K1 gastelum for the belt

In my opinion, Kelvin Gastelum should always have MMA fights in the Welterweight Division. I can't believe that he wasted so many years of his life and his career attempting to have MMA fights in the Middleweight Division (which is 171 lb - 185 lb).

If the Kelvin that beat Uriah Hall to win the ultimate fighter at 21 stayed focus and disciplined his entire career...diet on point, cardio on point, in the gym year round...I literally don't think there'd have ever been an Usman-Colby era, Kelvin was just far more talented than either of those guys...he just lacked the mental aspect. It's crazy to look at him now as a 19-9 journeyman who threw away his career in terms of greatness and potential. I still remember that 11-0 22 year old who looked like a future champion.

In my opinion, Kelvin Gastelum should always have MMA fights in the Welterweight Division. I can't believe that he wasted so many years of his life and his career attempting to have MMA fights in the Middleweight Division (which is 171 lb - 185 lb).
He's a weight missing goofball

If the Kelvin that beat Uriah Hall to win the ultimate fighter at 21 stayed focus and disciplined his entire career...diet on point, cardio on point, in the gym year round...I literally don't think there'd have ever been an Usman-Colby era, Kelvin was just far more talented than either of those guys...he just lacked the mental aspect. It's crazy to look at him now as a 19-9 journeyman who threw away his career in terms of greatness and potential. I still remember that 11-0 22 year old who looked like a future champion.
I was so sure Kelvin would have won the ww title from Woodley if he stayed disciplined

I was so sure Kelvin would have won the ww title from Woodley if he stayed disciplined

Too much wishful thinking there imo
Kelvin lost to Magny and Brady at WW, as well as to former WW in Till and barely got past another former WW in Curtis as well as Rick Story.
He is very good but has shortcomings regardless of discipline, which is btw an attribute just as any other in fighting.

i think the loss to adesanya destroyed his spirit. to get close to the top, and to climb back up again must be daunting, and that probably caused the loss of focus and drive to get back there.

He's a weight missing goofball

yeah, it's strange. maybe he thought he was like cain and could eat whatever and still win fights. the difference is that cain's style is to control you. kelvins never has been. you can't be out of shape and eat whatever you want if your game is to strike and move.

Should this be impressive?
Because this seems average.
And I like Gastelum.
Well, not really, but I admit he has a lot of potential with that great chin and those fast hands. Or he had...

I posted this to stir up reaction.

Any Nak Muay here will look at this like beginner padwork.
His kicks are lacking and his movement is stiff a.f.

I also miss that 21yr old K.G.
He also gave Izzy something to think about.

A boxing/wrestling WW K.G could definitely have been champ.

No matter what though. He's had some wars and is a stud.

Back