Cia Paulista

Have you checked out Cassio Werneck's?
Sacramento BJJ – Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy – Serving Roseville, Davis and Rocklin, Jiu-Jitsu Training
Can't think of a better instructor. Great environment as well. You should check it out.

nothing bad to say about Cassio, it is just a whole different level training with Cia Paulista, it is a world wide team with TOP level BJJ guys. like i said Cassio has solid BJJ but in my opinion andre's is on another level. but as long as your doin BJJ your on the right path! it's a way of life!

Cia Paulista Jiu-Jitsu Company, LLC Sacramento CA check it out!

nothing bad to say about Cassio, it is just a whole different level training with Cia Paulista, it is a world wide team with TOP level BJJ guys. like i said Cassio has solid BJJ but in my opinion andre's is on another level. but as long as your doin BJJ your on the right path! it's a way of life!

you have only had 4 posts total and they all promot andre's gym. you really think his bjj is on another level from a world bjj champion (mundials) like cassio? has andre taken 1st in the mundials? not trying to discredit or anything, but seems a little fishy

Nothing bad to say about Andre, it is just a whole different level training at Werneck's Jiu-Jitsu, we've got multiple black belts training regularly, also Cassio was world champion, Marcos Torregrosa is National champion, plus Cassio is multiple time Pan Ams champ. like i said Andre has solid BJJ but in my opinion Cassio's is on another level. but as long as your doin BJJ your on the right path! it's a way of life!

LOL

No, really, I don't know Andre, only know of people who trained with him. My advice is that if your looking for a place to train in Sacramento, check them all out. In my opinion Cassio's is THE place to train in the area, but that is my opinion after all. The only way you'll know if it's right for you is if you try the places out. And really I don't want to argue here, because you are welcome to idolize your instructor, but if you were to compare competition records between Cassio and Andre... well, do so and make your own judgments.

Cassio's Record

Andre's Record

Nothing bad to say about Andre, it is just a whole different level training at Werneck's Jiu-Jitsu, we've got multiple black belts training regularly, also Cassio was world champion, Marcos Torregrosa is National champion, plus Cassio is multiple time Pan Ams champ. like i said Andre has solid BJJ but in my opinion Cassio's is on another level. but as long as your doin BJJ your on the right path! it's a way of life!

LOL

No, really, I don't know Andre, only know of people who trained with him. My advice is that if your looking for a place to train in Sacramento, check them all out. In my opinion Cassio's is THE place to train in the area, but that is my opinion after all. The only way you'll know if it's right for you is if you try the places out. And really I don't want to argue here, because you are welcome to idolize your instructor, but if you were to compare competition records between Cassio and Andre... well, do so and make your own judgments.

Cassio's Record

Andre's Record

Haha @ imagining how hard it was for you to be civil and reply cordially despite the "Andre is on a different level than Cassio" comment. That must've took some discipline right there.

Cassio is by far the most decorated grappler in Sacramento, probably all of Northern California.

Edit: I probably shouldn't make such a definititive statement without knowing for sure. But as far as I know, he is.

Before this thing spirals out of control, let me say again what was the most improtant thing in my post "as long as your doin BJJ your on the right path! it's a way of life!"

Each person is going to have their own opinion go roll with both and stay where you are most comfertable thay are BOTH world class guys on and off the mat.

there were no ill intentions here, if i was taken that way I did not mean it that way it is great that there are two great bjj guys so close, two great teams!

like i said just make sure you do it somewhere, check them both out!

enjoy!

PS there is a seminar coming up where some guys from Cia Paulista Brazil are coming over it's open to everyone.......click the link and scroll down Companhia Paulista de Jiu-jitsu

i have been training with andre in sacramento for about one year. he puts a great deal of importance on competing. we work alot of closed guard but we learn other guards as well. the conditioning can be difficult at first but helps alot during competition. his english is incredible. i like him alot as a person and teacher. we are small and only just over a year old but we have a very tight team as a result. andre is very old school but very real. we all love him. any questions just ask.

Andre is a great instructor. A few of our purple belts (Chris Latino and Nick Night) teach when Andre is off. They are also great instructors. We are sponsoring 'The California State Open' tournament on Sept. 18 & 19 2010 at Capital Christian School so if you want to find out more about CIA Paulista Jiu-Jitsu or want to come try to tap us out check out CA State Open | Home and come on out!

I don't know much about the Sacramento branch. The Cia Paulista Canada is great. Though that probably doesn't help you unless you are moving up here.

it is hard to get a good answer to a question like this bc most people will simply rep their own gym. i have spent 5+ years at another sacramento bjj gym so it would be easy for me to recomend the place i train at. my advice is that u try out all the schools in the area to find the best school for you.

i know nothing about cia paulista, but andrei is a sick instructor from what i have heard.

sacramento has tons of good places to train at the moment.

Carlos Eduardo "Portugese" is from Cia Paulista. He was one of the top lightweights (or was it featherweights?) a couple years back when Marcio Feitosa was still competing. Good Closed guard.

He down in Melbourne Australia now, I seen him compete at a comp down here n he was awesome gave a 120kg bloke a real hard time. Me instructor said he really good.

Try all of them, see which is the best environment for you. Being a better or more decorated competitor doesn't mean you're better at Jiujitsu. Some people aren't good at competition, some just don't like to compete.

I don't know about Cassio's, but Cia Paulista was one of the friendliest places I trained at when I dropped in for one class last year. Andre is also very good, so I don't know which place is the best but Cia Paulista is a great gym for sure.

New Cia Paulista Sacramento Location!!
Tomorrow no morning class but 5pm Kids Class 6pm Adults Class at NEW LOCATION!
1106 North D, Unit 12, Sacramento!
Take Richards Turn onto Dos Rios and take a Right onto North D.

What up gang,
I want to know about the Cia Paulista family of B. Jiu-jitsu. Are they relatively new? Does their family have a particular style (aggressive, excellent guard etc.)? Do they have a good reputation in the Jiu-jitsu (Brazilian) community? Any notable players, whether it's just BJJ or MMA? How big, active etc. etc.

Andre Glodzinski just opened a Cia Paulista academy in Sacramento and I wanted to do as much research as I could before peepin' (paying for) it, I've checked out the facility and while it's not as big as Ultimate Fitness where Andre used to coach at, it's clean and comfortable with a bunch of banana bags, thai pads and decent space for rollin', Andre himself seems like a good guy too. But again, I want the 411 on the Paulista lineage.

Thanks in advance.
Hello,I am a student of Waldomiro Perez Jr. One of th e founder's of Cia Paulista.I was looking through the thread and would like to give you a link of the background of and founders of CIA PAULISTA BJJ.Cia Paulista | BJJ Heroes
and here is another link..Companhia Paulista de Jiu-jitsu

I hope this help's and I know you posted this question in 08. But, I wanted to make sure that you got the correct info and direct link's to information on Cia Paulista BJJ Team and history! OOSSS!

What up gang,
I want to know about the Cia Paulista family of B. Jiu-jitsu. Are they relatively new? Does their family have a particular style (aggressive, excellent guard etc.)? Do they have a good reputation in the Jiu-jitsu (Brazilian) community? Any notable players, whether it's just BJJ or MMA? How big, active etc. etc.

Andre Glodzinski just opened a Cia Paulista academy in Sacramento and I wanted to do as much research as I could before peepin' (paying for) it, I've checked out the facility and while it's not as big as Ultimate Fitness where Andre used to coach at, it's clean and comfortable with a bunch of banana bags, thai pads and decent space for rollin', Andre himself seems like a good guy too. But again, I want the 411 on the Paulista lineage.

Thanks in advance.

I trained with Cia Paulista Seattle under Professor Tupper. Not sure about Team Andre, but the Seattle team has a very aggressive style that's focused more on combat jiu jitsu (mma & self defense specific) rather than a tournament focused curriculum. Tupp is a big believer in body type specific jits, so what you get training with him is, essentially, a highly aggressive style that's tailored to your physical attributes. It's worth noting that you can't just walk in off the street to join the Seattle branch. They don't advertise at all. It's not officially invitation only, but that is kinda the way it ends up going. Great team though. My time training with Cia Paulista taught me more than in my previous 6 years of bjj.

Cia Paulista taught ghetto kids when 'others' would only teach the well off, they were also big on leg locks at a time when 'others' undervalued and disparaged them, all the Cia Paulista cats I've met are super cool and so they should be...Osss

I've trained with guys that trained there before. They all seem to be tough guys. A lot of grit for sure.
A lot of guys have started and left there cause it wasn't the right fit. Like most people here said. Try out some gyms and see what you like . It's great that sacramento has so many options now.
Depending on where you live and your style there are good options in the greater Sacramento area

Man, reading through these deep necro threads makes me want to pour a virtual 40 for Sherbros past.

Back