Cia Paulista

C

Chonbody

What up gang,
I want to know about the Cia Paulista family of B. Jiu-jitsu. Are they relatively new? Does their family have a particular style (aggressive, excellent guard etc.)? Do they have a good reputation in the Jiu-jitsu (Brazilian) community? Any notable players, whether it's just BJJ or MMA? How big, active etc. etc.

Andre Glodzinski just opened a Cia Paulista academy in Sacramento and I wanted to do as much research as I could before peepin' (paying for) it, I've checked out the facility and while it's not as big as Ultimate Fitness where Andre used to coach at, it's clean and comfortable with a bunch of banana bags, thai pads and decent space for rollin', Andre himself seems like a good guy too. But again, I want the 411 on the Paulista lineage.

Thanks in advance.

so i gave searching the web a shot: i find nothing about the family -- closest thing to having anything to do with lineage was this interesting jpg off what i guess is the main site

doesn't answer your question though, sorry

Andre Glodzinski, the Sensai at Cia Paulista received his blackbelt from the San Paolo, Brazil branch of Cia Paulista. I believe Cia Paulista is one of the largest BJJ camps in San Paolo. I think Andre was Brazil's national BJJ champ twice and won some other big tourneys. He has taught/trained at BJ Penn's gum in Hilo, Urijah Faber's gym in Sac and Rampage Jackson's camp at big bear along with Rampages head BJJ trainer who is also with Cia Paulista. The California Cia Paulista branch is new but one of the students won his weight division at the Pan Ams and another stuident won his weight division at the First Americas Cup. Andre always encourages his students to competes and is always in their corner to coach them. Definitely recommend training with him.

This is the first I've ever heard of him myself, but that doesn't necessarily mean shit. There are some very good players and instructors out there that are virtually unknown outside of Brasil. Go check out a free trial and see what he's all about.

That youtube clip doesn't look like Andre. I trained with him for a few months at Faber's place. Great instruction and great laidback guy. It sucks they (Andre/Gym) had to part ways. I can't afford to train at two gyms and but would if i could. Cia Paulista is i think connected to Sao Paolo Brazil, not San Paolo. Andre also trained with/at Machado's place in LA when he first came to the states.

ttt = To The Top. It brings your thread to the top of forum.

I know Andre also and he is a very good instructor. He also goes out of his way to make sure you are doing the techniques correctly.

That youtube clip doesn't look like Andre. I trained with him for a few months at Faber's place. Great instruction and great laidback guy. It sucks they (Andre/Gym) had to part ways. I can't afford to train at two gyms and but would if i could. Cia Paulista is i think connected to Sao Paolo Brazil, not San Paolo. Andre also trained with/at Machado's place in LA when he first came to the states.

Sao Paulo :)

I have trained with Andre for sometime now and it is the BEST Jiu-Jitsu I have ever seen! His new gym is sick, a little small but man it feels like you are training in freakin brazil under one of the best! all i gotta say is if you are in limbo of where to go just go take a class with Andre and you'll be hooked like me. they also have MMA, kickboxing and i think wrestling! the place is super nice gotta check it out!!!

Carlos Eduardo "Portugese" is from Cia Paulista. He was one of the top lightweights (or was it featherweights?) a couple years back when Marcio Feitosa was still competing. Good Closed guard.

Companhia Paulista is amazing, and it's got many top guys.. I was fortunate enough to meet one of them and train with him for a while, Carlos Eduardo Portugues.. Top, Top guy!! he is teaching in Australia now, but Cia is a very good team

If you like to train hard this is definately the place to train
most people cant even hang with the warm ups for the first week or two

Back