cigarette smoke - bad training performance

ACzeMiky

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have one question. Last week I was sparring with much better opponent on friday and I was much better than him because I was training really hard now. I wasn't even out of breathe but today, I was in restaurant with my friend before training and there were a lot of smoking people, so I was breathing that smoke too. I don't like smoke from cigarettes at all. I want to throw up when I smell it, but I was hungry so I stayed there. I was about 45 minutes there and after that I went on training. I wasn't feeling good from that smoke and on the training I was constantly out of breathe. I was upset because of it, because last time I was training and sparring without problems and now this. On saturday I will have a boxing match, so I hope that me performance will be better again. What do you think. Is it normal? Will be my performance same like before? I know that this is kind of stupid question, but I am really upset because of it. Thank you guys for your replies.

1znrdqt.jpg

Mayorga laughs at your puny lungs

Hi everyone, I have one question. Last week I was sparring with much better opponent on friday and I was much better than him because I was training really hard now. I wasn't even out of breathe but today, I was in restaurant with my friend before training and there were a lot of smoking people, so I was breathing that smoke too. I don't like smoke from cigarettes at all. I want to throw up when I smell it, but I was hungry so I stayed there. I was about 45 minutes there and after that I went on training. I wasn't feeling good from that smoke and on the training I was constantly out of breathe. I was upset because of it, because last time I was training and sparring without problems and now this. On saturday I will have a boxing match, so I hope that me performance will be better again. What do you think. Is it normal? Will be my performance same like before? I know that this is kind of stupid question, but I am really upset because of it. Thank you guys for your replies.

Honestly, I think you are making the issue worse than it is.
You already have it in your head that cigarette smoke inhaled for alittle period of time is going to have a big impact on your breathing.
At some level I think you're conjuring those symptoms up.

I'm not saying it's a great thing to inhale that stuff.... but think of all the other nasty particulate matter you're inhaling during your day (like everyone else), but that stuff doesn't bother you at this profound level.

It's like anxiety, the more serious attention you pay to some symptom the worse the effects of that symptom are exacerbated.

Cigarettes are bad for you? Right.....

Whats next? Chocolate makes you fat?

shit.

a man on the moon?

imagine,boxers in decades past had to ply their trade in places like that restaurant every time they fought. of course it's not good for you, stay away from places like that if they make you feel like that.

I dunno about this. Yeah it can lead to serious respiratory problems but in that space of time I seriously doubt.

I smoke very rarely ATM but when I was averaging 20 a day I had ecgs,cholesterol,and lung function tests that all came back above average, and I have trained hard for an hour hour and a half then sparred rounds,over two years training.

Tbh I can't tell the difference between then and now,apart from I haven't trained properly for a long time and am out of shape.

I think you should be OK. Besides it only takes 48 hours for that to leave your system.

the shit ain't good for you, don't listen to these guys, just keep your ass out of those places. Doesn't matter if he's being a wuss or not, the stuff is not good for you in any way. If nothing else it's irritating as hell, makes your eyes itch, nose run, clothes smell, that's enough to want to stay away from the shit. I'm so glad wa. outlawed smoking in all public spaces about 8 years ago, I don't want to put up with someone elses weakness and bad habit.

Moz, there is so much crap in the air the way it is....
Alittle exposure to cigarette smoke is not going to have that kind of an impact on him

Alittle exposure to cigarette smoke is not going to have that kind of an impact on him

Unless of course he has undiagnosed asthma or some shit. Seems like a person would know though.

and as far as the training goes, drinking, drugging, women have destroyed more talent than anything else. Listen to the old trainers and learn from the mistakes of legendary wasted talents of Mike Tyson, Hector Camacho, Wilfred Benitez to name a few and learn from the mistakes of all the hardheaded men like Whitaker, Pryor, Arguello, Leonard, and many many others who thought they could handle anything.

yes there is, and let me tell you, you can notice a difference when you get away from it all. Another reason great fighters take their asses up into the wild when they train. And "alittle exposure" doesn't help anyone so why do it. Like I said, the irritation factor alone is enough to make me not want to deal with it. I know, I've had a family of nothing but smokers and I notice a difference when I'm around it a lot and when I'm not. My lungs don't want that shit and I can tell they close off a bit when I'm around heavy smokers. It's not bad enough they're slowly killing themselves they don't care who they hurt in the process and that's inexcusable. Stats say second hand smoke kills, look it up.

My lungs don't want that shit and I can tell they close off a bit when I'm around heavy smokers.

Exactly as you said. I felt like when my lungs closed off and I couldn't inhale enough of oxygen. I don't know. I have probably just different reactions on cigarette smoke than the others.

You sound Asian in the opening post.
As a one time pack a day smoker trust me when I say, no one smokes like asians smoke.

Strong ciggies and lots of em, plus smoking areas in Asia are not regulated very well.

You will be 100% fine,
but I would avoid hanging out in places without lots of smoke as a general rule of thumb.

You sound Asian in the opening post.
As a one time pack a day smoker trust me when I say, no one smokes like asians smoke.

Strong ciggies and lots of em, plus smoking areas in Asia are not regulated very well.

You will be 100% fine,
but I would avoid hanging out in places without lots of smoke as a general rule of thumb.

sounded more like a kid to me. but Asian made cigarettes are definitely worse for you. Here in seattle we had people selling bootleg cigarettes from asia which were the same brands (Marlboro,camel etc..,)) but they had more bullshit in them, my brother bought them and his hacking quickly became much worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back