Ciryl Gane new sparing partner against Volkov.

No, I am pretty sure this stays on the feet. Gane's coach knows very well that Volkov is too experienced on the ground (he neutralized Werdum and Blaydes) to waste time trying. Gane is not an elite grappler, even if he knows some fancy tricks to use against lower skiller opponents.
And Volkov is not a take down artist, unlikely he gets it to the ground.

On the other hand, Volkov's stand up is far from perfect defensively, Gane will look to exploit that.
You just convinced me that Volkov is going to batter him for 25 minutes.

Gane will have his moments. May even win a round. But Volkov is just too solid.

You say he has holes. Everyone does. But Gane certainly won't 'Black Beast KTFO' him. All he can do is outpoint him. And to do that he has to get past Volkov's jabs and straights. And Volkov's fundamentals are as tight as anyone in HW.

I better get some money down on this ;)

The caveat here is Gane's handspeed, of course.

Last edited:
You just convinced me that Volkov is going to batter him for 25 minutes.

Gane will have his moments. May even win a round. But Volkov is just too solid.

You say he has holes. Everyone does. But Gane certainly won't 'Black Beast KTFO' him. All he can do is outpoint him. And to do that he has to get past Volkov's jabs and straights. And Volkov's fundamentals are as tight as anyone in HW.
Watch the 2nd round of Volkov vs Blaydes, 1st min. Volkov can easily get outboxed.

Watch the 2nd round of Volkov vs Blaydes, 1st min. Volkov can easily get outboxed.
I will do that. I don't remember this. Thank you.

Blaydes was outboxing Lewis too. But apparently both of them knew he couldn't do it for 25 minutes, heh.

Everyone would say that into media to look good, the emotions are still there trust me. They created him and if you think they aren´t angry another gym just took him and now they will make free fat paychecks you crazy lol.

They didn't create shit. He walked into that gym off the street and was winning his early fights based on natural athleticism.

All of his real technical improvememt has come under Nicksick and Cooper.

I will do that. I don't remember this. Thank you.

Blaydes was outboxing Lewis too. But apparently both of them knew he couldn't do it for 25 minutes, heh.
He also outboxed JDS.
Blaydes actually has actually very good fundamentals in striking, but he's too attached to his wrestling to the point he's using it when he could do better on the feet.

Back