Christmas diet entering into the holiday season

chimpoehurricane

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
elf-santas-coming.gif

I am going hard clean dieting into the holiday season. <Moves>Intermittent fasting too.

Are any of you guys dieting as well? What sort of habits are you creating to avoid breaking your diet or getting into bad habits?

I'm simply not buying anything unhealthy. I won't eat it. No eating out to rubbish fast food. No junk food. I even changed my route to the gym to avoid shakes.

icegif-439.gif

Reactions: Gio
Going real strick the next 2 months as well. Interval sprints on the treadmill 4x a week to keep the metabolism high and then 2 days of weights

Started really cranking up the water intake last week and it's helped lower appetite. Sticking to healthy and easy to eat foods (avocados, banana, chicken, turkey, sweet potatoes, Greek yogurt, vegetables, protein powder).

Vegetables helps alot with keeping you full with not alot of calories but my body's still getting use to the higher fiber content, it's causing a slightly upset GI

Reactions: Gio
This isn't a new thing for Xmas but I've had good success just focusing on hitting the 1 gram of protein per pound of ideal weight. This means the calories you reduce have to come from carbs and fat. Whichever one you choose to cut more is personal preference. You don't want lower protein because that's where your satiety and muscle mass are going to come from. On paper vegetables should be good but in practise I get hungry like 15 mins after eating a bowl of vegetables. My stomach isn't fooled at all "The fuck is this? This isn't food, mate." For satiety protein works better for me. I do eat some fruit like strawberries and blueberries, they're great. I wouldn't eat very sweet fruit like mangoes, pineapples, grapes, etc, because that's leaning a little too much into carbs. If you find yourself getting gassed out at the gym you can choose to eat more carbs, but that means you get to eat less fat. I'd rather be able to eat more fat, for example being able to eat fattier cuts of beef. If you had very low fat allowed in your macros, I guess you'd be looking at stuff like chicken breast, which is a little depressing.

Back