Movies Chungking Express and Fallen Angels

SteveColdStone

School of Self Awareness
@Silver
Reaction score
Anybody else watched these movies? I just finished watching them; they are beautiful films. That’s all I have right now.

Seen em liked em
Quality post
You’re a quality poster posting quality posts and you know a quality post when you see a quality post and will therefore call it a quality post as it’s a quality post

Stated eloquently
Are you one of those speaky dudes that says stuff and gets monie?
Yes I get paid to speaky in front of a lot of people and they take heed to me when I speaky. I also get paid to write books.

For anybody who has seen the film and wants to read a cool breakdown of sorts, perhaps read this:

I actually tried to watch one of these recently, I think chungking express

Not sure if I've seen fallen angels but it sounds familiar

I actually tried to watch one of these recently, I think chungking express

Not sure if I've seen fallen angels but it sounds familiar
They’re both made by the same director. Fallen Angels is a sequel of sorts to Chungking Express. The films both have unique camera work that is hard to forget.

fantastic films. now Criterion just needs to announce their Wong Kar-wai boxset already god dammit. i need Fallen Angels on bluray like yesterday

drunk Doyle is best Doyle

Theres a Korean label talking about releasing them on UHD

which one? if the release includes both bluray & UHD, & has comparable extras, i might go that route

Novamedia although they've not released details of how and when yet.

Honestly with extras I'm less interested in stuff like Wong Kar Wai were there's a wealth of comment and interviews on his work, you can get loads of Chris Doyle on youtube. The big benefit I find tends to come in somewhat more obscure stuff were its harder to track anything down.

Last edited:
Chungking Express is one of the best films ever. Fallen Angels is a weird one, like, was it supposed to be a drama / action / rom-com or something? I take In The Mood For Love over it.

Chungking Express is one of the best films ever. Fallen Angels is a weird one, like, was it supposed to be a drama / action / rom-com or something? I take In The Mood For Love over it.
Fallen Angels was pretty random but that’s how the director wanted it to be. I watched Fallen Angels first and really enjoyed it. Chunking Express stuck with me a bit more though. I found officer 663’s story very gripping.

Saw Chungking Express when it came out in the theater in the late 90s. Always remember that experience. Such an exquisitely beautiful film. That was my introduction to Wong Kar Wai and I pretty much Love all his work.

Also, ever since then that movie owns California Dreamin’. Can’t hear it without thinking of that movie.

Saw Chungking Express when it came out in the theater in the late 90s. Always remember that experience. Such an exquisitely beautiful film. That was my introduction to Wong Kar Wai and I pretty much Love all his work.

Also, ever since then that movie owns California Dreamin’. Can’t hear it without thinking of that movie.
I’m excited to check out the rest of his films. I would have loved to have been able to experience the film in the 90s like you did.

Back