Chuck Liddell says in his prime he gives Jon Jones 'trouble,' 'I would catch him sooner or later'

Augustus Caesar

ブッブーですわ
@Gold
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/2...mma-news?_ga=1.33866530.2020281237.1456175575

Chuck_Liddell_2006.0.jpg

"We'll see how he comes back," Liddell told The Fighter and The Kid podcast. "He always shows up to fight. He's good at winning fights. If he keeps beating everybody he's the best right now. I still think if he fought someone like me in my prime he would have a lot of trouble.

"The problem is he doesn't hit hard enough to hurt me and he's not going to out-wrestle me. He's not going to out-wrestle me and I hit too hard for him. I would catch him sooner or later. Styles make fights."

Who wins in their prime?

Yeah,nah.

In his prime he couldnt beat rampage,how's he supposed to get Jones?
I dont hold it against Chuck for believing it though, the guys a savage and hed definitley try to kill Jones.

He very well could've caught Jones.

The overhand right is tailor made to knock tall fighters like Jones block off.

Would be a good scrap.

He very well could've caught Jones.

The overhand right is tailor made to knock tall fighters like Jones block off.

Would be a good scrap.

maybe before he won the title he mightve gotten him..but when he got his shit all together into well oiled machine? greg jackson woulda had him runnin circles around him.

lololololololol

Chuck has nothing for Jones. Probably just gets put on his back, mounted and pounded out similar to the Rampage fight in Pride.

Yeah yeah... sure..

kocosports-evansko.gif

Even in his prime, Liddell loses 10 times out of 10 against Jones

Nah, as successful as Chuck was, he was largely one dimensional as compared to today's standards. Jones is just too well rounded and would beat him wherever the fight went. I think him and Rumble would've been an interesting fight though.

He could.

I've seen chuck take full power bare knuckle strikes and glance them off

Naw, I'm going to be real. Jones is too long an accurate, along with that oblique kick

The Liddell that beat Victor and overeem maybe but did he say in these strict ped testing days cause he's part of the old school look the other way days

I doubt Jones would have been able to keep Chuck on the ground. Chuck had a good chin back then and through some vicious, oddly angled punches.

Doubt he would have KO'd Jones though. Jones would have won a UD in fight that would be 90% on the feet.

Jones kicks would be key. He would probably poke Chuck in the eye at a time or two and Chucks legendary thumb would be out of the game completely.

Chuck is crazy if he thinks that Jones couldnt be successful with his wrestling.

Love Chuck but he needs to be more vague about comparing era's. I doubt that Jones has even peaked yet.

Liddell was one of my favorite fighters but he is out of his mind thinking he would have beaten Jones. A prime Jones vs a prime Liddell, the real money would be on Jones as a heavy favorite 10/10x's. Love you Liddell but no you're not beating Jones.

Chuck was very difficult to take down and hold down, but it wasn't impossible. Jones would probably finish him from the mount in round 1. If prime Chuck was able to keep it standing, it's still a toss-up.

Jones violates Chuck violently, repeatedly for 3 rounds until Jones sinks the sub in.

Jones beats chuck everywhere. Too tall, too technical, ect. Chuck was the man in his day and no one can take that away from him, and OF COURSE a fighter is always gonna say he'd have a chance.
Who's just gonna say "naw the new champ would beat my ass GOOD THING I RETIRED LOL". But Chuck wouldn't have anything for Jones on his best night. anyone who says otherwise is just being overly nostalgic or just a plain ol jones hater.

Back