Chuck Liddell says in his prime he gives Jon Jones 'trouble,' 'I would catch him sooner or later'

motivator461b62bec568f54a495836bbd8f9402c219b4b0f.jpg

Big Chuck fan from back in the day but come on, Prime Chuck would get wasted by Jones

When did Chuck ever fight a wrestler like Jones? Let alone one with the striking acumen?

Now, in a Coke contest... CHuck all the way every day.

ahahaha Chuck mastered doing coke much better than Jon Jones thats for sure. He made sure Willa ford drove him everywhere,and laid off the nose candy when it came time for the hard trainings.

If that was Jones, Chuck would still be standing at the end of that and not able to see shit.
That squawk is tired. Quit trying to troll the best fighter in the world w/ that lame drivel.

this guy is the embodiment of trashy meathead mma fans
jonathan bones ragdolls him worse than DC did to hendo

I'm sure that he could catch him, but so what? Jones has proven that he doesn't exactly have a glass jaw.

I think he would have a very hard time catching him. Chuck is powerful but very one dimensional, and even if he did catch jones with a big shot i dont think jones would get knocked out. I think jones picks him apart and frustrates him. Makes him tap to strikes or submits him.

chuck's a fighter and a former champ. you need confidence to get to that point. i don't think he should get flack for thinking that way. but jones would light him up. no question

Meh. Can't blame Chuck for thinking that, but that doesn't mean the rest of us have to take it seriously. I'd give Chuck maybe a 35% of surviving and a 15% chance of winning.

I got nothing but love for chuck but he was far to 1 dimensional to beat Jones. Jones changes levels unlike anybody he has ever faced to go a long with is unorthodox but effective array of striking, just don't see any chance where "prime chuck" or any other chuck could of bested Jones.

I believe him. There was a time when Chuck was blasting every body in front of him.

Chuck would have a chance with his power and good scrambling ability, but not a very good one.

Back