karlos "The MASTURBATOR" Vemola

Lmao, imagine the motivation to beat Francis as former Francis trainer, they had some beef also lmao. Thats gonna be so ***** personal shit if Gane Ngannou happens. :D :D :D

10. Jean-MMA Green Belt

Franck and Bon Gamin already said that's they are in good term. They're not friend but they respect each other and no beef between them.

Ares Black and Ironnik94 like this.
  11. KillaZs Karlos "The MASTURBATOR" Vemola

Everyone would say that into media to look good, the emotions are still there trust me. They created him and if you think they aren´t angry another gym just took him and now they will make free fat paychecks you crazy lol.

Goldentrophy and The Chosen like this.
  12. Jean-MMA Green Belt

I agree 100% but Gane doesn't give one flying fuck ,but yeah Fernand Lopez and the others are still mad

Goldentrophy likes this.
  13. youllneverwalkalone Brown Belt

I think the former coach (and maybe to a lesser degree Francis) is the one with the bad blood. Gane really sounds like he doesn't give af and he is cool with Francis - which is good because he will definitely need his wits about him when they fight.

Pepy likes this.
  14. KillaZs Karlos "The MASTURBATOR" Vemola

Well, Gane can be cool with Francis, but if coaches are pissed off, because of Francis there is gonna always be the deeper motivation defeating him and make your coaches proud. They spend together practically more than with their families.

omawho402 likes this.
  15. cenksinan Green Belt

i was thinking the same for rozenstruik fight but he managed to make that fight kinda boring.and he was content with that.which makes me not too excited for this one.very likely its going to be a grappling-heavy fight.

16. spinup Brown Belt

No, I am pretty sure this stays on the feet. Gane's coach knows very well that Volkov is too experienced on the ground (he neutralized Werdum and Blaydes) to waste time trying. Gane is not an elite grappler, even if he knows some fancy tricks to use against lower skiller opponents.
    And Volkov is not a take down artist, unlikely he gets it to the ground.

On the other hand, Volkov's stand up is far from perfect defensively, Gane will look to exploit that.

Emporio Alnino likes this.
  17. Dionysus White Belt

Volkov honestly looks way taller than 6'7". Look at him next to Struve

UFCIsNOTRigged and SouthSide971 like this.
  18. Slatersan Black Belt

Gane has serious potential and comes off like a real pro athlete. Hopefully him and Francis start taking heavyweight to the next level.

19. Versez White Belt

Fernand learned a lot from his journey with NGannou, he doesent want history ti repeat itself, he really want to care of Gane.

20. Kvothe_the_kingkiller Brown Belt

Smart.

Training for Volkov will be easier than training for Gane. It's hard to find 6 and a half foot guys with that good of footwork. For Volkov it's just, find something with seriously strong fundamentals.